ADVERTISEMENT

Has anybody noticed the flood of national attention we're getting...

Playing Pitt gives them a bit of much needed revenue and national attention- it does nothing at all for us. Anybody who thinks we should renew the series is sitting on their brain.
I've been on the fence about which way we should roll here. After Saturday's ugliness, it's time to leave. Their players were taking cheap shots all night long and the risk of serious injury from something petty isn't worth it... football is inherently risky and there will always be cheap shots in a game, but the repeated face mask grab/twist sealed my opinion.

For them, it's very personal -- which is ok -- but the lack of control (or exercise of it by their staff) suggests it's time to scoot...

in my opinion, of course :)

It's tough to tell sarcasm over the internet so I'm not sure what the OP meant, but...

I have actually heard a good bit of positive reaction to our impressive win. National analysts seem to have been impressed, especially after the OT win the week before left many questioning how good we are. That said, the context of the discussion is pretty much centered on blowing out a Power 5 team on the road and not anything about it being a "rivalry" or how tough the Panthers are or anything like that. I dare say that if it were, say, Syracuse or any random middling Power 5 team (I dunno, maybe someone like NC State) we were playing instead the pundit reaction would be the same.

Reactions: N&B4PSU
I've been on the fence about which way we should roll here. After Saturday's ugliness, it's time to leave. Their players were taking cheap shots all night long and the risk of serious injury from something petty isn't worth it... football is inherently risky and there will always be cheap shots in a game, but the repeated face mask grab/twist sealed my opinion.

For them, it's very personal -- which is ok -- but the lack of control (or exercise of it by their staff) suggests it's time to scoot...

in my opinion, of course :)

This was a very bad look for Narduzzi and frankly.. he all but admitted it during his Post Game conference.

Team was undisciplined...out coached... separation of talent more than evident.

Frankly... we want Narduzzi at Pitt...

Reactions: BBrown and N&B4PSU
It's tough to tell sarcasm over the internet so I'm not sure what the OP meant, but...

I have actually heard a good bit of positive reaction to our impressive win. National analysts seem to have been impressed, especially after the OT win the week before left many questioning how good we are. That said, the context of the discussion is pretty much centered on blowing out a Power 5 team on the road and not anything about it being a "rivalry" or how tough the Panthers are or anything like that. I dare say that if it were, say, Syracuse or any random middling Power 5 team (I dunno, maybe someone like NC State) we were playing instead the pundit reaction would be the same.

I was trying (unsuccessfully) to be sarcastic. I really haven't seen much from the national people. I listen to the XM radio guys who mention it, but move on pretty quickly. We were barely a blip on sportscenter. They talk about it as a laugher (Akron, for example) and not as a rivalry. The lead-up last week was all about the rivalry. They changed the message after the curb-stomping.

Reactions: N&B4PSU and 91Joe95
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT