I saw The Big Short today.

NJPSU

May 29, 2001
People could learn a lot from the movie but it requires paying attention and common sense.
Republicans should avoid it.

It's on my list, I heard it was good.

Republican's have stocked up on Vaseline eagerly awaiting the release(no pun intended) of their BENGHAZI!!! movie.

TN Lion

Sep 6, 2001
What were you drinking when you were there?

Probably not, gotta stay awake for three or four entire movies as Osprey buys the senior discount early matinee and then stays there all day moving from one flick to the next without paying.

Osprey Lion

Dec 16, 2011
Osprey, Florida

Republican's have stocked up on Vaseline eagerly awaiting the release(no pun intended) of their BENGHAZI!!! movie.

It was quite good and showed how laughable are the twit's claims of the housing market collapse being the poor's fault I also
feel that the dolt's will be very disappointed when Hillary isn't vilified in the Benghazi flick.

psuted

Gold Member
Nov 26, 2010

I can't wait to see what actually happened.

Perhaps Hillary will be in jail by that time and at least that may console the families of the victims for the lies she told.

NJPSU

May 29, 2001
I can't wait to see what actually happened.

Perhaps Hillary will be in jail by that time and at least that may console the families of the victims for the lies she told.

^^^Haha...the same guy who was just criticizing Obama for politicizing a tragedy. You have no self awareness. :)

m.knox

Gold Member
Aug 20, 2003
It was quite good and showed how laughable are the twit's claims of the housing market collapse being the poor's fault I also
feel that the dolt's will be very disappointed when Hillary isn't vilified in the Benghazi flick.

It's not the poor's fault. That's stupid.

The failure was due to the government policy of buying up mortgages from private banks so they could lend more. I do honestly believe you are somewhat intelligent. Clearly you know that if the government did not buy up these mortgages, lending would not have been so brisk and housing prices would not have risen so dramatically? This is common sense 101, and probably why you don't get it.

psuted

Gold Member
Nov 26, 2010
^^^Haha...the same guy who was just criticizing Obama for politicizing a tragedy. You have no self awareness. :)

NJ, YOUR FUNNY.

I'm just practicing to be a dishonest and lying liberal Democrat.

Besides, It's not what I did or didn't do that questionable here and I didn't bring up Benghazi in the first place, you did. It's also public knowledge that what Hillary did concerning Benghazi was lying to the families. That's fact, and I heard her on the news the same day she said it.

Lying under those circumstances goes directly to her character and is based on her own actions and not mine. I'm merely pointing out a truth I'm not pushing any public agenda. If you don't want people to comment on Benghazi, then don't mention it.

Reactions: m.knox

Thus Spake Mainer

Oct 23, 2007
Probably not, gotta stay awake for three or four entire movies as Osprey buys the senior discount early matinee and then stays there all day moving from one flick to the next without paying.
I'm sure he drove to the movie at twenty mph with the turn signal on the whole way.

Osprey Lion

Dec 16, 2011
Osprey, Florida
It's not the poor's fault. That's stupid.

The failure was due to the government policy of buying up mortgages from private banks so they could lend more. I do honestly believe you are somewhat intelligent. Clearly you know that if the government did not buy up these mortgages, lending would not have been so brisk and housing prices would not have risen so dramatically? This is common sense 101, and probably why you don't get it.

Go see the movie and learn.

bdgan

May 29, 2008

Why don't you tell us what caused the mortgage crisis?
Possible answers:
  1. Fed easy money policy
  2. GSE's buying and guaranteeing loans to marginally credit worthy people, thus encouraging banks to lend without much risk.
  3. Clinton signing Community Reinvestment Act of 1999?
  4. Failures by the credit agencies wrt MBS
  5. Congress mocking Bush for wanting more oversight of GSEs
  6. Barney Frank & Chris (Countrywide) Dodd
  7. It was all Bush's fault, damn it!

m.knox

Gold Member
Aug 20, 2003

So are you suggesting that one should learn from a fiction movie written and directed by Hollywood liberals trying to control the narrative? That is laughable.

Here is what is not. Individuals who knew what the government created by purchasing mortgages from private banks, and taking advantage of it. Hell, I've even taken advantage of the ACA by purchasing WLP and making money on it.

So for the record, deny that this wasn't the main problem? If there is nothing to short, Wall Street couldn't have shorted it.

You clowns will never stop. Logic and reason fail you.

I will throw you a bone though. Mortgage lenders shouldn't have gotten so fast and loose in the ENVIRONMENT THE GOVERNMENT CREATED.

m.knox

Gold Member
Aug 20, 2003
People could learn a lot from the movie but it requires paying attention and common sense.
Republicans should avoid it.

Next up? Osprey will try to convince us that Michael Moore is objective.......

Latest posts