ADVERTISEMENT

I can't stand Michigan

Waltwam

Gold Member
Jul 28, 2001
Erie, PA
But I dislike OSU even more. So glad to see them quiet these fans, though I know it's not over. The only reason for my thinking this way....when I travelled to Michigan with family, we were treated pretty well, but have never had a good experience at the Shoe.

Pretty good game so far. Michigan is stepping up. I guess they didn’t like all the OSU love from the “experts”. Since they can’t both lose and OSU has been kicking our asses for longer in recent memory … I root for the Wolverine.

Reactions: Mroad
But I dislike OSU even more. So glad to see them quiet these fans, though I know it's not over. The only reason for my thinking this way....when I travelled to Michigan with family, we were treated pretty well, but have never had a good experience at the Shoe.
yea I guarantee I hate meat chicken more than you after reading the rest of your post

It turned out good in the end for you lol
It was just funny that Ohio State scored the moment you hit "post"
Yeah, that made me mad. If you really wanna have some fun, go over to the Buckeye website or listen to the call in show on the radio out of Columbus. People will be calling for Day's head. They are worse than the Den when they lose.

Yeah, that made me mad. If you really wanna have some fun, go over to the Buckeye website or listen to the call in show on the radio out of Columbus. People will be calling for Day's head. They are worse than the Den when they lose.
Oh they're definitely worse--they're not used to this so it's like their world is over.

Reactions: Waltwam
Well, I wanted tOSU to win due to the whole Referines thing, but the nice thing about this particular game is that one of the two teams HAS TO lose. Watching the silence and despair descend over the Horseshoe was pretty damn satisfying. So, also, is the thought of Kirk Herbstreit weeping and gnashing his teeth somewhere right now.

Now, to root for the Referines to lose in their Playoff semifinal.

• Haha
Reactions: Westcoast24
Well, I wanted tOSU to win due to the whole Referines thing, but the nice thing about this particular game is that one of the two teams HAS TO lose. Watching the silence and despair descend over the Horseshoe was pretty damn satisfying. So, also, is the thought of Kirk Herbstreit weeping and gnashing his teeth somewhere right now.

Now, to root for the Referines to lose in their Playoff semifinal.
Why? We all understand the better the Big Ten is perceived the easier it is for us to recruit, right?

We don't want Michigan or Ohio State necessarily winning a title but we absolutely don't want them losing to TCU or USC.

Lando, I can't pull for Ohio State in any setting. If you'd like t have a discussion on why, I'll share it. Suffice to say, I used to pull for OSU when I was young. When I started attending games when we came into the B10, had such bad experiences.....thus, never again!

Why do I hate OSU? Not the blatant ref homerism that we have all witnessed, not the fact that their NC’s are marred by controversy…. Not the fact that evey one of the kids that were supposed to be suspended for their last one had a DIRECT hand in the outcome of that game. But the reason I truly hate them is their fans. The same fans that were preaching from the mountain top that they would burn their jerseys and pick a new team if anything as devious as what happened at PSU happened at Da Ohio State. As they turn their noses at a doc that molested student athletes for twenty years. Woody and Tressel both Fvucking knew.

• Wow
Reactions: Westcoast24
Lando, I can't pull for Ohio State in any setting. If you'd like t have a discussion on why, I'll share it. Suffice to say, I used to pull for OSU when I was young. When I started attending games when we came into the B10, had such bad experiences.....thus, never again!
That's fair--and if they're not in the playoffs I won't be rooting for them. But if Michigan and Ohio State make the playoffs it's best of us as a member of the conference if they win. Much like the SEC takes pride in Alabama, LSU and Georgia having titles.

That's fair--and if they're not in the playoffs I won't be rooting for them. But if Michigan and Ohio State make the playoffs it's best of us as a member of the conference if they win. Much like the SEC takes pride in Alabama, LSU and Georgia having titles.
I'm not so sure the SEC feels the same anymore. Not hearing the SEC cheers we used to here

I'm not so sure the SEC feels the same anymore. Not hearing the SEC cheers we used to here
We disagree on that--they talk nonstop about how no other team could survive their conference schedule. South Carolina and Kentucky winning today was huge for the SEC

We disagree on that--they talk nonstop about how no other team could survive their conference schedule. South Carolina and Kentucky winning today was huge for the SEC
You may be right. But it has to drive. The other team is crazy that they're not in the hunt.

I am just the opposite. Harbaugh is a pompous ass. His claim that Franklin was the “ringleader” of the half time dust up was as classless as it gets. At least Day shows some respect for PSU. Having said that he was out coached by Michigan big time today so I will give credit where it is due.

I am just the opposite. Harbaugh is a pompous ass. His claim that Franklin was the “ringleader” of the half time dust up was as classless as it gets. At least Day shows some respect for PSU. Having said that he was out coached by Michigan big time today so I will give credit where it is due.
Don't disagree with you about Harbaugh. It's the fans at OSU that have turned me.

Reactions: dbbp
Why? We all understand the better the Big Ten is perceived the easier it is for us to recruit, right?

We don't want Michigan or Ohio State necessarily winning a title but we absolutely don't want them losing to TCU or USC.
You know, a little irrational hatred and also a little irrational fanboying is OK in sports.

You can hate the other guy just for the fun of it. It's sports, not engineering.

Yes, we absolutely do want UM to lose in the playoffs, and badly (like last season). Never hate your enemies - it affects your judgment (Michael Corleone, Godfather 3). But, never wish good for your enemies (ShoreLion85, this board). UM and OSU are our enemies- never hope for their success, in anything.

It is incorrect that their success helps us. It doesnt, and never has. I hope UM gets absolutely crushed by their playoff opponent. I hope OSU gets destroyed in their bowl game. The rest of the conference is meh, so aside from hoping Penn State wins ours, I’m not interested in the remaining bowl games.

You know, a little irrational hatred and also a little irrational fanboying is OK in sports.

You can hate the other guy just for the fun of it. It's sports, not engineering.
As long as people accept it's irrational I have no problem with that
But it does speak to us pretending we're not part of the Big Ten which we have since the beginning

Yes, we absolutely do want UM to lose in the playoffs, and badly (like last season). Never hate your enemies - it affects your judgment (Michael Corleone, Godfather 3). But, never wish good for your enemies (ShoreLion85, this board). UM and OSU are our enemies- never hope for their success, in anything.

It is incorrect that their success helps us. It doesnt, and never has. I hope UM gets absolutely crushed by their playoff opponent. I hope OSU gets destroyed in their bowl game. The rest of the conference is meh, so aside from hoping Penn State wins ours, I’m not interested in the remaining bowl games.
Not sure why you're assuming Ohio State doesn't make the playoff. If TCU or USC lose they're likely in
Bowl games mean nothing--it's important for the Big Ten to do well on the biggest stage. As the playoff expands we need the conference strength to help us get in many years as the 3rd or 4th team in the conference when USC joins.

As long as people accept it's irrational I have no problem with that
But it does speak to us pretending we're not part of the Big Ten which we have since the beginning
I don't know what you mean, other than I guess you're saying that if it is good for the Big 10, then it is good, by reference, for us.

Well, true enough, but how about a little irrational hatred?

That's what sports are really about.

If we just take it to the purely objective, then why are we rooting at all for kids who don't know us, could just have easily gone to OSU or Michigan or Va Tech, and might transfer in a second if it is best for them to do so.

"Go Random guy I don't know and beat the other random guy I don't know"

I don't know what you mean, other than I guess you're saying that if it is good for the Big 10, then it is good, by reference, for us.

Well, true enough, but how about a little irrational hatred?

That's what sports are really about.

If we just take it to the purely objective, then why are we rooting at all for kids who don't know us, could just have easily gone to OSU or Michigan or Va Tech, and might transfer in a second if it is best for them to do so.

"Go Random guy I don't know and beat the other random guy I don't know"
I said, if they acknowledge it's "irrational" that's great and I won't complain about it but they don't. There's people that truly believe that somehow Michigan and Ohio State doing poorly against non-conference teams is good for us which is pure stupidity.

I said, if they acknowledge it's "irrational" that's great and I won't complain about it but they don't. There's people that truly believe that somehow Michigan and Ohio State doing poorly against non-conference teams is good for us which is pure stupidity.
Most people aren't going to be analytical fans...takes the fun out of it.

I've been to some of your games with Michigan. The most recent Morelli took a beating.

You Sir are correct. The "SEC" chants have not slowed down even a little. Their conference pride is weirdly amazing.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT