ADVERTISEMENT

I don’t think Penn State will ever be at ohio state’s level

Too big to fail?

In Tosu's case, definitely. They are a scandal machine, sometimes having more than one blockbuster running at a time. Still no one cares.

Some would say that about us ("too big to fail"), but they also would be the ones who don't really understand the facts of the sandusky matter.

Little surprised the ohowihate lurkers aren’t here yet. It’s been 9 minutes since OP!

OL

They're more concerned about justin fields, who as I understand it, gives them plenty of reason for concern. Regardless, it's always football first with Tosu. That's part of the reason why they keep having scandals. Their priorities are all out of whack.

Please take this opportunity to remember that Penn State has a culture problem.

Last edited:
What we didn't know is that instead of being what we thought we were--respected as a program/school for doing things the right way--we were actually despised due to jealousy by the schools that weren't. When given the opportunity to pounce, they did.

OSU, on the other hand, is forgiven its sins because everybody else realizes that they, too, are sinners.

We were the fools here.

...in scandals. strauss, epstein, diving, tressel, and many more. Tosu is ELITE. :eek: . What makes Tosu truly ELITE. :eek: is that they have horrific scandal after horrific scandal and no one cares.

I hate us. :(

After I would hear about something insanely crazy, the question would pop into my head: What if they're the same ones?

Reactions: anon_1eeb2b426hv3y
What we didn't know is that instead of being what we thought we were--respected as a program/school for doing things the right way--we were actually despised due to jealousy by the schools that weren't. When given the opportunity to pounce, they did.

OSU, on the other hand, is forgiven its sins because everybody else realizes that they, too, are sinners.

We were the fools here.
Lurker, this is 100 percent spot on. I was going to post something very similar before I read this. Baylor covers up athletes raping women ... pfffttt, they covered up the murder of one basketball player by another. Ohio State had an employee sexually abuse 177 male athletes, mehhh, their players received over $14,000 in cash and tattoos and self reported 22 NCAA violations. Penn State has a former employee accused of abusing a boy in a shower ... stop the presses, Joe Pa had to know, they should get the death penalty.

THEY HATE US CAUSE THEY AIN'T US!!

Last edited:
The nationwide jealousy and our repeated chest beating about purity were a perfect storm. While our opponents envy was a major factor, adding in all the Syracuse grads at the evil network and broadcasting at large, PSU's continued expressions of it's pristing image fueled the hate.

Others have said, they hate us cause they ain't us, which is very true. The "we are" the inviolate and pure added to the firestorm when the opportunity presented itself. The evil network 24/7 coverage was ginned up. The rest is fake history compiled by fake news. How do we get our reputation back? No one ever does no matter the facts. The treatment of our big 10 brethren, two with massive, in house sexual abuse convictions, the press, yawn. Where is the outrage, what didn't fuel it? The image of corruption was normalized there while it was marginalized at PSU. Gotta make em pay for being decent, good, out of the norm we expect as the media.

Does anyone here trust the alleged MSM news now? If so I do not understand given the PSU experience as the prime example. Once burned, twice shy.

Penn State is WAY above tOSU’s level!

State College is 1,154 feet above sea level, Columbus is only 902 feet above sea level.

See?

You just elevated Penn State's scandal to old heights. (Assuming the elevation of State College is nothing new.)

...in scandals. strauss, epstein, diving, tressel, and many more. Tosu is ELITE. :eek: . What makes Tosu truly ELITE. :eek: is that they have horrific scandal after horrific scandal and no one cares.

I hate us. :(

"Splain something to me. Lucy. The money that Epstein contributed to OSU was done before it was known that he was a scumbag, and the vast majority of it was done anonymously. So how is the University culpable here?

"Splain something to me. Lucy. The money that Epstein contributed to OSU was done before it was known that he was a scumbag, and the vast majority of it was done anonymously. So how is the University culpable here?

No facts, please. I’m rolling. Besides, we all know facts are irrelevant.

:confused:

Reactions: colt21
And we don’t want to be. The school is a joke. Degree is meaningless.
Oh come on...

We’re penn staters and fans. That’s great for us.

They play the game being played and do it well. Let’s keep things in perspective.

Does anyone here trust the alleged MSM news now? If so I do not understand given the PSU experience as the prime example. Once burned, twice shy.
The only good that came from the 2011 scandal is how much it opened my eyes to just how much the media can control what you think. At the risk of getting political, I asked my wife what she thought of the demonstrators outside Mitch McConnell's house and she thought it was great. I asked what she thought of the death threats involved and she replied that she didn't hear or know of any. I said it was because she watches CNN and if she watched Fox News she would know all about it. Scary that the choice of your news source dictates what and how you feel about topics.

Here's where this thread, like every other, begins to veer towards the black hole of politics.

Doesn't need to if both sides just realize they BOTH suck !! Put any three letters in front of the news station and it is just plain garbage - just from a different point of view.

So as long as everyone admits both sides suck and doesn't try to make one side (the other side) suck more than their side, we will be fine.

How's that?!

Here's where this thread, like every other, begins to veer towards the black hole of politics.
Sorry, but it was the most recent example I had. I could have given the example of Sally Kohn saying "White men account for 69 percent of those arrested for violent crimes" when it is actually closer to 42 percent, but again was not trying to make this political. Or maybe the Rolling Stone article about the gang rape at UVA that never happened or Richard Jewell. Just pointing out how the "media" always seems to have an agenda and will slant rhetoric and/or statistics to manipulate the viewers into believing what they want you to.

Reactions: nits74
The equivalent of a community college degree. Ahia state is a punchline. Joe hated them with a passion because they cheat
That may be a bit of a stretch on both counts. I think they may now rank higher academically in most ratings than PSU, for what that's worth. And from where did you hear that Joe hated them? I do remember Jay saying that many of the OSU staff said to tell Joe that they missed him when we went out to play them after he was fired. Jay relayed this to Joe and he responded that he missed them as well.

We were the fools here.
That might be the best thing anyone's posted here in a long time.

The equivalent of a community college degree. Ahia state is a punchline. Joe hated them with a passion because they cheat
Uh no. Academically tOSU may only be surpassed by NW and UM in the conference. Joe saw OSU for what they were and are, a tough rival.

I have no way to prove my story, I lost the clipping a long time ago, so take it with a grain of salt.
Joe admired Ohio St, actually. Before the famous 1964 game, PSU admins were hosted in a special OSU facility, with a catered dinner. Apparently, it was opulent and showed that Ohio State football was a powerhouse. The contrast with PSU was obvious to Joe, when PSU hosted visitors, Sue and the other wives were baking cookies for the visitors.
There is a reason PSU is in the Big 10 besides the money. Joe always thought it was first class.

I have no way to prove my story, I lost the clipping a long time ago, so take it with a grain of salt.
Joe admired Ohio St, actually. Before the famous 1964 game, PSU admins were hosted in a special OSU facility, with a catered dinner. Apparently, it was opulent and showed that Ohio State football was a powerhouse. The contrast with PSU was obvious to Joe, when PSU hosted visitors, Sue and the other wives were baking cookies for the visitors.
There is a reason PSU is in the Big 10 besides the money. Joe always thought it was first class.

Yeah, the b1g has always been first-class towards Penn State.

I’m willing to bet that Joe’s views on the b1g changed for the worse over the years. Had Joe lived through 2012, I’m sure he would even think less of the b1g.

1964 was a long time ago.

Reactions: odshowtime
Yeah, the b1g has always been first-class towards Penn State.

I’m willing to bet that Joe’s views on the b1g changed for the worse over the years. Had Joe lived through 2012, I’m sure he would even think less of the b1g.

1964 was a long time ago.
You may be right. I don’t wish to project my feelings about the Big on Joe so we’ll never know.

Sorry if I'm late to this party ... someone explain to me the Epstein/OSU connection. Was he a big money alum who donated to the school?

Sorry if I'm late to this party ... someone explain to me the Epstein/OSU connection. Was he a big money alum who donated to the school?

You might be aware that Epstein was tight with Les Wexner of L Brands (think Victoria's Secret). Wexner is a big money donor to OSU. He gave $2.5mm to OSU for (some part) of an athletic center which was matched by a foundation controlled by Epstein.

You might be aware that Epstein was tight with Les Wexner of L Brands (think Victoria's Secret). Wexner is a big money donor to OSU. He gave $2.5mm to OSU for (some part) of an athletic center which was matched by a foundation controlled by Epstein.

Oh. Then I definitely agree with your original comment when you said that OSU accepted his donation before all the creepy stuff came out. What is OSU supposed to do now... give the donation back?? I know if any of our big money donors were outed as a creep, we sure as heck would not be giving those monies back.

Reactions: nits74
Oh. Then I definitely agree with your original comment when you said that OSU accepted his donation before all the creepy stuff came out. What is OSU supposed to do now... give the donation back?? I know if any of our big money donors were outed as a creep, we sure as heck would not be giving those monies back.

You don't have to go too far back to find a PSU big donor who was also a BOT menber who was a stain on the university

Al Lord the godfather of the current national student loan crisis would fit the bill quite well. Not to mention his disgracing the university with his comments about the Sandusky victims

You don't have to go too far back to find a PSU big donor who was also a BOT menber who was a stain on the university

Al Lord the godfather of the current national student loan crisis would fit the bill quite well. Not to mention his disgracing the university with his comments about the Sandusky victims

When PSU finds a major donation from Al Lord, I'm sure it will make every effort to return it.....and I'll become King of Sweden.

Sue and the other wives were baking cookies for the visitors.

Very smart on Joe's part, create some squeaky clean Mayberry sort of image, then reinforce it for 37 years by always doing the right thing... so that he can one day cover up for a yet to be hired assistant coach that he isn't even going to like.

The only good that came from the 2011 scandal is how much it opened my eyes to just how much the media can control what you think. At the risk of getting political, I asked my wife what she thought of the demonstrators outside Mitch McConnell's house and she thought it was great. I asked what she thought of the death threats involved and she replied that she didn't hear or know of any. I said it was because she watches CNN and if she watched Fox News she would know all about it. Scary that the choice of your news source dictates what and how you feel about topics.

Fox has to cover something to make it less obvious that they are slobbing the POTUS knob

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT