ADVERTISEMENT

Harbaughmageddon

"Harmageddon" is very close to the original. Armageddon derives (through Greek and Latin) from the Hebrew "Har Megiddo" which translates as "The hill of Megiddo". The ancient town of Megiddo was the site of many ancient battles up to WW I, when British General Allenby (who commanded T.E. "Lawrence of Arabia") won the battle of Megiddo and was knighted as (coolest title ever) Sir Edmund Allenby of Armageddon. In the Book of Revelation it will be the gathering place of all the armies forming for the "End Times" battle for Jerusalem. Now back to football, where Harmageddon is a mediocre coach and I hope he gets that lifetime contract at Michigan.

Best board ever.

Reactions: LionJim
Not that I'm especially defending the QB play, but Michigan's receivers are definitely a big part of the problem. Very pedestrian group that doesn't get open against good secondaries.

They need to learn to play better defense too, they're doing a terrible job breaking up those interceptions!

They need to learn to play better defense too, they're doing a terrible job breaking up those interceptions!

Yes, a very underrated part of receiver play. When the corner jumps the route it is the receiver's job to get his body in the way, and if he can't do that, grab the corner's arms and prevent the catch, and if he can't do that, try to pound the ball out. You'd think receivers would love the chance to do to corners all the dirty stuff that corners do to them to keep them from catching the ball. But instead receivers have a tendency to just stand there and say uh-oh.

Reactions: 91Joe95
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT