ADVERTISEMENT

How do these drug tests work in CFB?

Ranger Dan

Gold Member
Aug 31, 2003
York PA
Clemson has three players suspended for performance enhancing drugs. Bama has three players suspended for unknown reason, but I’ve heard speculation that it might be for drugs. If both had three players pop for drug use, it seem that the number is coincidental. Also, in both cases, it’s a starter and two back ups. Does the entire team get tested, or, is it just a few (three?) randomly selected players. From a quality control perspective, one of these players testing positive would require 100% testing of each player (if not done already).

Clemson has three players suspended for performance enhancing drugs. Bama has three players suspended for unknown reason, but I’ve heard speculation that it might be for drugs. If both had three players pop for drug use, it seem that the number is coincidental. Also, in both cases, it’s a starter and two back ups. Does the entire team get tested, or, is it just a few (three?) randomly selected players. From a quality control perspective, one of these players testing positive would require 100% testing of each player (if not done already).

None of the above. They make it up as they go along.

They hide cameras in the vending area and see who gets
frito-lay-large-single-serve-doritos-nacho-cheese.jpg

Reactions: N&B4PSU
Dabo investigating possibility of their salt-water float pool as the cause of the positive tests...hmmmmm
I wonder if Dabo is running cover. Ostarine is what they tested positive for. From what I read the only way to obtain Ostarine is from the black market. An interesting note I read was that Ostarine can be in your system a long time and not detected until it starts to leave your system. For some reason my BS alarm starts to go off when everyone starts looking at each other saying "how could this be?" "I know nothing!"

I wouldn't rule out someone spiking the food or drinks. I know that this is of great concern in the NFL. There is a LOT of money at stake. he'll we had some idiot kill the trees at Auburn's Toomer's Corner a few years back. Would it be so outlandish for a fan to sprinkle something into a player's cornflakes when they weren't looking?

I wouldn't rule out someone spiking the food or drinks. I know that this is of great concern in the NFL. There is a LOT of money at stake. he'll we had some idiot kill the trees at Auburn's Toomer's Corner a few years back. Would it be so outlandish for a fan to sprinkle something into a player's cornflakes when they weren't looking?
Not outlandish, but less likely in my view than kids taking supplements. I do not understand why, when they discover this shit they do not test every single kid in the program, right now.

I am just a simplest explanation is most likely right kind of guy.

Thank you Coach Dabo.

Reactions: N&B4PSU
Not outlandish, but less likely in my view than kids taking supplements. I do not understand why, when they discover this shit they do not test every single kid in the program, right now.

I have a friend who was on the conference call between OSU and the NCAA (maybe it was Big 10) when Noah Spence was arguing that he tested positive because someone spiked his drink. His summary of the call, and the arguments by OSU and the Spence camp, was embarrassing. Grown, professional men and women enabling a kid simply to win a football game. When Spence hit rock bottom and confronted his problems, he got help and is now putting together a nice NFL career.

Because the NCAA doesn't want to know, just like they don't want to know what's really going on with the academics of athletes.

As I sort of intimated before, the NCAA has no stated drug testing standards. They hire an outside contractor to develop a program and conduct tests. Are these ever publicized? Not to my knowledge.

Testing supposedly is more extensive for teams involved in NCAA championships and post-season bowls.

I have a friend who was on the conference call between OSU and the NCAA (maybe it was Big 10) when Noah Spence was arguing that he tested positive because someone spiked his drink. His summary of the call, and the arguments by OSU and the Spence camp, was embarrassing. Grown, professional men and women enabling a kid simply to win a football game. When Spence hit rock bottom and confronted his problems, he got help and is now putting together a nice NFL career.

Ever listen to Dabo when he has to talk about anything other than how wonderful his football is? Ignorant, whiny whore.

They should test every player from Bama and Clemson now - if they did I bet nether could field a team - now that would be funny. Screw Emmert.
yeah...and the problem is, if this is that rampant, we'll never know. The press is "in on it". Count on the fact that ESPN, ABC and Fox are highly invested in the success of their pet college teams (that draw ratings). We saw how ratings drive stories in 2011/2012.

If there was 100% consistent accurate testing, we wouldn't have college football. You can get flagged for excessive caffeine when it comes to doping. and this ostarine stuff, I had to google.
I have a decent amount of knowledge in this field and if I have to google? Uhh, this guy knew what he was taking. SARMs don't just pop in drinks.

I'll add that over the years I've seen various stories and talked to people in the industry, and almost no one is clean. The USOC was testing athletes but not notifying the powers that be when someone tested positive. The testing was more to insure they test negative than to catch cheaters.

Testing for PEDs is very expensive. testing all athletes on a regular basis to ensure they are clean would be a big budget expense, even for the big boys who are raking it in.

If there was 100% consistent accurate testing, we wouldn't have college football. You can get flagged for excessive caffeine when it comes to doping. and this ostarine stuff, I had to google.
I have a decent amount of knowledge in this field and if I have to google? Uhh, this guy knew what he was taking. SARMs don't just pop in drinks.
I looked it up!! So where do it sign up for some??? (Tic)
Safer Than Steroids? Your All-inclusive Guide To Gaining Muscle, Losing Fat & Much More With “SARMs”

Affiliate Disclosure

Gaining-Muscle-Losing-Fat-Much-More-With-SARMs.png

In the article “Why Steroids Will Slowly Kill You & 3 Safe Alternatives for Muscle Building, Speedy Recovery, Enhanced Drive and Beyond.” I taught you all about SARMs – or Selective Androgen Receptor Modulators – therapeutic compounds that, according to the US Anti-Doping Association (USADA), mimic anabolic agents. USADA points out that the difference between the steroids and SARMs is that SARMs have fewer androgenic properties, which permits SARMs to target tissues much more directly and reduce the host of known negative side effects experienced with steroids.

So quite simply, SARMS provide the benefit of steroids without the dangerous and annoying mental and physical reactions to steroids.

If your goal is to shed holiday weight fast, to look in the mirror and see well-defined, big muscles or lean, striated muscles, or to repair a workout injury faster, or to increase endurance and simultaneously experience a burst of power and strength – your first thought may be to turn to steroids, since they can work with extreme efficacy for many of these goals. And sure, steroids have been proven to do all of those things, but as I’ve said before – steroids can kill you. And even if you’re one of the lucky ones and you don’t have any underlying cardiovascular abnormalities that could lead to cardiovascular problems and sudden death from steroid use, you’ll be faced with a long list of negative side effects, including (but definitely not limited to):

• Increased risk for liver damage and tumors
  • Elevated blood pressure
  • Decreased sperm count
  • Impotence
  • Decreased testicular size
  • Increased risk of tendon tears
  • Baldness
  • Acne (kind of hard to feel good about your physique or body fat levels if you’ve got a face or back full of zits)
I’m just not convinced the goal of looking big and feeling strong is worth the sure occurrence of the side effects above, or the possibility of sudden death caused by anabolic-androgen steroid use. It’s really not going to matter if you’re buried six feet under, is it?

So that’s why I’m a fan of SARMs as a safe alternative to steroids that deliver many of the same positive benefits as steroids, including muscle building, prevention of muscle waste, faster recovery from injury, increased endurance, etc. but do not produce the same dangerous side effects as steroids.

In this article, I’m going to explore in greater detail a couple of SARMs I’ve written about before: LGD-4033 (also known as ligandrol) and GW 501516 (also known as cardarine). If you need a thorough review on SARMs, read that original article. But although I’ve been talking about SARMs for a while now, I still get comments and emails from many of you asking me what they are and asking me for clarification on how to use them. So in this article, you’ll discover how SARMs work, what they can do to your body and performance, and how to use them safely.

Disclaimer: SARMs are absolutely, 100% banned by USADA, WADA and most other global sporting organization for both in-competition and out-of-competition. You should NOT use tehse if you are competing in any such sanctioned sport as it definitely falls under the banned category of a prohibited class of anabolic agents.

BTW you have to love the disclaimer, it says you are going to flunk the test!!!

Reactions: fizzyskittles
The excuses are bs. They are the same ones you always hear. They doped.

And to the OP's original question: They don't. Unless the athlete does something that is ****ing stupid/out of protocol, in which case they get caught for being stupid.

Last edited:
My son played baseball in college with a guy who was thrown out of Florida for PED’s and had to transfer. He said a ton of the guys on the team were using. And that was for baseball. I can’t imagine what it’s like at some football programs.

Teams reach the college football playoffs using PEDS (the money, the publicity, attention of future recruits, etc.) - at this point really no concern about the individual athletes who got caught - they (the coach) is in the final 4.

Teams, specifically their coaches and administrators, bear some responsibility for the health and safety of the young men entrusted into their care. Coaches and administrators bear some responsibility for not monitoring their players - is this what they call institutional control?

I don't want to punish the many good young men who, honestly, may have helped their team reach the playoffs - I'll let them play. HOWEVER, I would also ban the coach from participation - including a % of his annual salary that can be calculated for one game, and also any bonus the coach receives for post season accomplishments.

Money got coaches to roll the dice on drugs for their players; taking enough money away may get them to at least pause before they choose this road.

I looked it up!! So where do it sign up for some??? (Tic)
Safer Than Steroids? Your All-inclusive Guide To Gaining Muscle, Losing Fat & Much More With “SARMs”

Affiliate Disclosure

Gaining-Muscle-Losing-Fat-Much-More-With-SARMs.png

In the article “Why Steroids Will Slowly Kill You & 3 Safe Alternatives for Muscle Building, Speedy Recovery, Enhanced Drive and Beyond.” I taught you all about SARMs – or Selective Androgen Receptor Modulators – therapeutic compounds that, according to the US Anti-Doping Association (USADA), mimic anabolic agents. USADA points out that the difference between the steroids and SARMs is that SARMs have fewer androgenic properties, which permits SARMs to target tissues much more directly and reduce the host of known negative side effects experienced with steroids.

So quite simply, SARMS provide the benefit of steroids without the dangerous and annoying mental and physical reactions to steroids.

If your goal is to shed holiday weight fast, to look in the mirror and see well-defined, big muscles or lean, striated muscles, or to repair a workout injury faster, or to increase endurance and simultaneously experience a burst of power and strength – your first thought may be to turn to steroids, since they can work with extreme efficacy for many of these goals. And sure, steroids have been proven to do all of those things, but as I’ve said before – steroids can kill you. And even if you’re one of the lucky ones and you don’t have any underlying cardiovascular abnormalities that could lead to cardiovascular problems and sudden death from steroid use, you’ll be faced with a long list of negative side effects, including (but definitely not limited to):

• Increased risk for liver damage and tumors
  • Elevated blood pressure
  • Decreased sperm count
  • Impotence
  • Decreased testicular size
  • Increased risk of tendon tears
  • Baldness
  • Acne (kind of hard to feel good about your physique or body fat levels if you’ve got a face or back full of zits)
I’m just not convinced the goal of looking big and feeling strong is worth the sure occurrence of the side effects above, or the possibility of sudden death caused by anabolic-androgen steroid use. It’s really not going to matter if you’re buried six feet under, is it?

So that’s why I’m a fan of SARMs as a safe alternative to steroids that deliver many of the same positive benefits as steroids, including muscle building, prevention of muscle waste, faster recovery from injury, increased endurance, etc. but do not produce the same dangerous side effects as steroids.

In this article, I’m going to explore in greater detail a couple of SARMs I’ve written about before: LGD-4033 (also known as ligandrol) and GW 501516 (also known as cardarine). If you need a thorough review on SARMs, read that original article. But although I’ve been talking about SARMs for a while now, I still get comments and emails from many of you asking me what they are and asking me for clarification on how to use them. So in this article, you’ll discover how SARMs work, what they can do to your body and performance, and how to use them safely.

Disclaimer: SARMs are absolutely, 100% banned by USADA, WADA and most other global sporting organization for both in-competition and out-of-competition. You should NOT use tehse if you are competing in any such sanctioned sport as it definitely falls under the banned category of a prohibited class of anabolic agents.

BTW you have to love the disclaimer, it says you are going to flunk the test!!!
Safer then steroids means they don’t really work, lol!

My son played baseball in college with a guy who was thrown out of Florida for PED’s and had to transfer. He said a ton of the guys on the team were using. And that was for baseball. I can’t imagine what it’s like at some football programs.
A lot and everyone is doing it.

They should test every player from Bama and Clemson now - if they did I bet nether could field a team - now that would be funny. Screw Emmert.
Well then, they better also test ND and Oklahoma

serious answer I read the NCAA tested nine randomly selected players from Clemson. So 3 of 9 tested positive. No further testing was conducted before the game, The PED supposedly clears the system in four days.
Thanks. This is exactly my point. They fount 1/3 of the Clemson team using PEDs, but they don’t think that others on the team are using? This test process seems to be developed to provide the appearance of caring about the use of PEDs.

Reactions: eidolon21
Testing for PEDs is very expensive. testing all athletes on a regular basis to ensure they are clean would be a big budget expense, even for the big boys who are raking it in.
Not that expensive for a Billion Dollar business.
They spend that kind of money on shoes. Now it would cost them a shit load of money when 1/2 the players tested positive. That is what they cannot afford.
Testing for endogenous testosterone would eliminate all controversey and is a simple test. It is the test that cost Ben Johnson his Olympic Medal.
Easy solution but no one the business wants the answer. $$

They spend that kind of money on shoes. Now it would cost them a shit load of money when 1/2 the players tested positive. That is what they cannot afford.
Testing for endogenous testosterone would eliminate all controversey and is a simple test. It is the test that cost Ben Johnson his Olympic Medal.
My premise is that PED use isn’t individual, but rather institutional. If you have Lawrence taking PEDs, I’d but my house that other Clemson players are taking PEDs as well.

Reactions: sluggo72
It’s not that cheap and it’s not that simple. Though I do agree that no one wants to see massive disqualifications.
Serious PED testing is more than a test for exogenous testosterone. Those simple tests are 50$-150$ per unit ( cost of the test not costs associated with it , collecting and handling). Top level testing is much more expensive. Multiply that by 100 plus athletes multiple times per year for just the football team?
And don’t forget all the other athletes .
And again , you’re right about no one wants massive amounts of positive tests .

The NCAA policy in the past was “self enforcement “ for each program. That meant that the Ohio states of the world basically didn’t test or they tested with ample warning.

I don’t know whether this new testing was a bowl/playoff thing?

The NCAA policy in the past was “self enforcement “ for each program. That meant that the Ohio states of the world basically didn’t test or they tested with ample warning.

I don’t know whether this new testing was a bowl/playoff thing?
Or you test the backup punter , the 3.9 gpa fourth string safety and that coach’s kid that walked on.

Reactions: Ranger Dan
PS this lack of a level playing field is the reason our offensive lines take so long to develop vs the cheaters.

Another question I have is when were the tests administered? Was it after the regular season in advance of the bowl game? Do they test before/during the season? If it's more likely to happen after the season but before the bowl, you will probably see players like Dexter Lawrence take a pass on the bowl game - kid was likely a first round pick (and still may be) but why risk it? Now he's a drug user.

"How do these drug tests work in CFB?"

According to the players, they don't work.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT