ADVERTISEMENT

Hey Glov, thought you'd post that Fleury became the 2nd fastest goaltender to ever win 400 games

john4psu

Sep 7, 2003
Glov, I must have missed your congratulatory post on an amazing accomplishment by Marc Andre-Fleury.

Fewest games played by a goaltender to win 400 games:

1. Henrik Lundqvist 727
2. Marc Andre-Fleury 728
3. Martin Brodeur 735
4. Chris Osgood 742
5. Jacques Plante 753
5. Patrick Roy 753

The Sorel-Tracy, Que., native became just the 13th goaltender in NHL history to join the 400-win club, reaching the milestone in his 728th career appearance. He is the second-fastest player to reach 400 wins, requiring one more game than New York Rangers goaltender Henrik Lundqvist.

http://www.sportingnews.com/nhl/new...ts-henrik-lundqvist/fna6rm59si0c1n58ly80xy1v9

https://www.blueshirtbanter.com/201...ndqvist-fastest-goalie-ever-to-reach-400-wins

Glov, I must have missed your congratulatory post on an amazing accomplishment by Marc Andre-Fleury.

1. Henrik Lundqvist 727
2. Marc Andre-Fleury 728
3. Martin Brodeur 735
4. Chris Osgood 742
5. Jacques Plante 753
5. Patrick Roy 753

The Sorel-Tracy, Que., native became just the 13th goaltender in NHL history to join the 400-win club, reaching the milestone in his 728th career appearance. He is the second-fastest player to reach 400 wins, requiring one more game than New York Rangers goaltender Henrik Lundqvist.

http://www.sportingnews.com/nhl/new...ts-henrik-lundqvist/fna6rm59si0c1n58ly80xy1v9

https://www.blueshirtbanter.com/201...ndqvist-fastest-goalie-ever-to-reach-400-wins

Oh, along the way, a few guys named: Lemieux, Crosby, Malkin, Guerrin, Letang, and a host of over probably 200 others did help!

1. Henrik Lundqvist 727
2. Marc Andre-Fleury 728
3. Martin Brodeur 735
4. Chris Osgood 742
5. Jacques Plante 753
5. Patrick Roy 753

But, since he is sooooooo GREAT, please list for me ALL the games in the Olympics {for team Canada} that he has played in?

I'll wait.

But, since he is sooooooo GREAT, please list for me ALL the games in the Olympics {for team Canada} that he has played in?

I'll wait.

So was it upon him to place himself on the Olympic team? News to me.

Oh, along the way, a few guys named: Lemieux, Crosby, Malkin, Guerrin, Letang, and a host of over probably 200 others did help!

Letang's the main reason his GAA isn't better. Fleury's stats dramatically improved going to Vegas which was predictable. In a defensive first system he's going to thrive. We should honestly be grateful that he never once complained about the poor defensive play in front of him throughout his tenure. He's a class act. You can be glad he's gone but he's the best goalie in Penguins history and he's has a ton of career left to go down as one of the winningest goalies of all time. Honestly, he's have his best statistic season right now without those elite players...

Letang's the main reason his GAA isn't better. Fleury's stats dramatically improved going to Vegas which was predictable. In a defensive first system he's going to thrive. We should honestly be grateful that he never once complained about the poor defensive play in front of him throughout his tenure. He's a class act. You can be glad he's gone but he's the best goalie in Penguins history and he's has a ton of career left to go down as one of the winningest goalies of all time. Honestly, he's have his best statistic season right now without those elite players...

And he let u down soooo many times in the playoffs.

But yes, he saved us a few times as well.

Ah, no,....his save percentage was not that great because HE made horrible mistakes sir.

You are indeed a Marc Andre Fleury apologist. They are easy to spot.

:):);););):):)

Last edited:
Not being a Fleury "apologist"...understanding the lack of defense played in front of him for the majority of his tenure here and how a lesser goalie would have been broken beyond repair. I'd take Fleury over Letang any day...

All goalies make horrible mistakes--you just fixated on the goalie you see the most. Again, look at his numbers in Vegas this year. It was very predictable that he would be stellar out there.

I prefer these pics:

marc-andre_fleury_with_the_stanley_cup-206631.jpg

2016062mfpenssports24-2.jpg

marc-andre-fleury.jpg

I will now have a good rest of my day.

Reactions: john4psu
Not being a Fleury "apologist"...understanding the lack of defense played in front of him for the majority of his tenure here and how a lesser goalie would have been broken beyond repair. I'd take Fleury over Letang any day...

All goalies make horrible mistakes--you just fixated on the goalie you see the most. Again, look at his numbers in Vegas this year. It was very predictable that he would be stellar out there.

I understand sir but, he played oh-so-bad and was even benched often during his playoff career.

Stop blaming the defense in front of him.

He wears the largest pads and glove for a reason.

I will, again, provide you with facts that validate this point over the weekend.

Stay tuned sir.

It's the 'system' that does make a big difference.

It's the 'system' that does make a big difference.

Right--when you play defense it matters. I actually played hockey at a high level. I fully understand the system and I fully understand how bad we were in front of him. Most people that blame the goalie are as clueless as those that always blame the QB. Fleury was never a problem on our team. Not for a second. Our system, or lack there of under Disco, fully explains his stats.

I guessed he sucked so bad Glov, the Pens gave him a video tribute upon his return, the crowd gave him a standing ovation and chanted his name like they often did during his career. What do they know.

I understand sir but, he played oh-so-bad and was even benched often during his playoff career.

Stop blaming the defense in front of him.

He wears the largest pads and glove for a reason.

I will, again, provide you with facts that validate this point over the weekend.

Stay tuned sir.

I don't need to stay tuned, I already have my verdict so save your dossier, counselor. If you can sit there with a straight face and deny that last year's Cup doesn't happen without Fleury, then there's no more help for your closed mind. What do you have against him anyway?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT