ADVERTISEMENT

If you could ask a Penn State BOT member anything…..

On a per-student basis state funding in PA is around 12th. We have more public colleges than everybody but NY, Cali and TX.
And that is the problem. Pa has a gazillion schools even though its population has dropped or hasn’t grown in decades. And it lost massive tax structure with the closing of steel, coal, auto, powdered metals, machine shops, and more.

They need to close a lot of schools, not just rename them like they did a couple years ago.

Reactions: bison13
On a per-student basis state funding in PA is around 12th. We have more public colleges than everybody but NY, Cali and TX.
Source?

The National Science Foundation says PA is #43 this year. Also, PA funds are not evenly divided. Penn State receives significantly less per student than Temple or Pitt.

Reactions: PSU2UNC
Boy are you clueless about PA politics.

The steep decline started when Corbett slashed funding to higher education in 2012. And we were warned of the long term consequences at the time.

The Republicans look control of the PA House in 2010 and held it for 12 years. During Wolf’s 2 terms he proposed increases for state universities each year and the Republicans fought it every time.

The Republicans should continue to withhold funds until Penn State gets completely rid of their obscene wokeness, & radicalism!

The truth is, does it really matter. With 3 votes they basically have no power. From where I sit, things have just gotten progressively worse with each passing year. I barely recognize the place.

Not that they would do anything about it, I'd love to know if PSU will ever be welcoming conservative students back to PSU?
There are actually nine alumni votes. Three are elected each year. But on a board of 32 …or whatever the true number is…..nine is pretty inconsequential. Which was the entire purpose of increasing the size of the board when it “ reformed” itself after the Sandusky debacle. An outside expert recommended it Board reduce its size from 25 to 15 after the scandal but the board actually increased it to 32 and added a few powerless alumni to quiet the unsettled masses.

The Republicans should continue to withhold funds until Penn State gets completely rid of their obscene wokeness, & radicalism!
And here, in a nutshell, is why PA higher education is in crisis. Penn State is huge in Ag, engineering, nursing, it is the talent pipeline for the state. But hyper-political Republicans will ignore all of that and happily starve universities because they won’t kowtow to political agendas.

• Wow
Reactions: Westcoast24
And here, in a nutshell, is why PA higher education is in crisis. Penn State is huge in Ag, engineering, nursing, it is the talent pipeline for the state. But hyper-political Republicans will ignore all of that and happily starve universities because they won’t kowtow to political agendas.
Yeah, that’s it. The whole damned entire problem. It’s all Republicans fault. Everyone else is perfecta and above suspicion.

Penn State actively discriminates against young White Males, & it’s been happening for over a decade now…………..

I graduated from Penn State a decade ago now, & I experienced it while I was on-campus!

Ok, so a lot of questions were asked. A lot of topics broached.

Any answers? Did this make any difference? Did anyone in a position to change anything pay any attention? Was there even any discussion about any of it?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT