ADVERTISEMENT

I'd like to meet some of the posters if your at Arts Festival this weekend. How is the ? Let me know

Mr. Potter

Dec 27, 2004
how to go about it if anyone is interested. I might be presumptuous thinking anyone would like to meet me, but I'm game let me know I'll be with my daughter who is 14

If you drive down south atherton my art gallery and frame shop is in the hills plaza south near weis market and ace hardware. Feel free to stop and say hi. I, John, will be there all day Friday and Saturday. Enjoy both festivals and your visit to state college.

I'll be there with some of my college friends, but can't predict where I will be this weekend and at what time. Been coming to the Arts Festival with my friends since 1981 and have only missed three over that period of time. First for my wedding, second when my oldest daughter was born and third (last year) when my oldest daughter got married. Of course my friends missed last year as well because they were at the wedding.

You can usually find me at the "tree" on old main lawn (the large oak tree to the right of the stage). So if you see a group of 50 some year olds on chairs near the tree and you will likely find me (or maybe at the Skeller, Zenos, or another bar around Allen Street). If you hear someone being called Big O or just plain "O" you'll know I'm somewhere in that crowd.

Last edited:
If you drive down south atherton my art gallery and frame shop is in the hills plaza south near weis market and ace hardware. Feel free to stop and say hi. I, John, will be there all day Friday and Saturday. Enjoy both festivals and your visit to state college.
will do. Thanks

I'm heading up there tomorrow, but have a pretty full itinerary as one of my fraternity brothers has organized a reunion this weekend. We should have over 50 people (with spouses) coming. Looking forward to seeing my 3 room mates, one of whom is coming in from Iowa..... Enjoy the weekend! Rumor has it the the bars all have lines to get in on Arts Fest. weekend..... We are too old to wait TOO long....

Last edited:
Well, I'm sitting on our balcony over Allen St looking at the vendor tents right now. This is our second home and we always spend the week of Art Fest in SC. Good crowds today.

I'm in front of the shell right now.... Trying to figure where the next band plays.

Well you're not missing anything right now. It's been raining like crazy for the last couple of hours. Little rivers running down each side of Allen.

Arts Festival was always good for one kick ass storm.
I've missed the last 3 but was a regular for about 23 years.
The last few I was at I started to see too much of the same thing and it was incredibly over priced.
I liked the Boalsburg site better.
But it was always fun to be there.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT