ADVERTISEMENT

Here's a different perspective

CFett

Dec 1, 2014
Harrisburg
Just kidding. It's the same perspective.

Also,

giphy.gif

What can be said that wasn't already said. Total mismanagement of the team today by the coaches. This is worse than 6-4. 18-16 is the new 6-4. My fear is that this is a season-defining loss. I can't imagine the mental toll this will take on the players especially going into OSU next week. If they play like they did today, it'll be a meat grinder. For all the crap the defense gets for giving up 350+ rush yards, they also only gave up 10 points in regulation. You have to beat the worst team in the league if your defense holds them to 10 points.

Also, while I think we all know Roberson isn't the answer at QB, the pure disrespect to not even give him one series today to see if his legs can spark something amazes me considering the coaches sent out Clifford to be a sitting duck behind a porous offensive line drive after drive after drive. Respect the hell out of Clifford for giving it a go but this is a situation where the coaches have to step in and make the right call. Not only was he not putting the team in a spot to win (because he was playing at probably 60% at best) but how in the hell does getting nailed by blitzers help him heal up for next week and the rest of the season? Just an astonishing collapse by the coaches today. I did not think this until today's performance, but honestly have to wonder where CJFs head is in regard to all the USC/LSU rumors. Can't think of anything else that's so much of a distraction that it would cause what we saw today.

EDIT: Forgot this one - I saw on Twitter a sideline reporter said he was on the Illinois side in the 2nd Q and overheard them saying "Let's play big boy ball - they can't handle big boy ball." Just to show it isn't all on the coaches, let's throw Galt's name out as well as someone who should have some questions to answer.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News