ADVERTISEMENT

Football How did Phil Steele rank Penn State's position groups in the BIg 10?

Position groups - minor stuff.

Jim and his Big Blue Death Star will win not only the B1G but the NC - the only thing that matters.

Position groups - minor stuff.

Jim and his Big Blue Death Star will win not only the B1G but the NC - the only thing that matters.
They've embarrassed Ohio St 2 years straight. Are you ready for Michigan to take the Buckeye's manhood a 3rd straight year? I'd like to hear you discuss that in excruciating detail.

Last edited:
They've embarrassed Ohio St 2 years straight. Are you ready for Michigan to take the Buckeye's manhood a 3rd straight year? I'd like to hear you discuss that in excruciating detail.
OK. Go Jim, Go Blue - beat those cheating Buckeyes

OK. Go Jim, Go Blue - beat those cheating Buckeyes
That doesn't cut it wolvie. Tell us in great detail why Ohio St with more talent always falls short lately to Michigan and any SEC team. I'd like to hear you tell us why they get pushed around. Why they choke on the big stage. Go ahead, we're waiting.

That doesn't cut it wolvie. Tell us in great detail why Ohio St with more talent always falls short lately to Michigan and any SEC team. I'd like to hear you tell us why they get pushed around. Why they choke on the big stage. Go ahead, we're waiting.
Agree 100%. Go Jim, Go Blue - beat those stinking Buckeyes

Quarterback - 7

I think seventh is about right. We have an unproven starter and a backup that can't run the offense. The quarterback position is more than the starter. I would put Michigan, Iowa, and Maryland in the top three.

Running Back - 2

I would put us number behind Michigan, barely.

Wide Receiver - 10

Until I see something out of this group, I am putting them near the bottom of the top ten. Based on production and what we have seen on film to date, this is the worst receiving corps we have had since 2003. We simply lack talent despite heavy investments in scholarships.

Offensive Line - 8

The line is getting better but there is no looking past how badly they got handled by Michigan and Ohio State once they flicked the switch in the fourth quarter. I’ll put us at eight here.

Defensive Line – 5

Little talent at defensive tackle and a demonstrated inability to set the edge against the run due to the complete lack of a legit 5 tech end.

Linebackers – 4

I have us behind the Michigan schools and Wisconsin and just ahead of Iowa and Ohio State.

Secondary – 4

During his tenure, safety has been a huge issue from a recruiting standpoint. He inherited the best players he has had at the position and his best two were transfers. I have no questions regarding the corner position.

Reactions: pennstatepelly
You're a coward. You lie about who you are and then don't even have the balls to follow through with your schtick. Turns out Ohio St fans are losers.
This 100%. We all need to band together and kick those losers out of the conference. Go Blue

Quarterback - 7

I think seventh is about right. We have an unproven starter and a backup that can't run the offense. The quarterback position is more than the starter. I would put Michigan, Iowa, and Maryland in the top three.

Running Back - 2

Wide Receiver - 10

Until I see something out of this group, I am putting them near the bottom of the top ten. Based on production and what we have seen on film to date, this is the worst receiving corps we have had since 2003. We simply lack talent despite heavy investments in scholarships.

Offensive Line - 8

The line is getting better but there is no looking past how badly they got handled by Michigan and Ohio State once they flicked the switch in the fourth quarter. I’ll put us at eight here.

Defensive Line – 5

Little talent at defensive tackle and a demonstrated inability to set the edge against the run due to the complete lack of a legit 5 tech end.

Linebackers – 4

I have us behind the Michigan schools and Wisconsin and just ahead of Iowa and Ohio State.

Secondary – 4

During his tenure, safety has been a huge issue from a recruiting standpoint. He inherited the best players he has had at the position and his best two were transfers. I have no questions regarding the corner position.
Let me guess, 7-5, 9 win ceiling again?

Let me guess, 7-5, 9 win ceiling again?
Right now I have at 9 and 3 with losses to Michigan, Iowa and Ohio State. I have 10 and 2 as a reasonable best case scenario and 8 and 4 as a reasonable worst case. 11 and 1 looks like the absolute max. At the bottom end, given that we do not have a backup that can run the offense (we all saw what happened when Roberson tried to run it and being unprepared was far from the only issue) it could get ugly.

Think of how miserable he would be if we made the CFP….and he’d be downright suicidal if we ever won a NC.
He could be very miserable this year as I believe that the winner of the PSU-OSU wins the conference and moves on to the Playoffs. Not trying to slight Michigan but just don't think their defense will be as strong this year as it has been in years past as they'll have some key pieces missing. If I was PSU, I would also be concerned with Illinois as they could be pretty decent this year.

He could be very miserable this year as I believe that the winner of the PSU-OSU wins the conference and moves on to the Playoffs. Not trying to slight Michigan but just don't think their defense will be as strong this year as it has been in years past as they'll have some key pieces missing. If I was PSU, I would also be concerned with Illinois as they could be pretty decent this year.
Michigan has absolutely owned Ohio St lately. Pretty soon there won't be anyone on Ohio St's roster that hasn't been physically embarrassed and defeated by Michigan every season.

Michigan has absolutely owned Ohio St lately. Pretty soon there won't be anyone on Ohio St's roster that hasn't been physically embarrassed and defeated by Michigan every season.
C'mon man. That OSU team is LOADED with talent and could very well win the NC this year and Vegas agrees as they're +600 - right behind Georgia and Alabama. Your hatred for OSU is coming through loud and clear. If they can eliminate the big plays against their defense - like in the last 2 years - they could very well win it all

C'mon man. That OSU team is LOADED with talent and could very well win the NC this year and Vegas agrees as they're +600 - right behind Georgia and Alabama. Your hatred for OSU is coming through loud and clear. If they can eliminate the big plays against their defense - like in the last 2 years - they could very well win it all
Are they going to get pushed around by Michigan yet again? Michigan turns Ohio St into little boys. They have completely taken Ohio St's manhood 2 years in a row. Ohio St has a ton of talent but when they are punched in the face, they sort of cower. Michigan and the SEC have consistently done this to them.

Are they going to get pushed around by Michigan yet again? Michigan turns Ohio St into little boys. They have completely taken Ohio St's manhood 2 years in a row. Ohio St has a ton of talent but when they are punched in the face, they sort of cower. Michigan and the SEC have consistently done this to them.
Why are you so concerned with Michigan and OSU ? Are you not a PSU fan? And those little boys came within a last second missed FG against Georgia of probably winning a NC. Your ranting about OSU comes across as jealousy. They've been the most consistent CF program since the 1960s with only 2 losing seasons - one in the late 80s and the other in 2011 - the Tressel sanction year

Why are you so concerned with Michigan and OSU ? Are you not a PSU fan? And those little boys came within a last second missed FG against Georgia of probably winning a NC. Your ranting about OSU comes across as jealousy. They've been the most consistent CF program since the 1960s with only 2 losing seasons - one in the late 80s and the other in 2011 - the Tressel sanction year
You need to let the OSU discussion go with this Online Personna guy as he goes berserk and comes off the rails every time somebody says anything positive about them. It's like OSU is an obsession with him

Reactions: rrdd2021
This 100%. We all need to band together and kick those losers out of the conference. Go Blue
Hey Wolvie, I just spent a few minutes on the Rutgers Board. RutgersAl has two ridiculous threads running, and the long suffering Knights are tearing him apart. The funny part is that some posters over there are convinced that you are RutgersAl using a nom de plume!!! Na, your stuff is rile the weak minded up. His is Kamikaze into the side of the ship worthy. I’m only passing this on because I know they gave you the hook.

Reactions: wolve1972
Let’s face it we won’t beat Michigan or Ohio State this year so it is what it is

How does your and several other Ohio St fans posting dishonestly as fans of other programs here on a PSU board unwilling to discuss Ohio St choking every year against Michigan and the SEC come off?

Hey Wolvie, I just spent a few minutes on the Rutgers Board. RutgersAl has two ridiculous threads running, and the long suffering Knights are tearing him apart. The funny part is that some posters over there are convinced that you are RutgersAl using a nom de plume!!! Na, your stuff is rile the weak minded up. His is Kamikaze into the side of the ship worthy. I’m only passing this on because I know they gave you the hook.
Wish I was still able to post over there to stir up the pot. You have to admit that these boards are hilarious in the way some people get all bent out of shape over stupid $hit

Iowa has the 3rd best QB room? Good grief. McNamara was slightly above average with Michigan talent. Now he is in a Brian Ferentz offense with Iowa offensive talent coming off perhaps their worst offensive season in years. Nobody here can name the other QBs on that roster without a Google search.

But 3rd best? Lol prime trolling.

Quarterback - 7

Running Back - 2

Wide Receiver - 10

Offensive Line - 8

Defensive Line – 5

Linebackers – 4

Secondary – 4

Luckily I couldn’t give 2 literal shits less than what you think. But for the amusement of the masses, please pontificate away.

Reactions: Fac
DL ranking seems generous considering the uncertainty at DT.

We lose our starting PK, Punter, and Long Snapper so I'll be elated if we're 3rd best special teams in BiG.

Allar is a tough call. Michigan has a proven QB and Iowa has a QB who led his team to the playoffs. I have no idea what OSU has at QB. Maryland's QB can be good but he didn't have a chance against PSU's pressure. I'll be disappointed if Allar turns out worse than 4th or 5th best in the BiG.

PSU's WRs have to prove it before I'll believe it.

Reactions: Obliviax
Right now I have at 9 and 3 with losses to Michigan, Iowa and Ohio State. I have 10 and 2 as a reasonable best case scenario and 8 and 4 as a reasonable worst case. 11 and 1 looks like the absolute max. At the bottom end, given that we do not have a backup that can run the offense (we all saw what happened when Roberson tried to run it and being unprepared was far from the only issue) it could get ugly.

Roberson was a bizarre thing not just for PSU but in college football generally, a backup quarterback who literally couldn't run more than 3 or 4 plays. I hope we don't see that again in our lifetime.

You can't really expect PSU to run the table this year. They can be a solid top 10 team like last year and still lose 2-3 games between tOSU, UM, Iowa and MSU. If they run the table it will be because Allar is phenomenal and also a lot of good luck with a lack of injuries and some good breaks in games. That's what it would take. Highly unlikely but you can always hope.

Reactions: Online Persona
It is widely believed that Wolf is actually a buckeye so OnlinePersona is calling him out.

Last edited:
Why would you say Pribula can't run the offense? What do you know that the rest of us don't?

I wonder if Pribula sees snaps in running scenarios this year. Stevens and Levis both have done so under Franklin before. I believe that attempts will be made to get him meaningful reps.

Reactions: Online Persona
I wonder if Pribula sees snaps in running scenarios this year. Stevens and Levis both have done so under Franklin before. I believe that attempts will be made to get him meaningful reps.
Pribula should play the entire second half against Delaware.

It was horrible that the staff didn't know more about Roberson until Clifford got hurt in game 6 vs Iowa.

It was horrible that the staff didn't know more about Roberson until Clifford got hurt in game 6 vs Iowa.
Yep, and likely the last 2 series against WVU, the 2nd half against Northwestern, ....... This year's defense should be shutting down a couple of teams on the shedule such that Franklin shouldn't have to wait to be up 4 TD's in order to get Pribula playing time.

I’ve heard rumors that the second team QB was suspended by CJF for some internal reason and we had to play our third team QB against Iowa

It is widely believed that Wolf is actually a buckeye so OnlinePersona is calling him out.
Not so sure about him being a Buckeye - maybe on this board - but I travel all over the B1G Rivals boards and he wears a different hat depending what board he's posting on. I've read - and I could be wrong - that he's banned on the Rutgers site for pushing pro PSU stuff at them.

His goal is for a reaction over the stupid BS he throws out there and when people go off on him it's mission accomplished

Last edited:
Not so sure about him being a Buckeye - maybe on this board - but I travel all over the B1G Rivals boards and he wears a different hat depending what board he's posting on. I've read - and I could be wrong - that he's banned on the Rutgers site for pushing pro PSU stuff at them.

His goal is for a reaction over the stupid BS he throws out there and when people go off on him it's mission accomplished
I agree he is just out looking for fun. Likes to bust balls in a funny way. Probably has a different name for the Mich board and the Buckeyes board.

Reactions: rrdd2021
I agree he is just out looking for fun. Likes to bust balls in a funny way. Probably has a different name for the Mich board and the Buckeyes board.
Agree, he never attacks anyone personally just loves the reaction to his posts. He really gets comical on the Nebraska and Iowa boards during football season. Many Nebraska fans will swear he's a Hawkeye

Reactions: The Spin Meister
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT