ADVERTISEMENT

Have you ever been to Columbus after a loss??

I have to admit that I REALLY enjoyed Urban Meyer's postgame presser. Let's face it. They got smoked. At home. This loss could very well prevent them from getting into the playoff. Moreover, unless they rebound big time, it could have a hangover effect when the Lions go to the Horseshoe. They have already lost once this season in the Horseshoe. No reason they can't lose twice.

I live in Columbus (supposedly for only 5 more days) and I have seen this before, such as when they lost to UF in the national championship game. Unfortunately, most of the time they are obnoxious, in your face, arrogant fans.

I have to admit that I REALLY enjoyed Urban Meyer's postgame presser. Let's face it. They got smoked. At home. This loss could very well prevent them from getting into the playoff. Moreover, unless they rebound big time, it could have a hangover effect when the Lions go to the Horseshoe. They have already lost once this season in the Horseshoe. No reason they can't lose twice.
I just call my
soothsayer for glimpse of the season before us...URB should stay near EMTs for future games.

giphy.gif

Last edited:
Anybody spot these guys??

3dfaf68ea48e21e6ae0aa72ae29678e9.jpg
I love that pic so much, I'm thinking about getting it framed for my man cave.

Seriously though, should anyone be surprised by tosu's play after 31-0? Eventually, one would think that the pollsters are going to realize they've been overrating the buckeyes based on reputation (of both the program and the coach).

No, but Fowler made a point of it, I got a good chuckle out of it :)
The guys on the radio broadcast also made a point of it. When OU scored to make it 24-13 with 11:00 left they called the tOSU fans out for heading to the exits.

That's what being spoiled and listening to every media outlet saying how great u are all the time does to people. They feel it's their human right to see a win and will bolt in disgust at the first sight on an impending loss.

Reactions: JoeFi and WeR0206
In all fairness, OSU is absolutely loaded with talent. If their staff was worth their salaries, there's no reason they shouldn't run rough shod through most teams. So, I can see why they get touted the way they do with their high ceiling, but as they say, eventually, you are what you are.

This is why Urbs said PSU should have made the playoffs last year with their losses while winning the B1G. He didn't care about why we didn't get in or if we should have gotten in, he was trying to cover for his team in case they had some loses.

Reactions: PSJimbo
I haven't but the odds are increasing since it's happened in 2 of the last 3 games.

I kept yelling for them to pass to Eye Test, but they simply weren't listening. They would have won.

Reactions: Judge Smails
In all fairness, OSU is absolutely loaded with talent. If their staff was worth their salaries, there's no reason they shouldn't run rough shod through most teams. So, I can see why they get touted the way they do with their high ceiling, but as they say, eventually, you are what you are.
Which is why Urbs is going to have to monitor his heart really soon if he doesn't discover a way to move the ball vertically down the field.

Ohio State 2nd to last in NCAA in passing defense after two games. You'd think having the "best defensive line in the history of college football" would help with that, no?

http://www.espn.com/college-footbal...at/passing/position/defense/sort/passingYards

And from the Ozone.....after spending the entire offseason saying there would be no dropoff from losing 3 secondary players to the draft...now:

"Ohio State did have three eventual first-round picks in last season’s secondary, so a drop-off was expected."

Reactions: Chickenman Testa
Which is why Urbs is going to have to monitor his heart really soon if he doesn't discover a way to move the ball vertically down the field.
I think we may see Urbs at the Golden Dome soon. Where he will kick ass for a few years, then level off and drop back. Seems to be his MO.

As a Columbus resident the most infuriating thing about buckeye fans is that after a loss, you will never hear about how the winning team was just better. Mayfield was a beast last night. Tip your cap and say nice job. Instead, it will be this player sucks, or that coach needs to get fired. Amateur fans afraid of competition. Everything needs to be a 40-0 victory and then talk about how much Michigan sucks.

As a Columbus resident the most infuriating thing about buckeye fans is that after a loss, you will never hear about how the winning team was just better. Mayfield was a beast last night. Tip your cap and say nice job. Instead, it will be this player sucks, or that coach needs to get fired. Amateur fans afraid of competition. Everything needs to be a 40-0 victory and then talk about how much Michigan sucks.
Heaven forbid if a team that started the year at #2 bottoms out and ultimately ends the season losing to meat-chicken. That fan base will implode.

Reactions: JoeFi
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT