ADVERTISEMENT

Heading to Nashville for 4th of July weekend ...

psuro

Aug 24, 2001
The corner table at the Skellar
give me some ideas for restaurants and things to do Traveling with a group of five - all adults and no kids.

A side trip to Jack Daniels distillery is already set up. So has some live music venues. Luckily I am not forced to go to country western music. The others will go without me.

Also-best place to see fireworks?

Last edited:
Stop at Vanderbilt University and thank them for Franklin. Or is it curse them for Franklin? I get confused.

Reactions: Fac
give me some ideas for restaurants and Things to do Traveling with a group of five All adults and no kids.

A side trip to Jack Daniels distillery is already set up. So has some live music venues. Luckily I am not forced to go to country western music. The others will go without me.

Was just there. Restaurant - Chef and I. Get a seat at the counter to watch the cooking. Reservations a must. For cocktails check out a place called Bar Sovereign. For beers Hops and Crafts taproom. Nothing special but an excellent collection of beer. If you can see a show at the Marathon Music Works, I’d recommend it; they get excellent bands (all varieties, not just country) and it’s a cool place to see a show.

Fireworks over the river by the Titans stadium are good.
Places to try and hit:
Breakfast: Pancake Pantry over on West End by Vandy or the Loveless Cafe
Dinner: so many good options. The Yellow Porch, The Southern Steak and Oyster

Go check out the Parthenon, walk around Vanderbilt, Check out Lower Broadway....lots of bars and honky tonks. I would recommend the Country Music Hall of Fame as well.
Enjoy your trip.

Reactions: lobo lion
Here is a view of the fireworks...
images

Been there a couple times but good info as I will be going the week after the 4th. If you are a 'hipster' which Im not, the 5 points area is where all of those type of things go on. Otherwise down on music row and the district are places worth checking

Southern Steak and Oyster is a good choice for casual type place close to Broadway. If you want to step it up a notch, without question, HUSK.

Reactions: Kmase21
Great city. I went there for the first time for a bachelor party back in March. Definitely make a reservation at Husk. Have a great time.

give me some ideas for restaurants and things to do Traveling with a group of five - all adults and no kids.

Printer's Alley has some blues and jazz bars also. Saw a great blues band at Bourbon Street Blues & Boogie Bar.

Reactions: rohrmd9
Printer's Alley has some blues and jazz bars also. Saw a great blues band at Bourbon Street Blues & Boogie Bar.
I'll second this...our favorite music venue was the Bourbon Street Blues & Boogie Bar...there was a terrific blues band there the one evening we visited.

There are so many music venues (including all 3-4 floors and rooftops of almost every building!!) that it becomes a little overwhelming. We enjoyed hitting some of the rooftop venues although at that point in the evening I couldn't really remember which ones were which. :confused: Just walk up and down the street until you hear something you like and then pop in for a drink or two.

We were there about a year ago. We really enjoyed the Mockingbird Cafe for breakfast/brunch.

@Nashville Lion knows what he's talking about. Loveless Cafe (about 20 minutes SW of town) has been a classic breakfast/brunch destination for decades. I went their as a student in the 80s, and have been back on more recent visits. The Parthenon in Centennial Park is also impressive. I'm not a particularly big country music fan, but the Grand Ole Opry, Ryman Auditorium and the Country Music Hall of Fame/Museum are all worthwhile visits. Nashville is a great city!

Reactions: Nashville Lion
ro, I might be there as well that weekend. Planning the first college visit for my son to Belmont to check out their music school.

I concur with the recommendations of Pucketts and the Southern. Both are excellent. For bars, I enjoyed the FGL House.

If you're sticking around until Monday, Yes is playing at the Grand Ole Opry.

Tootsies. and if you want to hit a hole in the wall for drinks outside of the city, where you never know who will show up, go to Santa's Pub.

You can't go wrong with any of the bars on Broadway. Enjoy!!

I liked the Johnny Cash Museum personally. Enjoyed it more than the country music hall of fame. Saw some good bands at Kid Rocks Honky Tonk. Wish I would have read this post before going though as it sounds like some great places.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT