ADVERTISEMENT

I don't understand Dr Pepper 'State Stinks' commercial.

I get that. But I wouldn't dress my kid in Tech clothes. That's just going to piss the old man off even more. ;)

Think of team colors as genetic. Like a blonde baby in a family full of brunettes. Can’t change baby’s hair color

I get that. But I wouldn't dress my kid in Tech clothes. That's just going to piss the old man off even more. ;)
I agree. The commercial would be better to have the tot dressed in State colors. After he says “State stinks” they should pan to a less dorky Tech fan who shouts something provocative to the wife. To which the dorky husband asks “who’s that?”

I admit I don't get the commercial either. Is Dr. Pepper making light of the fact a woman may have been screwing around on her husband? Yeah, hilarious!! I assumed the kid decided to cheer for Tech on his own, just like other families having divided loyalties. But for that to be true the kid would have had to bought his own clothes and dressed himself. It just a weird commercial.

Reactions: hlstone
I admit I don't get the commercial either. Is Dr. Pepper making light of the fact a woman may have been screwing around on her husband? Yeah, hilarious!! I assumed the kid decided to cheer for Tech on his own, just like other families having divided loyalties. But for that to be true the kid would have had to bought his own clothes and dressed himself. It just a weird commercial.

The baby was born wearing tech gear. This one is a follow up commercial. Not sure why everyone’s thinking so hard about this.

https://adage.com/creativity/work/blindsided/55235

Reactions: Ranger Dan
They never said it was an affair... maybe it’s because she’s not truly a state fan at heart? It’s a commercial about soda pop using passion for college football as a tie in. Don’t make it out to be a statement on society today.

Thanks. So Dr. Pepper is basing the commercials on the premise that a woman cheated on her husband. "Have an ice Dr. Pepper!! The preferred drink of promiscuous wives everywhere!!!"

It’s a soda commercial. don’t take life so seriously, you’ll never get out alive.

They never said it was an affair... maybe it’s because she’s not truly a state fan at heart? It’s a commercial about soda pop using passion for college football as a tie in. Don’t make it out to be a statement on society today.

Apologies if it seemed my post was directed at you. It wasn't. It's just that the whole concept of the commercials is weird to me. Regardless of what it really means, there's still the implication the gal is getting some strange.

Lack of talent in the advertising world, only rivaled by the lack of sports announcers with talent.

Lack of sports announcers with talent is directly correlated to the proliferation of announcers from Ohio State.

My god they are annoyingly all over the TV. Can they do nothing else but flap their gums?

Apologies if it seemed my post was directed at you. It wasn't. It's just that the whole concept of the commercials is weird to me. Regardless of what it really means, there's still the implication the gal is getting some strange.
No apologies necessary. I was just trying to interject a little “lighten up Francis”... feel free to be outraged.

I just noticed that both parents have blue eyes, but the illegitimate son has brown eyes.

I’m a huge Tech fan.
Let me assure you that “mom” may be wearing State gear, but she’s mighty - let’s say “friendly” - with a bunch of us Tech fans. She gets a little wild after a couple Dr. Peppers.
I can promise you that candya$$ State guy ain’t the kid’s daddy....and the kid knows it, too.
Go Tech Go.

So the kid's mom is a whore, but she's hot. Is that the consensus here?
The actress that plays the mom is Lily Piper Faye

MV5BNDcxZDM2NjMtZmVlZS00ZGI5LWFiNjAtYWVlN2Q2OWE4ODBlXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNDM2NDc2OTI@._V1_UX214_CR0,0,214,317_AL_.jpg

Dr. Pepper/Snapple is based in Birmingham. I find it hard to believe that they would promote promiscuity and infidelity on purpose. Not that they wrote the script, but they had to sign off on it.

So the kid's mom is a whore, but she's hot. Is that the consensus here?

Let me ‘splain this.....

“She’s not a whore. She was confused in her commitment status with her husband and brought a beautiful baby into this world after a brief but loving relationship with a Tech fan. She and her husband will raise the child together as they continue to work on their relationship.”

Let me ‘splain this.....

“She’s not a whore. She was confused in her commitment status with her husband and brought a beautiful baby into this world after a brief but loving relationship with a Tech fan. She and her husband will raise the child together as they continue to work on their relationship.”

^^^ This! ^^^

Dr. Pepper/Snapple is based in Birmingham. I find it hard to believe that they would promote promiscuity and infidelity on purpose. Not that they wrote the script, but they had to sign off on it.

Yeah, it's those damn Red State people again. A bunch of inbreds they are. :rolleyes:

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT