ADVERTISEMENT

Hi Board. I wanted to know if anyone is interested in knowing how donating this kidney changed my..

Mr. Potter

Dec 27, 2004
life; for the better. (Remember, years ago I posted a thread about dont fault for grammEr or spelling.
) so if I am long winded you can break balls about subject and philosophy, not the aforementioned. (And that's only for the boards sake of wasting time if no one is interested, I don't want to come off as obnoxious. But This is my only internet forum besides real life and email.) Let me know.

Shalom
Brian

life; for the better. (Remember, years ago I posted a thread about dont fault for grammEr or spelling.
) so if I am long winded you can break balls about subject and philosophy, not the aforementioned. (And that's only for the boards sake of wasting time if no one is interested, I don't want to come off as obnoxious. But This is my only internet forum besides real life and email.) Let me know.

Shalom
Brian

I’m sure many would like to hear/read about it. Good news is encouraged.

I would welcome your post, regardless of content, length, spelling, or punctuation. It may provide insight to others who face a similar circumstance in the future.

Shalom
Brian

I promise to assume you're just drunk and that only one kidney means you get drunk faster. You also have a medical basis to get drunk as a good flushing is essential for proper kidney operation. :D Please feel free to correct anything I may have wrong.

Shalom
Brian

Please share. I know people bust your chops about your penchant to post random thoughts, but don’t let it get you down.

I have a friend (call him Tim) who's brother (Fred) needs a kidney transplant. Tim is all for it, they are brothers, but not really close even though they live 8 miles apart.

Tim is seriously considering it even though he is a very successful long-haul independent truck driver. He will be out of work, and family out of paycheck, for several months until he gets a physical.

Tim has two life insurance policies that are worth $2m+.

Tim's wife has told him that the transplant donation will void the policies that they have had in place since they got married 15 years ago. Wife will go along with any choice he makes due to her values.

Did your policies get voided?

(Trully asking for a friend. I have two very healthy sisters.)

Please share Brian. I'm probably the King of spilling my guts on this board, and have always been met with sincere empathy and have been given lots of support.

Love to hear your story.

Shalom.

Shalom
Brian

Brian - congrats to you for such a selfless gift. As a transplant recipient (double lung) and a kidney waitlist, I am forever indebted to my donors, both past and future. You are a true HERO!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT