ADVERTISEMENT

I almost missed it but...Happy Birthday to Morganna Roberts, "The Kissing Bandit".

fairgambit

Aug 20, 2010
For those of you too young to remember, Morganna became famous for running onto the field in the 70's and 80's and kissing baseball players like Nolan Ryan, Pete Rose, Cal Ripken, Jr., and George Brett. She is 68 today.
BzD_jqhIEAAGNaJ.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

I'm sure she performed in the Bottoms, of course. It's only fitting.
Great line! For those unfamiliar with McKees Rocks, the Bottoms is an area of the borough that has, like the rest of the town, come upon tough times. I lived the 1st year of my life in the McKees Rocks Bottoms and at that time, and even many years later, it had a vibrant business community. One very interesting fact about the Bottoms is that it's the location of the McKees Rocks Indian Mound which is a designated historic landmark and where the oldest human bones in eastern North America have been discovered.

Great line! For those unfamiliar with McKees Rocks, the Bottoms is an area of the borough that has, like the rest of the town, come upon tough times. I lived the 1st year of my life in the McKees Rocks Bottoms and at that time, and even many years later, it had a vibrant business community. One very interesting fact about the Bottoms is that it's the location of the McKees Rocks Indian Mound which is a designated historic landmark and where the oldest human bones in eastern North America have been discovered.
FG,
Are you actually referring to Meadowcroft (which is in Avella)?
PS- in my younger days I managed the Radio Shack in the McKees Rocks Plaza.

FG,
Are you actually referring to Meadowcroft (which is in Avella)?
PS- in my younger days I managed the Radio Shack in the McKees Rocks Plaza.
No. I may be wrong, but from what I understand, Meadowcroft has earlier evidence of human habitation (artifacts) but McKees Rocks has the oldest human bones in the area. That's neat that you managed the Radio Shack in the Rox. Perhaps I, or GLOV, stopped in an bought something from you.:)

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT