ADVERTISEMENT

Herrera to Oklahoma

El-Jefe

Jul 27, 2012
Also visited Pitt and Rutgers. Considered Ohio State and VT but didn't visit them.

Discussion starts around 25 min into the podcast.

"Zelienople", one of the more unique place names.

The founder of the town named it after his daughter who went by the nickname Zelie, even though her birth name was Fredericka.

She was born in what is now Germany.

I live in Herrera's school district and I just left the YMCA where two high school kids lifting were talking about him committing. They were also talking about Penn State wrestling.

Then I checked here and was all caught up.

Thanks El.

Herrera is a tricky one to get a read on. I was very high on him throughout the year last year. Great defensively, hammer on top. But then he ballooned up 4 weight classes (which is understandable given his frame) for freestyle season and truly struggled. I *think* he'll be okay once he adjusts, but it may continue to take some time. And with the growth he doesn't really fit into PSU's recruiting plans weight-wise in the next 2 cycles.

There is the he Didn’t pick PSU so actually I wasn’t that high on him post.

The funny thing is not knowing Clay's background and credentials before commenting about him.

Also, any substantive comments about his post? Did he say anything incorrect?

Fair enough. It was really just a tongue in cheek comment on school affiliated message boards in general. It is a common phenomenon. The assessment of AHR is accurate. Especially that our needs are for a true 125 since Howard and Bartlett are the likely future at 133 and 141. Wasn't trying to be mean spirited!

Not saying I disagree about the weights PSU needs. Just saying those posts always happen.

I have posted ~4 times in the last year or so, almost never about recruiting. Say what you want, but applying generalizations to individuals seems pretty silly to me.
I also never said I wasn't high on him. Quite the opposite, actually. Reading comprehension can be tough.

I also never said I wasn't high on him. Quite the opposite, actually. Reading comprehension can be tough.
His generalization wasn’t generally wrong, just specifically so in this case.

I’d personally love to see more posts from you CS—especially about recruiting and high school prospects.

Reactions: Cali_Nittany
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT