ADVERTISEMENT

High School Football kicks off this weekend

Relayer

Jun 18, 2001
I'll be at Heartbreak Ridge for North Penn @ Neshaminy.

Other games that will have my interest:

Bishop McDevitt @ Cumberland Valley
Wilson West Lawn @ Central Dauphin
Downingtown West @ Perkiomen Valley
Spring-Ford @ Central Bucks South
Erie Cathedral Prep @ Pittsburgh Central Catholic
IMG @ Pine-Richland
Coatesville @ Harrisburg
Imhotep Charter @ LaSalle
McDonogh School (MD) @ Archbishop Wood

What an opening week. I'll be at the McD-CV game, it's always a good one. I will be paying particular attention to junior LB/S/RB Devyn Clair, son of former PSU great Eric Clair.

What an opening week. I'll be at the McD-CV game, it's always a good one. I will be paying particular attention to junior LB/S/RB Devyn Clair, son of former PSU great Eric Clair.

Think I’m going to that game also (weather pending).

Bellefonte AT Jersey Shore....since Bellefonte failed to get their new stadium completed in time

IMG @ Pine-Richland
Coatesville @ Harrisburg
Gonzaga Gilman

Excited to hear how my old HS QB's son does tonight as a first year starter at QB for Wilson as they take on CD. Interesting situation as his father (& I) played on the first RHS team to beat Wilson at Gurski and his father took down a few of Wilson and PSU legend Kerry Collins' Berks records.

Reactions: LionJim
Gonzaga 27, Gilman 0. At the half.

Psu offered the zag ‘21 qb

Final 47-0

Last edited:
Reactions: kevin310
Sock down 22-7 to North Schuylkill nearing half. Sounds like future Nova QB from Sock is running for his life on every play.

Some D4 scores and audio if you can sift through the horrible fox radio format: Link

Reactions: kevin310
Halftime, McDevitt 27, Cumberland Valley 14. Devyn Clair, son of PSU great Eric Clair, is a beast. Junior LB-FB. Program lists him as 6-1, 230 and he looks like it.

Dave Bell and Warren Central played Trinity of KY tonight. Dave Bell had 5 receptions for 123 yds and two touchdowns. Warren Won 4241

IMG @ Pine-Richland
Coatesville @ Harrisburg
Relayer, just saw the final of the NP/Neshaminy game. From the looks of the score it must have been a hell of a game.

Reactions: LionJim
See earlier post re img/pine game. Bottom line is that img will pretty much steamroll any team. However, they play at Mateir dei in a couple weeks and that will be interesting.

You picked a heck of a game to attend to start off the HS season. Neshaminy went for the 2-pt conversion (and the win) in the 2nd OT, but came up short.

Wow...IMG crushed PR. I figured IMG would win but 42-0 on the road over the defending PA 6A champs?!

I know most of you follow Central/eastern PA football, but there were some good games in the Laurel Highlands (D5 and D6) Friday night. Seems that a good many of the usual powers lost, some badly. Ridge (my Alma mater) over Forest Hills, Johnstown and Bishop McCort both lost as well to typically weaker foes.

See earlier post re img/pine game. Bottom line is that img will pretty much steamroll any team. However, they play at Mateir dei in a couple weeks and that will be interesting.

IMG lost badly last week. I think it was to a public team in FLA.

My school, Marian Catholic, got smoked by Midd-West. This was Midd-West’s first high school football game in 16 years and those kids did a great job.

Marian Catholic football, and pretty much everyone else in the coal region, are just really bad these days unfortunately. Teams that were very good to great like Berwick and Mt. Carmel are just good and get crushed when they play out of region. Schools that used to be pretty good, like Shamokin, are just awful.

Southern Columbia is the only powerhouse left. A few schools like North Skook remain solid, but the overall coal region football scene is a bit depressing these days.

Last edited:
IMG lost badly last week. I think it was to a public team in FLA.

No they didn't. They haven't lost since 2014.

This year, they have kids from 18 different states and Canada. So much for Florida football.

No they didn't. They haven't lost since 2014.

This year, they have kids from 18 different states and Canada. So much for Florida football.
Img can't actively recruit FL kids, due to a deal struck with the high school sports association down here. So they have to recruit from everywhere.

Img can't actively recruit FL kids, due to a deal struck with the high school sports association down here. So they have to recruit from everywhere.

So are you saying there are no Florida kids at all on the team? It's just a team of national and international all-stars? No wonder Florida football is so good. They aren't really Florida kids at all.

So are you saying there are no Florida kids at all on the team? It's just a team of national and international all-stars? No wonder Florida football is so good. They aren't really Florida kids at all.
Not quite. There are FL kids on the team, but img can't actively recruit them. If they happen to approach omg, then that's ok. I know its ridiculous and impossible to enforce, but that's the deal that was struck. I would guess fewer than half are from FL. I know that the baseball program has only a few FL kids. Lots of foreigners. It's pretty cool.

Not quite. There are FL kids on the team, but img can't actively recruit them. If they happen to approach omg, then that's ok. I know its ridiculous and impossible to enforce, but that's the deal that was struck. I would guess fewer than half are from FL. I know that the baseball program has only a few FL kids. Lots of foreigners. It's pretty cool.

Real cool. IMG has players from 18 different states plus Canada. It's a football factory. P-R was foolish to schedule them IMO.

Relayer, just saw the final of the NP/Neshaminy game. From the looks of the score it must have been a hell of a game.

Great game, unlike PR-IMG. Coatesville is still the solid favorite to come out of the east, but these two should go deep into the D1 playoffs.

Real cool. IMG has players from 18 different states plus Canada. It's a football factory. P-R was foolish to schedule them IMO.

Great game, unlike PR-IMG. Coatesville is still the solid favorite to come out of the east, but these two should go deep into the D1 playoffs.
No doubt img is a football factory. But if you want to see how good you are on the natl stage, they're the ones to play. Img goes to Vegas, DC, s cal, and Miami in the next few weeks to play it's real competition. We'll see if they can survive this run.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT