ADVERTISEMENT

I'd assumed most advances in medicine/science evolved incrementally, however,

emertmakeshiteup

Feb 27, 2019
my opinion was not very accurate. I am reminded, as a neighbor has just shared with my wife that she has Factor V Leiden mutation. Firstly, Factor V Leiden, a clotting disorder, was not discovered until 1994. For centuries, a lot of birthing mothers had miscarriages or threw fatal clots, as the clots migrated to heart, lung, brain or really any organ. Having been wounded in Nam, the same could have easily happened to me as I have the mutation (as does my wife and children). Anyone in an auto accident e.g. could suffer the same fate. Secondly, again Nam being the back drop. We verified our location by triangulation, taking compass readings on two starburst rounds from artillery that exploded over established points on the topo map. That would have been how it was done in previous wars and nothing in between until the advent of GPS. Understandable how friendly fire from artillery or air support happens, although with air support, also have smoke grenades from ground troops as a safety factor. I would assume some drugs explode on the seen and not really developed incrementally either.

my opinion was not very accurate. I am reminded, as a neighbor has just shared with my wife that she has Factor V Leiden mutation. Firstly, Factor V Leiden, a clotting disorder, was not discovered until 1994. For centuries, a lot of birthing mothers had miscarriages or threw fatal clots, as the clots migrated to heart, lung, brain or really any organ. Having been wounded in Nam, the same could have easily happened to me as I have the mutation (as does my wife and children). Anyone in an auto accident e.g. could suffer the same fate. Secondly, again Nam being the back drop. We verified our location by triangulation, taking compass readings on two starburst rounds from artillery that exploded over established points on the topo map. That would have been how it was done in previous wars and nothing in between until the advent of GPS. Understandable how friendly fire from artillery or air support happens, although with air support, also have smoke grenades from ground troops as a safety factor. I would assume some drugs explode on the seen and not really developed incrementally either.
---
Most thing happen in fits and starts. Evolution, science, technology.

Medicine; the discovery of penicillin changed everything. Soon many other antibiotics were discovered and the world changed.

Science; Faraday discovered how to make electricity....boom!

Evolution was thought to be incremental but better research has shown large jumps in species development in short time periods.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT