ADVERTISEMENT

Here is the spot we are in. For four years now, the actions of the PSU BOT

demlion

Feb 4, 2004
have caused us to be cast as "CSA enablers," "Pedo cultists," and the like. Pennstate is called "Ped State". Our response to this outrage was to organize, rally and elect trustees to represent US.

Now one of those trustees we elected has chosen, in a moment of what can only be INCREDIBLE BLINDNESS, to trot Bruce Heim out in front of us as an "honorary captain."

And nobody at PSU seems to have been responsible for this except some faceless committee we never heard of. And nobody at PSU has any power to stop this incredibly disastrous move that will REINFORCE the label of "CSA enabler." PennState HONORS pedophile enablers!

Of course we can boo the F out of him tomorrow, but then people will say, "They disrespected the military!"

It is a somewhat close call, but I would rather boo and be told I disrespected the military than to be called a "Pedo cultist." I have an argument as to why the first is not true. WTF am I supposed to saqy when it is pointed out I voted for the guy who set me up to look like a pedo cultist?

Plus, there are now TWO retired military guys I am not too fond of--McCombie and Heim.

Last edited:
I'm certain the assumption was that no one would notice, or few would care. I think now that the alumni were called out on a wholesale basis three years ago as being partially responsible for the entire Sandusky fiasco due to being asleep, we're paying more attention. It's the logical outcome.
Well this is one fat angry horse's ass who is here to tell them they got it wrong again.:)

This was such a monumentally stupid idea, that I have to assume that Sandy is behind it. She's the dumbest one they've got, and anybody with even a middling IQ and a sense of the history would never consider such a ridiculous proposal.

Sandy doesn't know any of the history, because nobody told her, and she probably believes the official PSU interpretation of the events. Thus, Joe never was, and Heim is a hero.

It's just beyond human comprehension.

have caused us to be cast as "CSA enablers," "Pedo cultists," and the like. Pennstate is call "Ped State". Our response to this outrage was to organize, rally and elect trustees to represent US.

Now one of those trustees we elected has chosen, in a moment of what can only be INCREDIBLE BLINDNESS, to trot Bruce Heim out in front of us as an "honorary captain."

And nobody at PSU seems to have been responsible for this except some faceless committee we never heard of. And nobody at PSU has any power to stop this incredibly disastrous move that will REINFORCE the label of "CSA enabler." PennState HONORS pedophile enablers!

Of course we can boo the F out of him tomorrow, but then people will say, "They disrespected the military!"

It is a somewhat close call, but I would rather boo and be told I disrespected the military than to be called a "Pedo cultist." I have an argument as to why the first is not true. WTF am I supposed to saqy when it is pointed out I voted for the guy who set me up to look like a pedo cultist.

Plus, there are now TWO retired military guys I am not too fond of--McCombie and Heim.
If the decision was made without thought to the consequences, it was bad. If it was made knowing the consequences and not giving a damn, it was worse. I suspect the latter, and that tells me not much has changed in 4 years, despite our collective best efforts. I will not be at the game, but if I were there I would boo. My conscience would permit no other response.

These are smart people. Rod and others were booed mercilessly. the new regime doesn't want to sign up for that. I think this is a "test case", a canary in the coal-mine (for those living in WVa). I agree....boo the crap out of him specifically. I suspect they will announce them all at the same time so that he is not singled out. Wanna bet?

They'll announce him first and the others quickly after that. That would quickly kill the boos or make the fans look like they were booing the military.

Decisions like the one made by McCombie make me want to reevaluate why I sent those checks to PS4RS.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT