ADVERTISEMENT

"I'm a pretty girl. Please, don't make me go in there!" Too pretty for jail DUI woman.

She sure doesn't look that pretty in the video. The wonders of makeup.
You going anywhere Bob after seeing that video?

Reactions: 4IUSox2 and EdH85
First offense? No chance there should be jail time. For a DUI?

People do far, far worse things and don't get jail time. This is a non-story.
Agree. What state gives jail time for a first DUI offense? And to top it off, she loses her job. This country is insane.

Reactions: stormingnorm
Another judge that should be disbarred. There seems to be a lot of them.

Is there more to the story? A first time DUI is never getting jail time in any court unless she blew a .2 or caused an accident. Why is his worthy of debarment?

Reactions: Pride
First offense? No chance there should be jail time. For a DUI?

People do far, far worse things and don't get jail time. This is a non-story.
In PA one can get jail time for 1st offense DUI if they are not eligible for ARD.

When I read the article I was surprised they wrote “she blew thru the stop sign at twice the limit”. What’s the speed limit for going thru a stop sign in South Carolina?

In PA one can get jail time for 1st offense DUI if they are not eligible for ARD.

I know 2 people that have had 3 DUIs in PA that never saw a day of jail time. If you get jail time for your first DUI without their being an accident that caused an injury you're doing everything wrong and should have hired an attorney.

Reactions: wbcincy and TheGLOV
I know 2 people that have had 3 DUIs in PA that never saw a day of jail time. If you get jail time for your first DUI without their being an accident that caused an injury you're doing everything wrong and should have hired an attorney.
If the person doesn’t qualify for ARD and their BAC is not in the lowest tier they can get a couple of days in jail.
Usually if they can’t get ARD it is because they had a previous offense or they blew off their court appearances.
As for your friends, I believe 3rd offense DUI has a mandatory jail sentence, perhaps your friends were convicted prior to the new laws.
Maybe they were able to accept a plea to a lesser offense.

Reactions: TheGLOV
Reactions: BBrown and TheGLOV
If the person doesn’t qualify for ARD and their BAC is not in the lowest tier they can get a couple of days in jail.
Usually if they can’t get ARD it is because they had a previous offense or they blew off their court appearances.
As for your friends, I believe 3rd offense DUI has a mandatory jail sentence, perhaps your friends were convicted prior to the new laws.
Maybe they were able to accept a plea to a lesser offense.

They can but they won't.
And, yes, you can always accept a plea if no one is injured.
Again, if someone is getting jail time for their first DUI in a non-injury related DUI they've done EVERYTHING wrong a person could do throughout the process.

Anyone wanna’ make book on how many DUI’s our State Senator (And PSU White Knight) Jake Corman has on his resume?

How about our County Judge here in Centre County?

It is what it is.
Our centre county judge has only one dui on his record and if the dumb ass had not run over a pedestrian's foot he would have zero DUIs on his record. However, while in a pulled over car, sitting behind the steering wheel he has had numerous conversations with PSP officers.

Eventually ended up doing the jail time. Was gonna do community service until I found out I had to pay the state of California around a hundred bucks a day to pick up trash on the side of the road.

Thanks, it would be a tough decision. I was wondering if a weekend in jail was better than using a weeks vacation to do community service. Although I could see jail time looking worse on your record. Was it like a county jail, or a real prison?

Thanks, it would be a tough decision. I was wondering if a weekend in jail was better than using a weeks vacation to do community service. Although I could see jail time looking worse on your record. Was it like a county jail, or a real prison?
Ventura County jail.. I did it on the weekend. They would have let me do community service on the weekends too but like I said I didn't know they make you pay for that stuff. The night I spent in the drunk tank was a blast.... Except for the whole dui thing... You meet a ton of strange characters....

Made me think of this. Skip to 1:30 to start the specific sequence :)

That's funny... It was kinda like that except there were no benches, everyone had to sit on the floor. They took all our shoelaces as well... Still can't figure out why they did that. It was full of drunks and druggies.... I probably would have partied with most of them to tell the truth... Just for the stories.. Lol.

That's funny... It was kinda like that except there were no benches, everyone had to sit on the floor. They took all our shoelaces as well... Still can't figure out why they did that. It was full of drunks and druggies.... I probably would have partied with most of them to tell the truth... Just for the stories.. Lol.
I think they take your shoelaces so you can't hang yourself - that's what a friend of mine who would know told me.o_O

Reactions: Gnat91 and TheGLOV

Shoelaces can be used as weapons.

Reactions: Gnat91
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT