ADVERTISEMENT

If Sparty wins NC, is Pitt looking for a head coach, again?

john4psu

Sep 7, 2003
If Michigan State wins the national championship, does Dantonio retire on top having accomplished everything and get out while his heart is not acting up thereby having Narduzzi be a leading candidate for the Michigan State job?

He was interested in Rutgers of all places he'd surely be interested in Michigan State.

If Michigan State wins the national championship, does Dantonio retire on top having accomplished everything and get out while his heart is not acting up thereby having Narduzzi be a leading candidate for the Michigan State job?

He was interested in Rutgers of all places he'd surely be interested in Michigan State.
I'll admit the thought of this crossed my mind as well.

Good. It was time for a fresh thread on this topic. The other one on this page is showing a few days of age, and does not address your specific question.

Yes.

How's MSU going to win the MNC? Pitt's a lock to win a record 200th consecutive EMNC ("Extremely Mythical National Championship") regardless of how MSU does in that invitational tournament they're participating in.

Last edited:
Reactions: Zenophile
W

Why would Mich St want Narduzzi? They are a top program now and can lure a very good coach. His first year at Pitt was unimpressive regardless of what their delusional fans say!

It would be tough to lure him away from a place with such a storied tradition, the huge fan support, the 157 national championships and just missing another one this year.

Reactions: m48tank

He wasn't interested in Rutgers.

Reactions: rojo36
There will be other B1G openings over the next 5 years he would probably be interested in. He isnt recruiting at a high level either. Maybe in a few years.

Dantonio will stay at MSU until he can retire with a pension..... 10 years, I believe, but he will wait until he's 62. That is, again I believe, three football seasons away????? At that point, he's going to retire & Narduzzi is going to Michigan State. This was in the works when Doozie took the Pitt job. Nothing has changed.

Has not been "debunked", quite the opposite - multiple media outlets have stated sources at Rutgers stating that Narduzzi was contacted and expressed interest, but not at the "price" Rutgers was currently offering via their new AD, Pat Hobbs. Here is but one example - Click this link.

Here's another - This is a quote from the article:

Hobbs said he interviewed six candidates by phone. He declined to name any, though Gannett New Jersey has confirmed that mutual interest existed between Rutgers and former Miami coach Al Golden, a Colts Neck native, as well as Pittsburgh coach Pat Narduzzi.

Dantonio will stay at MSU until he can retire with a pension..... 10 years, I believe, but he will wait until he's 62. That is, again I believe, three football seasons away????? At that point, he's going to retire & Narduzzi is going to Michigan State. This was in the works when Doozie took the Pitt job. Nothing has changed.

Why would someone who is paid millions plural of dollars a year worry about a pension?

D'Antonio is going to have a rough time in the next three years: Harbaugh is now signing the Flint area and Detroit area kids that Mark was scooping up while the chaos was going on in Ann Arbor. MSU prospered directly due to Michigans failure, but that's over now. Michigan State will steadliy decline, until Michigan's kids tire of Harbaugh's act. The question is, will D'Antonio still be there in 4 years when Sparty is going 6-6 and playing in the Yankee bowl?

D'Antonio is going to have a rough time in the next three years: Harbaugh is now signing the Flint area and Detroit area kids that Mark was scooping up while the chaos was going on in Ann Arbor. MSU prospered directly due to Michigans failure, but that's over now. Michigan State will steadliy decline, until Michigan's kids tire of Harbaugh's act. The question is, will D'Antonio still be there in 4 years when Sparty is going 6-6 and playing in the Yankee bowl?

With the recent strong success at MSU, D'Antonio is now able to recruit more nationally.

It's why he thinks he has a shot to steal Miles Sanders out of the area.

Success breeds recruiting which breeds success. TCU now gets big time recruits out of Texas, instead of just grabbing the leftovers from UT and TA&M.

Stanford couldn't recruit for shit until Harbaugh got there.... then they started winning, then the recruiting got better, and they're winning some more.

MSU is going to be finishing in the Top 3 of the B1G East for many years to come... and most years will be 10-2 or better. As long as D'Antonio is there.

The pipeline is expanding, and the recruiting classes are getting higher ranked.

With the recent strong success at MSU, D'Antonio is now able to recruit more nationally.

It's why he thinks he has a shot to steal Miles Sanders out of the area.

Success breeds recruiting which breeds success. TCU now gets big time recruits out of Texas, instead of just grabbing the leftovers from UT and TA&M.

Stanford couldn't recruit for shit until Harbaugh got there.... then they started winning, then the recruiting got better, and they're winning some more.

MSU is going to be finishing in the Top 3 of the B1G East for many years to come... and most years will be 10-2 or better. As long as D'Antonio is there.

The pipeline is expanding, and the recruiting classes are getting higher ranked.
Go home Troll. Hope Navy stomps all over you. Good luck finding someone to throw to next year.

Go home Troll. Hope Navy stomps all over you. Good luck finding someone to throw to next year.

I'm not pretending to be anything other than a Pitt fan. I would expect you all to root for Navy. I haven't been nasty or vulgar in any of my posts on this site, and I've addressed you all politely. If you want to ban me, there's nothing I can do about it.

As for Pitt finding someone to throw to next year.... you're right, Boyd will be very hard to replace. He's a dynamic receiver who will be picked no later than the 2nd round this coming spring. Pitt has some promising WR recruits, but until they play, we have no idea how good they'll be. But the QB and most of the OLine is back.... the RBs are back, including potentially James Connor... so the offense should still be ok. But no doubt about it, replacing Boyd isn't something that's going to be easy. But Pitt's defense will be much better, so it might be a wash.

You'd be surprised to find out I have a daughter at PSU - University Park right now - in the Environmental Resource Management program. I also have another daughter at Pitt. The one at PSU is artistically/musically inclined and can't stand sports. She went there because the ERM program is outstanding. I root against the football team, but I recognize the quality of the school itself.

I can't wait for 9/10/16.... I expect it to be a fun game. I suspect Pitt will be a very small favorite... 2-to-4 points, but who knows this far out.

Good luck against Georgia, though I'm sure you know I won't be rooting for you guys.

I'm not pretending to be anything other than a Pitt fan. I would expect you all to root for Navy. I haven't been nasty or vulgar in any of my posts on this site, and I've addressed you all politely. If you want to ban me, there's nothing I can do about it.

As for Pitt finding someone to throw to next year.... you're right, Boyd will be very hard to replace. He's a dynamic receiver who will be picked no later than the 2nd round this coming spring. Pitt has some promising WR recruits, but until they play, we have no idea how good they'll be. But the QB and most of the OLine is back.... the RBs are back, including potentially James Connor... so the offense should still be ok. But no doubt about it, replacing Boyd isn't something that's going to be easy. But Pitt's defense will be much better, so it might be a wash.

You'd be surprised to find out I have a daughter at PSU - University Park right now - in the Environmental Resource Management program. I also have another daughter at Pitt. The one at PSU is artistically/musically inclined and can't stand sports. She went there because the ERM program is outstanding. I root against the football team, but I recognize the quality of the school itself.

I can't wait for 9/10/16.... I expect it to be a fun game. I suspect Pitt will be a very small favorite... 2-to-4 points, but who knows this far out.

Good luck against Georgia, though I'm sure you know I won't be rooting for you guys.
Is it for sure Conner will be back? I read in another post that he has cancer. If that is not true good for him and the Pitt Program. I root against Pitt, but not their kids!!

Is it for sure Conner will be back? I read in another post that he has cancer. If that is not true good for him and the Pitt Program. I root against Pitt, but not their kids!!
Conner was diagnosed with Hodgkin's Lymphoma right around Thanksgiving, and to my knowledge is undergoing treatment now. From what I've seen, he's said he expects to play next season, and his prognosis is very good. Eric Berry for the KC Chiefs had the same cancer and returned to the field in less than a year, so I think that's the target. Our game is early in the year, so I'd say right now it's doubtful that he'll be able to play against us - but stranger things have happened. He seems like a heck of a fighter, and as a PA kid I don't doubt that he'll be gunning to be able to play in that game.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT