ADVERTISEMENT

I have seen LGBT references

I'll go with that. How is Queer different from LGBT? In my day in age Q covered all deviant sexual practices. But, I guess I am behind the times.
You said it, way behind the times. Still call all Asians "Orientals", too?
There's nothing "deviant" about sexual preference. Except Jerry's predilection, of course, and that AINT covered by Q.

I had asked this question myself recently when seeing it and was told it's not Queer. It is in fact questioning. When I delved into trying to understand what that was since I never heard of it I got even more confused. I think it's basically if you don't know what you are. I somewhat found it interesting how it started out as LG but continuously gets added to.

Reactions: psualt
I'll go with that. How is Queer different from LGBT? In my day in age Q covered all deviant sexual practices. But, I guess I am behind the times.
Queer means odd. It's a good word that's been lost. Add awesome, epic and icon to the lost words list. Those three no longer have value.

Reactions: step.eng69
I had asked this question myself recently when seeing it and was told it's not Queer. It is in fact questioning. When I delved into trying to understand what that was since I never heard of it I got even more confused. I think it's basically if you don't know what you are. I somewhat found it interesting how it started out as LG but continuously gets added to.

It certainly is not questioning "as a fact." It's been queer forever (and still is) but is genderqueer or questioning also. Queer is still fine, according to the lgbtqia community. Now people are going to wonder what the A and the I are.

Spoiler: asexual and intersexual

It certainly is not questioning "as a fact." It's been queer forever (and still is) but is genderqueer or questioning also. Queer is still fine, according to the lgbtqia community. Now people are going to wonder what the A and the I are.

This is what happens when you stray from the missonary position. Gets very confusing.

"Intersexual?" Is that a trans who is on hormones but is pre-op? A hermaphrodite?

now I see LGBTQ, what the hell is Q?

Not what. Who.

You obviously never watched Star Trek

latest

Did anyone else play "smear the queer" in school during recess? It generally involved playing tackle football in the snow.

At the time, "Queer" had the connotation of referring to an effeminate male.

Did anyone else play "smear the queer" in school during recess? It generally involved playing tackle football in the snow.

At the time, "Queer" had the connotation of referring to an effeminate male.
That was our name for "kill the guy with the ball" snow or no snow. You ran with the ball against everyone until tackled, threw the ball in the air, guy who caught it took off to evade tacklers, and so on

Basically, but no real rules.

Rugby is the closest sport there is to the game Smear The Queer, but the game wasn't a sport. There were no points scored, no teams, etc. Basically, it's one person with the ball against the rest of the crowd, and he's it until tackled, and he throws the ball out or drops it to the ground. Then, whoever catches or picks up the ball is it, and cycle repeats itself until someone got hurt, everyone was worn out, or whatever.

Like Chickenman, my friends and I played it year round. If anything, we played it less in the snow than in any other conditions, as there were too many fun things to do in the snow that couldn't be done the rest of the year.

Rugby is the closest sport there is to the game Smear The Queer, but the game wasn't a sport. There were no points scored, no teams, etc. Basically, it's one person with the ball against the rest of the crowd, and he's it until tackled, and he throws the ball out or drops it to the ground. Then, whoever catches or picks up the ball is it, and cycle repeats itself until someone got hurt, everyone was worn out, or whatever.

Like Chickenman, my friends and I played it year round. If anything, we played it less in the snow than in any other conditions, as there were too many fun things to do in the snow that couldn't be done the rest of the year.
We called it Kill the Man.

I read where a dating site listed 54 different options. That's almost two alphabets.

We used to call it Fumble-itis.

you feeling lazy? click here

This is all beginning to get a little bit out of control. Pretty soon every last person in the US will have their own personal label. Hell, who needs a name? Let's just have whoever is in charge of all this PC nonsense figure out what each person's personal label is and just have our proper label tattooed on our forearm. Maybe it should be in barcode form.

Don't overlook straight-acting. Look it up. The bluster I see from some on this page and on the test board suggests to me that we have more than our fair share of straight-actors posting here.

It seems to me that this variety is often the most dangerous. Straight actors are often self-loathing and violent. Some, though, are just afraid of being "found out." I have known a few. The variety that talked in blustering terms of hate toward others.

Even a highly tuned gaydar can miss a straight-actor.

Reactions: Nitt1300
You said it, way behind the times. Still call all Asians "Orientals", too?
There's nothing "deviant" about sexual preference. Except Jerry's predilection, of course, and that AINT covered by Q.

Actually, deviant has nothing to do with right or wrong. Most people incorrectly assume that it does. Deviant just means anything that is different from normal social standards. Roughly from the Latin for veering off the road.

I was at an LBGTQ professional development a couple of summers ago. I was learning quite a bit and going with the program. Then a guy from the panel stated that he is not L,B,G,T, or Q. He was in fact pan-gender and poly-sexual, meaning that his gender and sexuality is malleable depending upon how the individual was feeling at that point in time. It was quite educational and a bit confusing all at the same time.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT