ADVERTISEMENT

How long have you been a member of the McANDREW BOARD/PLOTIT?

How long have you been a member of the MCANDREW BOARD/PLOTIT?

• 3 yrs or less

Votes: 4 1.8%
  • 4-6 yrs

Votes: 7 3.1%
  • 7-10 yrs

Votes: 15 6.6%
  • 11-15 yrs

Votes: 18 7.9%
  • 16-20 yrs

Votes: 50 21.9%
  • 20+ yrs

Votes: 134 58.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I just looked it up. Apparently I joined December 3, 2001. Would have been 20 years. Wow. I’ll miss it, for sure.
You might be older that that. Mine says September 3rd, 2001 but I know I was here for years before 9/11. Joined sometime on the old board.

I am one of the old plotit guys. I did a name change so I am not certain of the number of years. Definitely over 2O however it seems like yesterday!

Reactions: PSU73
I would pay something too but nothing close to $99. I donate to Wikipedia because I feel it is a very good resource which over-and-over provides information I look for, without all the ads, and I believe they asked for $15 or so, but don't require a fee.
I enjoy this board, (especially after learning to block the caustic posters), and the 'kindred friendships' with many posters, and the help and commiseration we get on problems or issues. It to me is like 'Cheers' was to all the characters:

"Climbing the walls when no one calls
You've lost at love again
And the more you're down and out
The more you need a friend
When you long to hear a kind hello."

"Sometimes you want to go
Where everybody knows your name
And they're always glad you came
You want to be where you can see
Our troubles are all the same
You want to be where everybody knows your name."
Well played, sir. Very well played.

My late wife was undergoing her third and final battle with cancer when our teen son found the Plotit site to try to get me out of my constant worry in the summer of 1994.

I think Scott Eisensmith (a Michigan State alum ?) ran it with Tom. I am deeply appreciative to Tom for keeping up with this Board , for it has helped me in so many ways to cope with many differing and difficult life situations.

Thank you, Tom.
Scott’s obit — 2013

Never was an official BWI member ... I'm from the Notre Dame board ... but have started looking at and occasionally posting on BWI soon after @LionJim .

Have to admit, I really like this board, much more than any of the ND boards now. In the past the ND board had a couple of good posters that I enjoyed, but since rivals took over, they all seem to have vanished.

Was there for the initial hosting on Scott’s MSU server. I hope Lou Ann Simon gets a fierce hemorrhoid over that thought. Scott mailed me several 1994 PSU game tapes out of pure generosity. I was quite sad when he passed. Got to know Tom through the site and met up with several others over the years.

I joined the Plotit listserv just before it was replaced by the Plotit message board in 1994. While nothing lasts forever and change is inevitable, Nov 1, 2021 is going to be a sad, sad day. I am not going to join a pay service, so most likely I am heading over to the 24/7 boards and see what they are like.

I'm another person that joined during the Dan Kendra recruitment saga. I was living in MI and the only way to get PSU information. Kendra was the best full back we ever missed out on...

Joined Nov 27, 2012. Still feel like a newbie. Joined because people kept telling me all info about the Sandusky scandal that the media refused to cover and said they got it here. Lurked for several months before joining.

Reactions: PSU73 and 91Joe95
Full disclosure: I am an asshole, know it, and derive a bit of enjoyment from riling up certain folks.

I joined under a different moniker in 2002. While I greatly dislike what this board has become for reasons likely different than most posting in this thread, it has provided me a lot of actual enjoyment over the years. Whether it is random OT posts or people sharing their life stories, I've learned a ton. I am grateful for the chance to connect with some folks off-board about different topics. For better or worse, it helped me understand the full breadth of knowledge and types of folks in the PSU community at-large.

there was an email discussion on recruiting that then led to Plottit is how I recollect. The email discussion ended and moved over to Plottit. Been on since then, want to say mid 1995 or 6
That sounds right. The Internet became available to civilians around '91 or '92 via dialup connections, and there were Usenet message groups about college football, and someone started a Penn State email list, which at some point the late Scott Eisensmith volunteered to host (Plotit was his company -- it was engineering/statistics software that he had developed). Scott took donations to help him with his ISP fees. Then from there it became a Yahoo mailing list, and then a message board moderated by Tom at the time Rivals was started. I'm not sure about all of that but that's my best recollection.

so....where else do we hang out ?? I just paid the 1$....is 247 also in play...think there are others ??

I joined back in the early 2000’s under a different username, then got banned during the season in 2011 for no reason (I never could get an answer from Tom on why)….I was going to hang it up, but then the Sandusky crap hit so I created my current username which is why it shows 2011 as when I started.

I think it was in the early days of Rip Engle. He had a lonely assistant coach by the name of Joe something. That’s what I remember.

I believe I started in 2000 under the name ReadingNitFan but I changed emails and I can't recover my password. If anyone knows how to access an old name, I'd love to go back to my original name. For me I'm pretty sure it's been over 20 years.

I joined Plotit in 1995. I used my real name because I thought it was wimpy to hide under a fake name. Switched to current name for BWI. I followed Parkland football and knew that there was a five star recruit coming. My son was a friend of Austin Scott and I had some inside info on his plan to commit but I didn't post it. I did not trust other posters enough to share. Over the years I would get some inside stuff, but always held back. I am still private. I also knew a lot about Austin's legal issue and again held back. And there was the one person removed comment from Dabo Swinney that PSU was a much better team when OSU was selected over us for the playoffs. Never shared.
Sorry for not sharing.

I remember the Plotit days but I have no idea when I joined.
One thing I do know it is time give up this new fangled format and go back to thread view.

Long time lurker, but the Sandusky stuff got me mildly addicted to posting. I've had my favorite posters over the years (Midnighter, Fairgambit, Cincy, Lion Jim, Nashville Lion, Spinmeister, MackDaddy (Yes, seriously) just to name a few. But another thing I liked was being able to find some common ground and civility with those with whom I often vehemently disagreed. That too was rewarding. Take care all, and let's win this one on Saturday.

Long time lurker, but the Sandusky stuff got me mildly addicted to posting. I've had my favorite posters over the years (Midnighter, Fairgambit, Cincy, Lion Jim, Nashville Lion, Spinmeister, MackDaddy (Yes, seriously) just to name a few. But another thing I liked was being able to find some common ground and civility with those with whom I often vehemently disagreed. That too was rewarding. Take care all, and let's win this one on Saturday.
Which MackDaddy ? Drunk MD was the most entertaining IMO. Ya’ never knew what to expect

Reactions: 91Joe95 and nits74
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT