ADVERTISEMENT

"Happy Valley" NOT considered among BEST College Towns in the U.S.!!!

PSUfiji

Jul 15, 2018
Cypress, TX
I realize it's just click bait... but still! I find it very difficult not to consider State College among the 30 best college towns in the country... especially when Pittsburgh is! Okay, I can even understand Pittsburgh deserving to be rated highly as a tourist destination that happens to be a college town also. BUT, some of the other college towns listed??? NO WAY are they better than State College in my opinion. Some folks ought to be ashamed of themselves for letting the public's perception of Happy Valley become "so sad."

The Best College Towns in the U.S.
https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/realestate/the-best-college-towns-in-the-us/ss-BBZSyG8?ocid=spartanntp

Just wait until the Eric Barren Grand Cathedral of the Arts (and such) is a reality. This cultural Mecca is just what Happy Valley needs to raise its profile.

I realize it's just click bait... but still! I find it very difficult not to consider State College among the 30 best college towns in the country... especially when Pittsburgh is! Okay, I can even understand Pittsburgh deserving to be rated highly as a tourist destination that happens to be a college town also. BUT, some of the other college towns listed??? NO WAY are they better than State College in my opinion. Some folks ought to be ashamed of themselves for letting the public's perception of Happy Valley become "so sad."

The Best College Towns in the U.S.
https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/realestate/the-best-college-towns-in-the-us/ss-BBZSyG8?ocid=spartanntp

State College is the best college town in America. And it is not even close.

Tampa, Miami, Orlando?? Great places, but Ridiculous to call them great college towns.

Charleston, IL and West Lafayette?? While WL, has improved over the years, it's probably in the lower third of the BT. And have any of you been to EIU in Charleston? It's a place you leave and hope NOT to return.

Obviously I'm partial to Bloomington, which didn't make the list. Never made it to Penn St, but heard good things about it. Still on my BT bucket list. But all things equal, I take Madison over, even B-ton, as my favorite BT college town. JMHO.

Reactions: PSUfiji
State College is the best college town in America. And it is not even close.
Thank goodness I didn’t click on this one. Even if State College isn’t the #1 and there are plenty of places I’ve been that can lay good claim......any list of college towns that has Miami Orlando and Pittsburgh on it is simply not valid.

I know it's semantics, but I would only call something a "college town" if a college were a major part of the reason for the town. Calling a big city a "college town" because a university is located there seems to defeat the purpose of calling a place "a college town."

Just goes to show how worthless things that the news media puts out is. However, the sheeple just bite on it because the majority don't take the time to actually think through what they are seeing/reading/hearing. Ever since the Sandusky shit show, I don't believe anything on the interwebs/news media anymore. Well, except when they say I am French model, oui oui. :D:cool:

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT