ADVERTISEMENT

If You Are a Vegetarian, This Thread Isn't Gonna Excite You 🥩 🥩

SH0RTS

Sep 9, 2021
I've really enjoyed spending some time with you good folks since our home and home series. I hope we get to play again and meet up. You offer a nice break from my home board and you've been pretty welcoming . So, I thought I would share a few things about me that you will hate me for or like me for. Here's a few pics of some of my, let's call it, hobby- at least for now..

New York Strips
SczbIqD.jpeg

zfMZ5Ov.jpeg

tiGeHqf.jpeg

W0KKf61.jpeg

WYqVT0b.jpeg

Ribeyes

BvFVnmM.jpeg

Wd27YaE.jpeg

Brisket Jalapeño and Cheese Sausage. 1/2 Pork Butt 1/2 Brisket

v5DwinQ.jpg

YMzWjzZ.jpg

kRQ2Ldx.jpeg
hEOGD0A.jpeg

533WbhV.jpg

yqpLtw4.jpeg

I am practically drooling! I am on a rice diet this week from food poisoning /stomach bug and cannot eat anything good.
That sucks! Im not sure I've ever had food poisoning. I assume it means cramps and spewing from both ends. Here's to hoping you have a speedy recovery so you can enjoy some kind of carnivorous creation.

Reactions: LMTLION
I've really enjoyed spending some time with you good folks since our home and home series. I hope we get to play again and meet up. You offer a nice break from my home board and you've been pretty welcoming . So, I thought I would share a few things about me that you will hate me for or like me for. Here's a few pics of some of my, let's call it, hobby- at least for now..

New York Strips
SczbIqD.jpeg

zfMZ5Ov.jpeg

tiGeHqf.jpeg

W0KKf61.jpeg

WYqVT0b.jpeg

Ribeyes

BvFVnmM.jpeg

Wd27YaE.jpeg

Brisket Jalapeño and Cheese Sausage. 1/2 Pork Butt 1/2 Brisket

v5DwinQ.jpg

YMzWjzZ.jpg

kRQ2Ldx.jpeg
hEOGD0A.jpeg

533WbhV.jpg

yqpLtw4.jpeg
Where is ur shop

Where is ur shop
I dont have one. Im prodding my wife to go ahead and retire, so we can sell our two properties and move and build our forever home. At that point, I will probably get something going. Probably in Baldwin, Co Ala near Fairhope/Point Clear/Gulf Shores OR Lee County near Auburn. But, Ive got to get this broad to give up the ghost.

That sucks! Im not sure I've ever had food poisoning. I assume it means cramps and spewing from both ends. Here's to hoping you have a speedy recovery so you can enjoy some kind of carnivorous creation.
My favorite food is ribeye, medium rare. My second favorite is lobster. My second favorite has done me in. I am afraid my relationship with my second favorite is strained forever! :)

My favorite food is ribeye, medium rare. My second favorite is lobster. My second favorite has done me in. I am afraid my relationship with my second favorite is strained forever! :)
You are destined to a happy eternity in Heaven, because the Ribeye is the best cut off the cow, and coincidentally is also the Lord Almighty's favorite cut as well. So, you're living right. I have been doing a lot more scallops lately than I have lobster. But, the risk is there as well.

Reactions: LMTLION
I'm not sure if I'm more impressed with your smoked meats or your home......looks like you have a beautiful home! And that's not your forever home? Looks pretty nice based on what I see in the background. Well done Shorts and I don't mean the meat ;)

BTW, I adhere to a plant based lifestyle and enjoy it and have benefited from it, but I'll always miss well prepared meats like that! What do you mix with your sausage?

Last edited:
Reactions: bison13 and SH0RTS
I'm not sure I'm most impressed with your smoked meats or your home......looks like you have a beautiful home! And that's not your forever home? Looks pretty nice based on what I see in the background. Well done Shorts and I don't mean the meat ;)
Thanks, man. Its a little larger than we need for the 2 of us since the kid graduated. Well, we have a German Shepherd, so maybe not. 4 br/4.5ba. But, its the first and only home weve bought. When we were moving around for 3 years, we rented and saved. It's a 90's style home. We bought a little condo in Auburn in 08 that has served us well for games. But, we are getting out of Birmingham and will be looking for a few acres near a smaller town to build on. we are leaning towards getting closer to the Gulf Coast area, BUT NOT ON THE COAST! Im not down with the insurance premiums eating up our retirement savings.

Thanks for the kind words.

Reactions: mhlarch
BTW, I adhere to a plant based lifestyle and enjoy it and have benefited from it, but I'll always miss well prepared meats like that! What do you mix with your sausage?
That particular sausage in the photo is the brisket/pork butt jalapeños and cheese. Its a high temp, 1/4" cubed cheese that doesnt melt all out like liquid when you cut into it. Stays gooey. Ive got sodium nitrite, salt, granulated garlic, Mustard powder, paprika, black pepper, milk powder, and heavy cream in it.

I also do a habanero/pineapple sausage, a sage sausage, sweet heat chipotle sausage, a chili-lime sausage, and after 4 or 5 batches of trial and error, finally got a chicken sausage that tastes like Kentucky Fried Chicken. I dont put any MSG OR Sodium erythorbate in my sausage. Although, im gonna add some in my next batch and see if the difference is worth it.

I also like to cold smoke pork bellies for bacon. Have a few different flavors for that.

Kml
That particular sausage in the photo is the brisket/pork butt jalapeños and cheese. Its a high temp, 1/4" cubed cheese that doesnt melt all out like liquid when you cut into it. Stays gooey. Ive got sodium nitrite, salt, granulated garlic, Mustard powder, paprika, black pepper, milk powder, and heavy cream in it.

I also do a habanero/pineapple sausage, a sage sausage, sweet heat chipotle sausage, a chili-lime sausage, and after 4 or 5 batches of trial and error, finally got a chicken sausage that tastes like Kentucky Fried Chicken. I dont put any MSG OR Sodium erythorbate in my sausage. Although, im gonna add some in my next batch and see if the difference is worth it.

I also like to cold smoke pork bellies for bacon. Have a few different flavors for that.
Impressive list. I am sure you will get lots of invites to a tailgate or two…. dozen.

Did you make the Auburn White Out game?

Kml

Impressive list. I am sure you will get lots of invites to a tailgate or two…. dozen.

Did you make the Auburn White Out game?
I did! It was a great trip. The game went how I expected. But, as an AU fan, you never book a trip expecting a win OR allowing the outcome of a game to diminish it. My wife and I had a blast in Pennsylvania. It was fun taking her to a part of the country she's never seen. We went out to Bird In Hand, PA and stayed out at the Hershey Resort for a week after the game. Met some really cool folks in the lot where we tailgated. I brought my 20x10 tent, hooked up with some Penn St neighbors on the right and left of us and we had a tent city party. I had 3 or 4 bottles of 10 year bourbon, my 500 watt Yamaha speakers, and they fed us, I got them hammered, and we partied til game time. I hope we get to stay a while when we travel to Wilkes-Barre and Scranton in a few months for her work.

So, what I think you’re trying to say, is that if you’re up here on April 13 we can count on you to bring some of that to the blue-white game tailgate! 😎

Reactions: The Spin Meister
So, what I think you’re trying to say, is that if you’re up here on April 13 we can count on you to bring some of that to the blue-white game tailgate! 😎
Oh shit. If we are up there then, Absolutely. We dont have the exact dates yet. But, I've never been to another team's spring game. In fact, I stopped going to Auburn's spring games years ago, other than to tailgate. In some ways, the tailgating is better because there's less traffic and commotion. It's just important to invite enough people to make the juice worth the squeeze.

If your smoker has a license plate on it that's next level!
LoL. Na. Alabama doesn't require one on grills or trailers unless they are a certain size. But, it does have alloy wheels, and all the signal, brake and night lamps to stay street legal.

Reactions: bison13

533WbhV.jpg

Hey Shorts,
Nice to hear from you. Question....
Are those #6 or #7 steel reinforcement bars?

My daughter & her family live in Dothan, AL.

I did! It was a great trip. The game went how I expected. But, as an AU fan, you never book a trip expecting a win OR allowing the outcome of a game to diminish it. My wife and I had a blast in Pennsylvania. It was fun taking her to a part of the country she's never seen. We went out to Bird In Hand, PA and stayed out at the Hershey Resort for a week after the game. Met some really cool folks in the lot where we tailgated. I brought my 20x10 tent, hooked up with some Penn St neighbors on the right and left of us and we had a tent city party. I had 3 or 4 bottles of 10 year bourbon, my 500 watt Yamaha speakers, and they fed us, I got them hammered, and we partied til game time. I hope we get to stay a while when we travel to Wilkes-Barre and Scranton in a few months for her work.
she work for a paper company? 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: SH0RTS
Hey Shorts,
Nice to hear from you. Question....
Are those #6 or #7 steel reinforcement bars?

My daughter & her family live in Dothan, AL.
Man, i dont have a clue. Got them at Home Depot, cut them to fit in the brackets i made and mounted in the smoker. I've got four levels with 3 rebar each for a total of 12 to hang sausage in. I can squeeze in about 200 sausages in that thing.

Been to Dothan many times over my life. Decent little town. I played jazz sax when i was young and our band did a little concert at the Peanut Festival back in 88.

Reactions: step.eng69
Man, i dont have a clue. Got them at Home Depot, cut them to fit in the brackets i made and mounted in the smoker. I've got four levels with 3 rebar each for a total of 12 to hang sausage in. I can squeeze in about 200 sausages in that thing.

Been to Dothan many times over my life. Decent little town. I played jazz sax when i was young and our band did a little concert at the Peanut Festival back in 88.
Measure the diameter in 1/8s of an inch. Number 8 bar is 1 inch in diameter.

My digging bars at home are No 11 bar that I sharpened with a cutting wheel and grinder. 5 foot long.

• Haha
Reactions: SH0RTS
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT