ADVERTISEMENT

Hellertown People (if any)

FHSPSU67

May 29, 2001
Windber, PA
I'll be staying overnight in Hellertown, PA this Saturday. Any suggestions for a decent bar with decent food to watch the Maryland game nearby? TIA!

Crossroads in Hellertown i would think they have a tv or 2 in the bar area or braveheart at the other end of town should have sports on tvs but i would call to make sure other places would be in bethlehem short drive from there

Reactions: FHSPSU67
Taps tavern is close on rt 378 they have more of a sports bar theme
Agree with both Crossroads and Taps....if you’re up for a short drive into Bethlehem, the Keystone Pub is a smallish place but has a lot of good beer on tap and fantastic wings. Had a great time making everyone laugh last year at the Iowa game as I was screaming at the TV like a madman.....

The Braveheart

Lost Tavern Brew Pub is nice, but probably not the best place to watch. Crossroads is fine, but gonna have to disagree for game atmosphere. Taps and the Copperhead are more sports bar type places.

Looks like the Crossroads is really close to my hotel and the website looks like our kind of place. Thanks to all for the suggestions! Once again BWI exceeds expectations! Beat Maryland !!!

Reactions: LionJim
Looks like the Crossroads is really close to my hotel and the website looks like our kind of place. Thanks to all for the suggestions! Once again BWI exceeds expectations! Beat Maryland !!!
Crossroads is a local hole in the wall. Really good bar style pizza. Not much in the way of beer selection, and the TV’s aren’t great, but it has tons of character. Lots of other good suggestions if you want a more modern sports bar with tons of TV’s.

Crossroads is a local hole in the wall. Really good bar style pizza. Not much in the way of beer selection, and the TV’s aren’t great, but it has tons of character. Lots of other good suggestions if you want a more modern sports bar with tons of TV’s.
This is in my stomping grounds. Taps is the choice for watching sports. Crossroads is known for pizza and steak sandwiches, but Taps has much better selection of bar food plus a great beer selection.

Resurrecting this thread to thank all who recommended the Crossroads Hotel. Great bar atmosphere and cheeseburger for me, wife had great broiled chicken sandwich and enjoyed it as well! Took me 4.5 hours because of early sleet and continuous rain & fog. Also had Yuengling on tap and watched almost 3 quarters of the game!

We're now on a cruise out of Cape Liberty, NJ, and rather than drive the whole 300 miles the morning of embarking, we've split the driving distance by staying overnight in Hellertown. I tried driving the whole distance once and felt like I missed the first day of the cruise. Much more comfortable this way, and we both loved the Crossroads :)

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT