ADVERTISEMENT

Has Kent St. Kickoff time been announced?

No, it has not but it should be announced any day now. While it's likely to be a 12pm game, there's a decent change it could end up at 3:30pm. Game will either be on ESPNU or BTN (more likely the former IMHO).

Early season OOC games can also end up on ESPNews.

Early season OOC games can also end up on ESPNews.
I don't think there has been a game on ESPN news since the BTN opened up multiple channels. I would say there has not been one in the last 2 years minimum.

I don't think there has been a game on ESPN news since the BTN opened up multiple channels. I would say there has not been one in the last 2 years minimum.

Penn State games haven't shown up on ESPN News --- but some B1G games have. For instance, thrillers last year such as MTSU @ Illinois and Western Kentucky @ Indiana.

Right now, there are 6 Week 1 B1G games yet to be slotted. 12:00 and 3:30 are all open on ESPNU, ESPN News, and BTN.

Last edited:
I believe last years Army game(if you want to call that a game) was on ESPN news

this screams NOON game. BTN

PSU/Kent St is probably the second most appealing game of the Big Ten games not slated for TV yet (the "best" being Bowling Green/Ohio St; you could also make a case for Miami (OH)/Iowa as appealing). There are almost certainly going to be two Big Ten games on ESPNU (and possibility some of ESPNews as was mentioned) and I think PSU is likely to be one of those. The BTN will get any remaining games and there are a lot of dregs that day in the conference, including three games against I-AA opponents.

Nope, it was on ESPNU.

I don't think PSU has ever had a football game carried on ESPNews.
With the exception of possible overflow waiting for a game in progress to end, we've never been on ESPNews. But this will only be the 3rd year where the contract allows for B1G controlled games to fall that far. However, way back in the last decade we did appear on ESPN Classic when that was used to spread out the games like ESPNews is now..

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT