ADVERTISEMENT

Hunker down guys! Major winter storm a’comin!

The Spin Meister

Gold Member
Nov 27, 2012
An altered state
One of them southern storms. Accueweather predicting 9-12 for W Pa late Sunday into Monday! Lots of ice for some. With a lot of shelves empty in grocery stores areas empty it’s gonna be a tough slog!

What’s the predictions for your area?

Last edited:
One of them southern storms. Accueweather predicting 9-12 for W Pa late Sunday into Monday! Lots of ice for some. With a lot of shelves empty in grocery stores areas empty it’s gonna be a tough slog!

4 to 8 inches of snow Sunday for the Triad, NC area, but the worst part is 1/2 to 1 inch of ice on top of that

Fortunately, Monday is a holiday but cold temps persist for a couple days, so some of this will stick around

HV’s annual “footer” is on the way. Sunday/Monday is good timing. A long weekend ahead. You can have SoCal. I had enough of it for 12 yrs. Snow angels rule!

Woohoo! Let it ❄️
snow-run.gif

Reactions: Fac and brupsu
Charlotte NC is going to get hammered by ice and sleet. From 1/2” to 1”! Anything over a quarter inch starts power outages and trees down. They get over a half inch it is gonna be serious problems.

4 to 8 inches of snow Sunday for the Triad, NC area, but the worst part is 1/2 to 1 inch of ice on top of that

Fortunately, Monday is a holiday but cold temps persist for a couple days, so some of this will stick around
In winter 2004 or 2005 I lived south side of Charlotte NC. We had a major ice storm hit. Power was out for days. House were crushed and power lines down everywhere from big oak trees. I’m living in Mooresville NC now. Praying we don’t get the ice accumulation they’re calling for. We have several 100’-120’ oak trees in our back yard. The limbs are big around as my waist. People don’t realize how dangerous 1/2”-1” ice can be. I’ll be up all night worried about those trees.

We have no empty shelves living here in Allentown.

The cold air certainly made it in. It was 8 F in Bellefonte this morning. The NWS posted they saw wind chills to -24 F on Bloss Mountain up in Tioga County.

Looks like this storm is coming into focus a bit more - I hope it tracks another 30-40 miles west tho as I’m not a fan of snow.

I really like this product from the NWS - I feel like it’s been pretty accurate now the last few years even though it is still experimental.

In winter 2004 or 2005 I lived south side of Charlotte NC. We had a major ice storm hit. Power was out for days. House were crushed and power lines down everywhere from big oak trees. I’m living in Mooresville NC now. Praying we don’t get the ice accumulation they’re calling for. We have several 100’-120’ oak trees in our back yard. The limbs are big around as my waist. People don’t realize how dangerous 1/2”-1” ice can be. I’ll be up all night worried about those trees.
What’s the word In Mooresville? Power still on? Oak trees still standing?

What’s the word In Mooresville? Power still on? Oak trees still standing?
So far we’ve had a little over 2” of snow. It’s currently sleeting. Just walked outside to look at tree limbs. Not seeing any ice build up on limbs or power lines. Freezing rain is supposed to start in 1-2 hours. Looks like we’ve dogged a bullet. Weather forecasts are way off what was predicted for Mooresville.

Reactions: The Spin Meister
So far we’ve had a little over 2” of snow. It’s currently sleeting. Just walked outside to look at tree limbs. Not seeing any ice build up on limbs or power lines. Freezing rain is supposed to start in 1-2 hours. Looks like we’ve dogged a bullet. Weather forecasts are way off what was predicted for Mooresville.
Supposed to start around sun down north of Pittsburgh, they are calling for 8-12” . How ever, I think the snow/rain line will go further north than what they predict so we will get some rain and end up with 4-5”. Time will tell.

Reactions: tlbakernc
Supposed to start around sun down north of Pittsburgh, they are calling for 8-12” . How ever, I think the snow/rain line will go further north than what they predict so we will get some rain and end up with 4-5”. Time will tell.
Continued to sleet all day, pretty heavy at times. We have a large evergreen out back. I’ve been keeping an eye on the limbs to see if they’d droop from ice accumulation. Not seeing any indication of ice build up on tree or power lines. Weather forecasters completely blew storm predictions.

Reactions: The Spin Meister
Flurries started about half an hour or so ago around State College. Looks like the heavy stuff starts around 5:30 or so.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT