ADVERTISEMENT

Here we go again

DrJC

May 29, 2001
The offense looks uninspired and Allar does not seem to have any poise. Is that a result of coaching or is it Allar? I still think the big unaddressed culprit here is the OL. You have two fine backs that cannot get past the first yard. That to me is blocking schemes and OL coaching. This game will be close - too close. Schiano is a good game coach and that could be the difference.

The offense looks uninspired and Allar does not seem to have any poise. Is that a result of coaching or is it Allar? I still think the big unaddressed culprit here is the OL. You have two fine backs that cannot get past the first yard. That to me is blocking schemes and OL coaching. This game will be close - too close. Schiano is a good game coach and that could be the difference.
somebody should tell the offensive coaches that it's not against the law to run outside the tackles.

Agree. Is the problem the OL or the OL blocking scheme?

Agree. Is the problem the OL or the OL blocking scheme?
Likely a mix of both but it’s been 10 years. The O line still isn’t fixed and this was supposed to be the best line yet. There’s definitely a coaching issue as well IMO.

Yes, yes we did, and if I can find that elusive barber/bookie of mine I’m going to have a great dinner on him.

Yes we did...but the D rather than the O deserves the credit. FWIW we did it on a fumbled snap conversion by Beau...good poise.

The commentators mentioned Singleton's reaction. I'm sure that everyonevwants theirs...but it was disappointing to see 10 pouting about a PSU td.
Maybe he was disappointed there but Singleton lead the way for Allen on his td. He is not a selfish player.

Reactions: 87 Penn St8
FYI Rutgers defense was rated number #14 in the nation coming into the game. I think tOSU and Michigan are both in the top five with us. Not sure where Iowa is but guess top ten. Do we’ve played four of the top 15 defenses in the bastion this year

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT