ADVERTISEMENT

How long have you been a member of the McANDREW BOARD/PLOTIT?

How long have you been a member of the MCANDREW BOARD/PLOTIT?

• 3 yrs or less

Votes: 4 1.8%
  • 4-6 yrs

Votes: 7 3.1%
  • 7-10 yrs

Votes: 15 6.6%
  • 11-15 yrs

Votes: 18 7.9%
  • 16-20 yrs

Votes: 50 21.9%
  • 20+ yrs

Votes: 134 58.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
My earliest memories of the board are from the summer leading up to the 1999 season and the Arizona fans who visited regularly to tell us how AZ was going to be way too fast for us.
Camp Cochise where they drank scorpion water. Yes, that was fun. Other highlights: the Jamal Lord contingent telling us about the Huskers all week; the Iowa fans like the swallows at Capistrano coming back each year to remind us of their amazingly consistent and annual run at mediocrity; the small but feisty contingent of Northwestern online posters showing up to talk smack (we are now pretty sure they were actually Iowa fans pretending - is that weird or what); AustinNit and how girlfriend’s large ___; HappyJohn’s Tikka every Friday; Shrink’s amazing statistical analysis and then blow by blow account of the capture of the Boston Marathon bomber; better 911 analysis than the networks; in-depth discussions on why airliners go down; all things Civil War, WWII and Band of Brothers; the Judge; Marshcreek and love of all things Devlin; the dark years; Sandusky; the BOT’s corruption; how to pave your driveway, lease a car, or buy just about any household appliance; the movie club’s reviews; Bushwood’s angst; Fair’s graciousness; Step’s engineering knowledge; Midnighter, Obli and Howie’s posts; Gunsie’s gunsiness; and, Tom McAndrew’s infrequent but delightful American history lessons. I’ve missed a thousand highlights but that list comes to mind as I think about the few minutes (years?) of my life I’ve spent on the best board anywhere, regardless of topic.

I specifically recall being on Plotit for Arrington's recruitment. I sort of remember Dan Kendra, which would have been a couple years earlier than that, but I am not certain I got my info on Kendra from the board.
The Kendra decision still pisses me off, particularly growing up in Bethlehem, and I knew him. At that point in Joe's coaching career he never would have let Kendra run like that, particularly in a scrimmage. He would have succeeded at PSU and beyond. The guy was a beast with a rocket arm.

I've been on long enough to remember Feetsball Coach, Front Range, Cheese Lion, and M&B2. I remember when Art coined the acronym ASWP.

Remember "Go home Pitt boy?" How about the Portland Cement Crack of the Week? Good times.

Good stuff. The poster was CapnPanther and the opener was "C'mon down, Pittboy," aimed at some ASWP flamer. He'd then launch by saying something like "Walt (Harris) or Buddy (Morris) needs your help..." And then tear the flamer a new one by just shredding one of ASWP's recent foibles. Never found out who it was, but the betting was on CheeseLion.

Then there was N(u)tm(e)gLion, referred to derisively ass"The Man From Darien." One of the bigger jerks on Plotit. Have to give him credit, though. He recognized the genius of Saban when he was still at MSU. Had such a mancrush on him that he received numerous offers of free kneepads.

Camp Cochise where they drank scorpion water. Yes, that was fun. Other highlights: the Jamal Lord contingent telling us about the Huskers all week; the Iowa fans like the swallows at Capistrano coming back each year to remind us of their amazingly consistent and annual run at mediocrity; the small but feisty contingent of Northwestern online posters showing up to talk smack (we are now pretty sure they were actually Iowa fans pretending - is that weird or what); AustinNit and how girlfriend’s large ___; HappyJohn’s Tikka every Friday; Shrink’s amazing statistical analysis and then blow by blow account of the capture of the Boston Marathon bomber; better 911 analysis than the networks; in-depth discussions on why airliners go down; all things Civil War, WWII and Band of Brothers; the Judge; Marshcreek and love of all things Devlin; the dark years; Sandusky; the BOT’s corruption; how to pave your driveway, lease a car, or buy just about any household appliance; the movie club’s reviews; Bushwood’s angst; Fair’s graciousness; Step’s engineering knowledge; Midnighter, Obli and Howie’s posts; Gunsie’s gunsiness; and, Tom McAndrew’s infrequent but delightful American history lessons. I’ve missed a thousand highlights but that list comes to mind as I think about the few minutes (years?) of my life I’ve spent on the best board anywhere, regardless of topic.

The highlight of that week were the never-ending screeches of Jammal's mom "Jammal gonna play in da League (NFL)." I saw Jammal play at Bayonne HS. Great athlete, lousy QB.

Reactions: We Are . . .
My profile shows May 29, 2001, but I think that's a date when all of us at the time were transferred to this site. I know I was here before that whatever we were called.

Reactions: BBrown
I remember the good old days around 1996 where it would take 10 minutes to load a page. When it connected it fuc$&@@ disconnected. Then always tried again for about 2 hours. I think it is just connecting now.

Reactions: LionJim
I started lurking in about 1998 and recall the great class of 1999 that ended up being epically poor. The bad years, the Marsh Creek years and all of the good and bad in between. At the start I was a sports nut watching anything at any time. Now I just watch PSU football and Villanova basketball. I will still follow the team and will miss the cool dialogue between the faithful.

Wow, that is amazing! I remember many of those ID's. I have been around since the mid to late 90's.

In looking at that thread/link, It was months before my daughter was born. She is now an adult, in her second year of Vet School.

What a journey it has been.
I wasn't involved in that discussion, but that screenshot is from the same week I met my wife in Iowa City - we've been married 22 years with 4 kids. Time flies.

I was on Plotit with Tom McAndrew from back in the 90's. I remember a lot of those names that have been mentioned on here. I still see some of those names still posting. I went by the monicker "Lionbacker" back in those days.

How could you overlook Bernie.
Hey Art,
McCluskey's reputation is under fire in Farrell.

@Art

I was on Plotit with Tom McAndrew from back in the 90's. I remember a lot of those names that have been mentioned on here. I still see some of those names still posting. I went by the monicker "Lionbacker" back in those days.
I remember you. I miss some of the old regulars such as ChrisNit80 and Mary Anne.

Reactions: BrianS and BBrown
I remember you. I miss some of the old regulars such as ChrisNit80 and Mary Anne.
Did you go by "Big O" on Plotit? Yes, ChrisNit80 was great! Wasn't he the one that gave a lot of INSIDE information? And who can forget Mary Anne! She was on this board for a while, just a few years ago.

Reactions: lionroar88
Hey Art,
McCluskey's reputation is under fire in Farrell.

@Art

McCluskey was a great coach, impossible to deny that. If he did what people say he did, then his name should be removed from the gym. I have no way of knowing.

Reactions: Fac
That's not the same Bernie that was a professor at PSU who had it in for Joe, is it?

Entirely different person. Bernie was a devoted PSU fan who actually went to the trouble of evaluating prospects that PSU was recruiting. Not so easy in those days because the ubiquitous highlight clips that we take for granted were non-existent. So Bernie did it the old fashioned way, got in his car and drove to games, some of which weren't exactly a hop, skip or jump from where he lived.

Ultimately Bernie had a falling out with the board. He had strong opinions and wasn't shy about sharing them. Didn't sit well with the majority of members who thought the coaching staff knew a hell of a lot more than he did. One case I recollect was PSU offering a kid from Ohio. Bernie hadn't seen him , but the prospect's measurables weren't all that great and, more indicative to Bernie, he was an Ohio kid that OSU hadn't offered. Pretty intense firestorm ensued. The kid was AJ Hawk.

Bernie left the board and it was diminished by his absence. Needless to say, it survived.

Reactions: PSU_Chicago
I've been on long enough to remember Feetsball Coach, Front Range, Cheese Lion, and M&B2. I remember when Art coined the acronym ASWP.

Remember "Go home Pitt boy?" How about the Portland Cement Crack of the Week? Good times.

Mid 90s on Plotit. I remember all of those you mentioned. M&B2 was a Michigan fan who liked the board vibe and was always pleasant and respectful.

Reactions: PSUEngineer89
Entirely different person. Bernie was a devoted PSU fan who actually went to the trouble of evaluating prospects that PSU was recruiting. Not so easy in those days because the ubiquitous highlight clips that we take for granted were non-existent. So Bernie did it the old fashioned way, got in his car and drove to games, some of which weren't exactly a hop, skip or jump from where he lived.

Ultimately Bernie had a falling out with the board. He had strong opinions and wasn't shy about sharing them. Didn't sit well with the majority of members who thought the coaching staff knew a hell of a lot more than he did. One case I recollect was PSU offering a kid from Ohio. Bernie hadn't seen him , but the prospect's measurables weren't all that great and, more indicative to Bernie, he was an Ohio kid that OSU hadn't offered. Pretty intense firestorm ensued. The kid was AJ Hawk.

Bernie left the board and it was diminished by his absence. Needless to say, it survived.
I remember people being mad at Bernie for not always being positive about PSU football. Another one people seemed to be upset with who was often critical of PSU was somebody named JBHook that I haven't seen since.

Hello
dont post much at all. But I remember back on plotit there was a guy named ChrisNit80 and he used to give a weekly dump that he and his father would put together from how practices went. Not sure how he got his info but always looked towards his Thursday night report as a prognosis to how Saturdays game would turn out. Always wondered who Chris and his dad were.

Hello
dont post much at all. But I remember back on plotit there was a guy named ChrisNit80 and he used to give a weekly dump that he and his father would put together from how practices went. Not sure how he got his info but always looked towards his Thursday night report as a prognosis to how Saturdays game would turn out. Always wondered who Chris and his dad were.
Yes I liked him and his reports. There was a lot more insider stuff around back then.

Hello

I seem to remember that he was a former player, that's why he had so much inside information (asked for confirmation upstream in this thread).

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT