ADVERTISEMENT

Harbaughmageddon

I think “Harmageddon “ would be catchier.
I still think Michigan will start strong next season on their talent alone. Harbaugh is not dumb, he will make some changes, the question is whether they will be enough once midseason begins.

It's not surprising that Michigan was down this year because they lost so much experience. But the way they lose games has got to be discouraging. Harbaugh is a great recruiter (though to be fair any coach wearing the Michigan cap is going to be a great recruiter) but hasn't turned out to be such a great game coach or motivator -- and certainly no quarterback whisperer.

This was a young talented Michigan team that should have been using the bowl game as a stepping stone to 2018. Instead they stunk it up and kind of quit on both sides of the ball. You can't say Harbaugh's on the hot seat yet but there are enough questions that if I were a top player I would think twice about going there. It doesn't look stable..

Reactions: N&B4PSU
I still think Michigan will start strong next season on their talent alone. Harbaugh is not dumb, he will make some changes, the question is whether they will be enough once midseason begins.

I'm not going to deny that Harbaugh isn't a good coach. However, I'm beginning to wonder if he is a great talent evaluator. He won in San Francisco with a team that was built basically before he got there. His best Michigan team consisted of Hoke's kids. His defense, while young and full of new starters, lost its luster as the season wore on. Tarik Black appears to be the only offensive play maker he's recruited thus far.

Next year will rely on Patterson getting a waiver to play. Even then, you are asking a lot from one player.

Reactions: JoeFi
Great weekend if you
Nordin is a complete scum bag. Im sure he will issue he typical - it was in the heat of the moment apology tomorrow. But it is classless
He did today...about 10 minutes ago:

"I made an inappropriate gesture, and for that I apologize," Nordin said. "I will grow and learn from this and will work on conducting myself in a more mindful manner."

"I made an inappropriate gesture, and for that I apologize," Nordin said. "I will grow and learn from this and will work on conducting myself in a more mindful manner."

That second sentence of the apology just tells me someone wrote it for him. It’s getting to the point when I hear Baker Mayfield or Nordin apologize anymore I just assume some PR person forced them to do so and the player isn’t really sorry (especially with Mayfield when he has multiple episodes in a season).

I was saddened when he decommitted, but am thanking the Lord for missing out on this one now. Addition by subtraction, indeed. A personality like his can be a big problem in the locker room if things are not completely to his liking.

I am so glad he went to Michy and backed out of his verbal to PSU....He is definitely not PSU material. To much about me.....maybe he would have learned from Barkley, but he is a piece of work for sure.

It's not surprising that Michigan was down this year because they lost so much experience. But the way they lose games has got to be discouraging. Harbaugh is a great recruiter (though to be fair any coach wearing the Michigan cap is going to be a great recruiter) but hasn't turned out to be such a great game coach or motivator -- and certainly no quarterback whisperer.

This was a young talented Michigan team that should have been using the bowl game as a stepping stone to 2018. Instead they stunk it up and kind of quit on both sides of the ball. You can't say Harbaugh's on the hot seat yet but there are enough questions that if I were a top player I would think twice about going there. It doesn't look stable..

"Harmageddon" is very close to the original. Armageddon derives (through Greek and Latin) from the Hebrew "Har Megiddo" which translates as "The hill of Megiddo". The ancient town of Megiddo was the site of many ancient battles up to WW I, when British General Allenby (who commanded T.E. "Lawrence of Arabia") won the battle of Megiddo and was knighted as (coolest title ever) Sir Edmund Allenby of Armageddon. In the Book of Revelation it will be the gathering place of all the armies forming for the "End Times" battle for Jerusalem. Now back to football, where Harmageddon is a mediocre coach and I hope he gets that lifetime contract at Michigan.

Last edited:
That second sentence of the apology just tells me someone wrote it for him. It’s getting to the point when I hear Baker Mayfield or Nordin apologize anymore I just assume some PR person forced them to do so and the player isn’t really sorry (especially with Mayfield when he has multiple episodes in a season).

Haha, you don't think he came up with "mindful"?:rolleyes:

Reactions: m48tank
And he’ll die a douchebag, of that I have no doubt. Even if the kid lives to be 99, he is a privileged prick and those people never change.
I'd love to respond to this but I'd be flagged for making a political statement, so I'll leave it to your imagination.

Reactions: 91Joe95
What a load of horseshiat. Kid was born a douchebag.

OMG unbelievable. Second time he's made a scene on national TV this year. Bad enough if you had a prima donna running back or star linebacker. But this is the f-ing kicker! And not a particularly great one either. I would be so looking to process that guy out of the program asap. You just can't have that. PSU was so lucky to lose that guy. We'll never know the story but I wonder if Franklin, the more he got to know Nordin, the less he wanted him. Nordin should just shut up and keep his head down at least till he can go a few games without missing an extra point.

Reactions: N&B4PSU
Michigan quarterbacks this season: 9 TDs, 10 interceptions

Not that I'm especially defending the QB play, but Michigan's receivers are definitely a big part of the problem. Very pedestrian group that doesn't get open against good secondaries.

I am so glad he went to Michy and backed out of his verbal to PSU....He is definitely not PSU material. To much about me.....maybe he would have learned from Barkley, but he is a piece of work for sure.
Agreed. Not much left to say about the kid. We can't control everything that our kids do/say, but if he were one of mine, it wouldn't happen a second time. Actually, I couldn't imagine the first time!

Harbaugh is a good coach with the ability to win many games and even championships with the right players and the right breaks. What he isn't is the infallible greatest coach at any level of football that many Michigan fans thought in 2014.

Harbaugh is a good coach with the ability to win many games and even championships with the right players and the right breaks. What he isn't is the infallible greatest coach at any level of football that many Michigan fans thought in 2014.

He's probably about the 5th or 6th best coach in the Big Ten. Not worth the money.

Jim Kardashian. Perfect.

It really is. For all Harbaugh’s “look at me” antics to bring attention to himself and his team- he’s pretty much a college football Kardashian. All show but no substance (so far).

Reactions: 91Joe95

very hard to believe that UM lost to South Carolina. SC is a pathetic offense.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT