ADVERTISEMENT

Here's the script from the NPR comedy...

LionDeNittany

Gold Member
May 29, 2001
DFW, TX
I guess this is from the Who;s Bill This Time section:

"SAGAL: It would be Jeff Sessions.

(SOUNDBITE OF BELL)

SAGAL: Attorney General Jeff Sessions. We also would have accepted his full name, Jefferson Beauregard Sessions, or his nickname, Jeffy the racist house elf.

(LAUGHTER)

SAGAL: Sessions went before the Senate Intelligence Committee to testify about his involvement with Russia and how he came to fire former FBI Director James Comey. But he did not answer a lot of the senators' questions. He invoked the legal principle of I don't want to.

(LAUGHTER)

SAGAL: And then, as I'm sure Amy noticed, Senator Kamala Harris was questioning him very sharply about what bases he could possibly cite not to answer their questions. And that's when Sessions, you know, shouted out he was so uncomfortable - you're making me nervous.

BODDEN: Jeff Sessions is not from a world where black women talk back.

(APPLAUSE)

BODDEN: And isn't it comforting to know our attorney general was flustered by questions?

SAGAL: Yeah.

(LAUGHTER)

SAGAL: What's it like in the Sessions house? What do you want for breakfast, honey? (Imitating Jeff Sessions) I don't know, you're making me nervous.

(LAUGHTER)

SAGAL: By the way, is it worth mentioning that Jeff Sessions, our attorney general, looks like an old baby?

(LAUGHTER)

SAGAL: You keep expecting - really it's like, you know, like a Benjamin Button kind of thing. He was born just a little while ago looking that way. You kept expecting one of the senators not to ask him questions but just say, Attorney General Sessions, peek-a-boo.

(LAUGHTER)

BODDEN: Well, I have to say, Peter, as a black male in America, there's nothing more comforting than knowing the attorney general's name is Beauregard.

SAGAL: I know."

Just imagine if someone said the same but opposite about the name "Loretta"
They can just hide behind the "it's comedy" idea.

LdN

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News