ADVERTISEMENT

Has Thompkins surpassed Blacknall

grinagrin

Aug 25, 2001
to be a starter? He's looked really good this year and stepped up everytime his number is called.

And btw, we don't seem to sub much at all at any position except for dline and a little at cb. I'd like to see Polk, J.Johnson, Andre Robinson, Miles Sanders, Menet, McGovern, Holland get some playing time on offense.

On defense would think seriously about taking the shirt off Shane Simmons but I don't agree with taking the shirt off Cameron Brown. He needs to hit the weight room hard. Would like to see one of the 3 '15 recruited Safety's (J.Miller, A.Monroe, Petrishen) get on the field and see what they got. Marcus Allen hasn't been the same since his freshman year and Apke has been less than impressive since his injury.

Disappointed that an athlete like Farmer still can't make an impact at at Safety or Star position.

Blacknall is injured. Thompkins has always been a star in waiting, I think the same of Blacknall.....When healthy.

Thompkins has skill, but he is just a step behind the starting 3. I also think Godwin is far better than anyone thought, and he has really been a great receiver for PSU, starting with the Pinstripe Bowl. Depending on his play for the balance of the year, he may have a shot at the next level. Which then opens up a position for next year.

This is the best set of WRs that PSU may have ever had. Certainly in the 40 years I have been following the program.

to be a starter? He's looked really good this year and stepped up everytime his number is called.

And btw, we don't seem to sub much at all at any position except for dline and a little at cb. I'd like to see Polk, J.Johnson, Andre Robinson, Miles Sanders, Menet, McGovern, Holland get some playing time on offense.

On defense would think seriously about taking the shirt off Shane Simmons but I don't agree with taking the shirt off Cameron Brown. He needs to hit the weight room hard. Would like to see one of the 3 '15 recruited Safety's (J.Miller, A.Monroe, Petrishen) get on the field and see what they got. Marcus Allen hasn't been the same since his freshman year and Apke has been less than impressive since his injury.

Disappointed that an athlete like Farmer still can't make an impact at at Safety or Star position.

Gotta believe we'll see more substituting on offense as the season moves along.

I agree with playing Cam Brown this year, even if he is a little light. CJF described his physique as freakish regarding his muscular makeup, and I translate that as saying he is very muscular for his weight and has very low body fat. He will get bigger as he matures at PSU within the S&C program, but we need LB depth, particularly next year. Getting him on the field this year will pay off next year when Bell and WW are gone. It would be great if WW would reconsider and apply for a 6th year, given that he does not seem to be in top condition due to the long recovery from his ACL surgery and the potential of an NFL career if/when he is fully recovered. But the team needs Brown to be ready to compete for a starting LB job in 2017, or at least be ready to be a top backup, similar to what Bowen is this year. Lack of LB depth on the roster pretty much dictates that Brown play this year.

I also wonder what happened to J.Miller, A.Monroe, Petrishen. CJF talked about playing Monroe last year. Has he played on kick coverages this year?

I think Blacknall is going to go as one of those big recruits who didn't end up doing much in his career.

Thompkins has skill, but he is just a step behind the starting 3. I also think Godwin is far better than anyone thought, and he has really been a great receiver for PSU, starting with the Pinstripe Bowl. Depending on his play for the balance of the year, he may have a shot at the next level. Which then opens up a position for next year.

This is the best set of WRs that PSU may have ever had. Certainly in the 40 years I have been following the program.

The announcers on the game noted that there were a lot of NFL scouts at the game specifically looking at Godwin.

I think Blacknall is going to go as one of those big recruits who didn't end up doing much in his career.

That could happen. I've heard he is excellent in practice but so far I haven't seen it translate to the field but it is still very, very early.
He has a injury issue so that isn't going to help things.
I think he will be fine once he gets over the injury and settles into the new offense.
But he will be pressed for playing time by some very talented people behind him.
Like psuro said I've never seen the WR' depth at PSU this good.

That could happen. I've heard he is excellent in practice but so far I haven't seen it translate to the field but it is still very, very early.
He has a injury issue so that isn't going to help things.
I think he will be fine once he gets over the injury and settles into the new offense.
But he will be pressed for playing time by some very talented people behind him.
Like psuro said I've never seen the WR' depth at PSU this good.

It's early this season but he's a true junior so it's not early in his career. He's running out of time to make an impact.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT