ADVERTISEMENT

If the O-L and Hack struggle against Buffalo should heads roll?

Are you talking about firing an asst. coach or two? If so, who do you replace them with? The off-season is the time of year that you could look to make hires from another team. However, something has to change with the offense. Maybe, try some I formation with a lead blocker. Get the back hitting the line of scrimmage with some momentum instead of the delay type runs we're using now. Opposing defenses are already playing 8 in the box against us and blitzing frequently. Put a little physicality in our running game and maybe, put them on their heels a little. Right now, the bar is pretty low and we need some improvement.

Reactions: BBrown
Are you talking about firing an asst. coach or two? If so, who do you replace them with? The off-season is the time of year that you could look to make hires from another team. However, something has to change with the offense. Maybe, try some I formation with a lead blocker. Get the back hitting the line of scrimmage with some momentum instead of the delay type runs we're using now. Opposing defenses are already playing 8 in the box against us and blitzing frequently. Put a little physicality in our running game and maybe, put them on their heels a little. Right now, the bar is pretty low and we need some improvement.

Which of the two pass rushers that get by the five offensive lineman should the running back block?

Reactions: Ten Thousan Marbles
Which of the two pass rushers that get by the five offensive lineman should the running back block?

I think most of us would settle if he could just block either 1. ;)

Do we call them pass rushers on a running play? I'd say the fullback should block the one in the hole. Maybe I'm old school, but the line needs to learn to fire out, stay low and drive block with the back coming with a head of steam and a lead blocker in front of him. Sometimes, those blitzing backers won't be where the play's going and you can pop a big one. When and if you establish the run, you can run play-action off it. Remember, the bar is set very low, right now.

Yes or No?

Seriously? Where are some of these "New" "PSU" fans coming from? You know the ones that joined yesterday or have 3 posts in 8 years? All complaining about the O-line and Franklin?
Ok I'm going to pretend that you really are a fan and that its a legitimate question.
How do you think that would work? Whose head rolls? Hand? Donovan? Franklin?.
Ok say its Hand. Who replaces him? Everyone has a job right now unless McWhorter is planning on coming out of retirement.
Not only that but then what if that guy wants to go to zone blocking scheme or change things up? You think all the lineman that have been learning and struggling with this system for 1.25 years is going to grasp a new one in the week before the RU game?
So on to Donovan. Again unless your getting someone thats retired or out of a job (which I'm guessing they aren't working for a reason) is tied up right now. So you do find the next OC. Again new system in a week. I guess Franklin could do it but...
And finally Franklin are you going to fire him? Who are you promoting? Shoop? Pry? Haslett?
C'mon think about things rationally...that is unless of course you aren't really a fan and just here to troll.

Reactions: royboy and BlueBand
Absolutely. Not only the coaches should be fired, everyone on this board should be fired as well. Mass layoffs.

Seriously? Where are some of these "New" "PSU" fans coming from? You know the ones that joined yesterday or have 3 posts in 8 years? All complaining about the O-line and Franklin?
Ok I'm going to pretend that you really are a fan and that its a legitimate question.
How do you think that would work? Whose head rolls? Hand? Donovan? Franklin?.
Ok say its Hand. Who replaces him? Everyone has a job right now unless McWhorter is planning on coming out of retirement.
Not only that but then what if that guy wants to go to zone blocking scheme or change things up? You think all the lineman that have been learning and struggling with this system for 1.25 years is going to grasp a new one in the week before the RU game?
So on to Donovan. Again unless your getting someone thats retired or out of a job (which I'm guessing they aren't working for a reason) is tied up right now. So you do find the next OC. Again new system in a week. I guess Franklin could do it but...
And finally Franklin are you going to fire him? Who are you promoting? Shoop? Pry? Haslett?
C'mon think about things rationally...that is unless of course you aren't really a fan and just here to troll.

LOL

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT