ADVERTISEMENT

Helicopters redesigned to fit in your garage, taking $1000 pre-orders for production in 2 years ($200k sale price)

OhHello

May 3, 2021
I could see this becoming more mainstream with the upper middle class. It'll be about twice as expensive as an escalade but I think a lot of people may find this doable. Verticle take off and landing. It's like flying yourself and another in a big drone.

Reactions: jimarnp and PSU73
Anything happening with Workhorse Group?? I see it went down a little last week. What's your thoughts?? thx

I like the idea but what happens with regard to airspace regulations and parking this thing at work? How many places are going to give a spot to have helicopters land?

Anything happening with Workhorse Group?? I see it went down a little last week. What's your thoughts?? thx
Yes, shorted heavily which should just delay and make the ultimate buy back price higher. Up today in the pre-market. It has a few catalysts this week like 2.5 million undelivered shares by shorts that must be delivered by Wednesday or face an SEC fine.

I am expecting choppy for a little until ultimately it heads considerably north. I think shorts are working very hard to keep the masses from piling into $WKHS but what is also obvious is that most longs are simply not selling on the short attacks and many like myself have added on the dips.

Another I'm holding that is very interesting is $BLRX. It has amazing results on a phase 3 cancer drug that has been shown to significantly reduce tumors. Some are speculating that fast track FDA approval is coming down the pipe and it's been surging last week and now in the pre-market. Here's some info on what is being touted as a wonder drug. Easy to root for. https://www.biolinerx.com/pipeline/agi-134/solid-tumors

Assume you will need a Pilot License?? If so, what, another $15K for that?

sounds like something interesting for the midwest and west and parts of the south that are relatively speaking sparsely populated with larger distances between population centers. doubt it ever gets to the point of cars, but I could see that people that already have a pilot's license being interested and maybe some that don't have a pilto license pushing to get one in order to be able to fly one of these around.

Hmmm, think of the traffic we have now only in 3D and add an elevation factor to all crashes. What could possibly go wrong?
You would need to sell a significant % of the 276 million vehicles currently on the road in the US to have anything like the traffic we see on the roads. Then consider that they would not be constrained just a few lanes or just one plane like vehicles which must travel on roads. If you start to think 3 dimensionally, the octocopters would have significantly more space to travel and spread out in than vehicles confined to roads.

I don't think the market supports two of these per family either. We aren't talking the same scale. This isn't the Jetsons.

Yes, shorted heavily which should just delay and make the ultimate buy back price higher. Up today in the pre-market. It has a few catalysts this week like 2.5 million undelivered shares by shorts that must be delivered by Wednesday or face an SEC fine.

I am expecting choppy for a little until ultimately it heads considerably north. I think shorts are working very hard to keep the masses from piling into $WKHS but what is also obvious is that most longs are simply not selling on the short attacks and many like myself have added on the dips.

Another I'm holding that is very interesting is $BLRX. It has amazing results on a phase 3 cancer drug that has been shown to significantly reduce tumors. Some are speculating that fast track FDA approval is coming down the pipe and it's been surging last week and now in the pre-market. Here's some info on what is being touted as a wonder drug. Easy to root for. https://www.biolinerx.com/pipeline/agi-134/solid-tumors
Since WKHS was first posted on this board, it has dropped from $16/share to under $10/share. It miserably failed at meeting it's Q2 projections (It missed it's revenue projection by 78%)

I think that it's safe to say that this was a pump and dump... hopefully none of us fell for it

Since WKHS was first posted on this board, it has dropped from $16/share to under $10/share. It miserably failed at meeting it's Q2 projections (It missed it's revenue projection by 78%)

I think that it's safe to say that this was a pump and dump... hopefully none of us fell for it
At least they have a little hope after firing their ceo.

Reactions: psuguy43
Well, you never hear about any collisions on the Jetsons so....
If you stretched traffic into multiple planes, it would be less congested. Also, I'm sure these would not be owned by everyone, so traffic off the ground would be less. However, drunk/impaired flying could be an issue with drastic consequences (unless if fully autonomous without the option to be overridden). I can't think of a good way for an officer to make a stop in such cases?

Zero chance the FAA lets those in the airspace without training and certificates, unless extremely restricted.

There are some very narrow views in this thread regarding collision hazards as a function of traffic density. Density is a factor, but don’t be fooled. General signaling and coordination of intents among pilots really isn’t worked out. At least on roads we require that drivers have a decent understanding of where and how each is supposed to guide their vehicle.

There are some very narrow views in this thread regarding collision hazards as a function of traffic density. Density is a factor, but don’t be fooled. General signaling and coordination of intents among pilots really isn’t worked out. At least on roads we require that drivers have a decent understanding of where and how each is supposed to guide their vehicle.
The videos on this page say differently... https://www.reddit.com/r/IdiotsInCars/

that said, I look forward to the idiotsinhelicopters spinoff reddit.

Reactions: 81b&w and PSU Mike
Huh? I disagree.

Pilots nearly always communicate exactly what their intentions are prior to and/or during takeoff and landing at G and E airports via radio, and are tightly controlled by Air Traffic Control (ATC) at Class B, and C airports. All part of the training and general practice in my (limited) experience. There are also specific traffic patterns and altitudes for every airport, if each aircraft is not directly vectored right to the ground and then directed exactly how to get where they're going on the ground by ATC. On the ground at uncontrolled airports (no ATC), there is very specific signage and protocol that every pilot learns to avoid ground collisions and radios to help coordinate this.

Between airports on cross country flights, pilots are supposed to and generally do maintain certain altitudes, depending on their heading and are tracked via transponder if they so choose (a lot do). This allows for anyone using "flight following" services to coordinate collision avoidance all over the country.

This is why we there are transponders and ATS-B. Tracking aircraft for collision avoidance.

Commercial flights above 10,000' or in Class A airspace are tightly controlled by air traffic control as well for collision avoidance.

As someone else wrote, I think drones are the more appropriate comparable here and even licensure with those comes with altitude restrictions for collision avoidance with manned aircraft (400'), rules about flying over people or populated areas, keeping in line of sight, and how far one must stay away from buildings and such. Below 400' is a free for all away from airports and populated areas, but manned aircraft aren't supposed to go below 500'.

And a higher density of aircraft in the airspace would absolutely affect the probability of a midair collision. That's like saying that more cars on the same roads wouldn't lead to more accidents. Of course it would.

Reactions: KCLion and Obliviax
Huh? I disagree.

Pilots nearly always communicate exactly what their intentions are prior to and/or during takeoff and landing at G and E airports via radio, and are tightly controlled by Air Traffic Control (ATC) at Class B, and C airports. All part of the training and general practice in my (limited) experience. There are also specific traffic patterns and altitudes for every airport, if each aircraft is not directly vectored right to the ground and then directed exactly how to get where they're going on the ground by ATC. On the ground at uncontrolled airports (no ATC), there is very specific signage and protocol that every pilot learns to avoid ground collisions and radios to help coordinate this.

Between airports on cross country flights, pilots are supposed to and generally do maintain certain altitudes, depending on their heading and are tracked via transponder if they so choose (a lot do). This allows for anyone using "flight following" services to coordinate collision avoidance all over the country.

This is why we there are transponders and ATS-B. Tracking aircraft for collision avoidance.

Commercial flights above 10,000' or in Class A airspace are tightly controlled by air traffic control as well for collision avoidance.

As someone else wrote, I think drones are the more appropriate comparable here and even licensure with those comes with altitude restrictions for collision avoidance with manned aircraft (400'), rules about flying over people or populated areas, keeping in line of sight, and how far one must stay away from buildings and such. Below 400' is a free for all away from airports and populated areas, but manned aircraft aren't supposed to go below 500'.

And a higher density of aircraft in the airspace would absolutely affect the probability of a midair collision. That's like saying that more cars on the same roads wouldn't lead to more accidents. Of course it would.
You’re indirectly making my point for me. This item is being pitched in this thread like a potentially unregulated thing. The typical Joe hasn’t learned all that. If this starts as a “fly as you want thing” it won’t take a lot of people up there to get into trouble.

Or it's finally getting into a reasonable value range. TIC.

You’re indirectly making my point for me. This item is being pitched in this thread like a potentially unregulated thing. The typical Joe hasn’t learned all that. If this starts as a “fly as you want thing” it won’t take a lot of people up there to get into trouble.
I'll bet I would !

Reactions: PSU Mike
Wtf are you taking about?

Say what you mean and meant from the first place.

We already have wives. If this was some passive aggressive point you were trying to make, that is stupid.

Not that I buy that you are that clever.

You have either wasted everyone's time or you have no clue what you're talking about.
Why the anger? And I don’t even understand the wives thing. Change your tone.

My point should be clear. It doesn’t take a high number of untrained idiots in the sky to cause a problem. I’m not thinking like a neurotic wife. I’m thinking from a human interaction modeling perspective. People have lanes to follow on roads, and drivers have sense of how to interact to avoid one another because they have a reasonable idea where others will be and how they will drive. It’s much harder in the airspace, especially without training and practice.

I have a patient who is a helicopter pilot. He said they are harder to fly than airplanes.
I realize this is a different type of helicopter, but there is no way I would fly one of these unless I was an accomplished pilot.

Reactions: WestSideLion
Why the anger? And I don’t even understand the wives thing. Change your tone.

My point should be clear. It doesn’t take a high number of untrained idiots in the sky to cause a problem. I’m not thinking like a neurotic wife. I’m thinking from a human interaction modeling perspective. People have lanes to follow on roads, and drivers have sense of how to interact to avoid one another because they have a reasonable idea where others will be and how they will drive. It’s much harder in the airspace, especially without training and practice.
Apologies. Deleted that post. Over imbibed a bit after a miserable day. If you could forget that happened, I'd be obliged.

I have a patient who is a helicopter pilot. He said they are harder to fly than airplanes.
I realize this is a different type of helicopter, but there is no way I would fly one of these unless I was an accomplished pilot.
my guess is that personalized drones will rule in this category.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT