ADVERTISEMENT

If Mangiro can go, move him to guard this weekend.

21Guns

Dec 10, 2013
Bellefonte
Laurent looked great yesterday and has played center, as I have been saying, better than Mangiro. If we move him to guard, he's an upgrade over Gaia, or Dowrey, right away. We can even move him to tackle with Nelson over to left tackle this weekend. What I am trying to avoid, is Paris Palmer attempting to block Bosa.

Laurent looked great yesterday and has played center, as I have been saying, better than Mangiro. If we move him to guard, he's an upgrade over Gaia, or Dowrey, right away. We can even move him to tackle with Nelson over to left tackle this weekend. What I am trying to avoid, is Paris Palmer attempting to block Bosa.

They will line Bosa up at every spot....strong, weak, field, boundary, inside, outside......wherever they feel we have an obvious advantage depending upon the situation, that's where you'll find him

Not even sure if Palmer will slow down Bosa. If Palmer plays, I'm worried for Hack.

I agree Laurent has earned a spot somehow. Dont know how to make it mesh exactly but he belongs in the top 5.

Hearing that we are indeed moving mangiro to guard, replacing Dowrey. Don't think we move Nelson to LT though...Ohio State is moving Bosa over to DT now from what I hear.

I hope we can decoy PP, maybe on the pine. Sorry to say that, really, but Wk1 was revisited this Saturday. The guy just does not engage, let alone attack the defender. I say this just to be proven wrong...he'll never get a pancake. If Bosa is lined up opposite him it would be good for PP to be an eligible receiver because he'll be wide open.

He has 1.5 sacks this year.

Yep.....with a tackle and TE protecting and RB chipping and will still be in the backfield on every passing down and dominate the action up front. He's still had dozens of hurries and pressures and allowed everybody else to feast on the leftovers. The guy on the other side has more than twice as many sacks as Bosa.....because of Bosa. He will occupy extra Hack protectors and limit your route combinations......on every possession. He's likely to line up at every spot up front to find the most advantageous matchup depending on the situation

Yep.....with a tackle and TE protecting and RB chipping and will still be in the backfield on every passing down and dominate the action up front. He's still had dozens of hurries and pressures and allowed everybody else to feast on the leftovers. The guy on the other side has more than twice as many sacks as Bosa.....because of Bosa. He will occupy extra Hack protectors and limit your route combinations......on every possession. He's likely to line up at every spot up front to find the most advantageous matchup depending on the situation

So how will Nassib and his NCAA leading 10 sacks do against OSU, Nostradamus?

Yeah, no. 1.5 is not good unless he's injured.

He'll need to have a significantly better second half of the year if he wants to go top 10. All the best guys see double teams or get chipped. Just scheming alone should get him a sack a game........if he's top 10 that is.

Reactions: Judge Smails
So how will Nassib and his NCAA leading 10 sacks do against OSU, Nostradamus?

Not Nostradamus Judge, just giving you my opinion.....the kid is a great player and he's gonna be a frequent visitor in your backfield Saturday. Sacks are down this year, but hurries and pressures are up...he's playing great and is a force at the line of scrimmage.

Your kid is playing outstanding.....might give him a an opportunity at the next level. Clearly, if # of sacks is the true, sole indicator of Dline play, obviously young Nassim gets drafted well ahead of Bosa. I guess we'll see.....

Not Nostradamus Judge, just giving you my opinion.....the kid is a great player and he's gonna be a frequent visitor in your backfield Saturday. Sacks are down this year, but hurries and pressures are up...he's playing great and is a force at the line of scrimmage.

Your kid is playing outstanding.....might give him a an opportunity at the next level. Clearly, if # of sacks is the true, sole indicator of Dline play, obviously young Nassim gets drafted well ahead of Bosa. I guess we'll see.....

I thought you were going to write another story about all the havoc that Nassib will cause in the backfield with the backs chipping and the TE protecting and limiting route combinations etc. That's it?

I thought you were going to write another story about all the havoc that Nassib will cause in the backfield with the backs chipping and the TE protecting and limiting route combinations etc. That's it?

Of course not, he's your kid, I'll leave that honor to you....I would expect them both to be disruptive.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT