ADVERTISEMENT

Happy St. Patrick's Day- what are you cooking/eating thread

PSU95alum

Jul 27, 2006
I’ve got a corned beef brisket I picked up at Costco yesterday. Debating between crockpot and smoking it. I know corned beef that is smoked basically means you now have a pastrami. But it’s a beautiful Sunday and I thought why not fire up the Big Black Egg and smoke some meat.

What are you cooking and how are you preparing it? And what beverage will you start with and then transition to! I may start with some Blanton’s and then move on to some Guinness.

Erin Go Brockovich!

Reactions: anon_xdc8rmuek44eq
Corn beef and cabbage and carrots... couple briskets boiled a couple roasted with a little brown sugar glaze.

Reactions: FHSPSU67
I'm not cooking anything festive, but I am going to put some ribs on the smoker today.

I wanted to try smoking a corned beef brisket, but I am the only one in the house who would eat it. I hope you let us know how it turns out.

I may grab a pint of Guinness later.

Corned beef and cabbage with boiled potato and Irish soda bread pudding with apples and cinnamon for desert. I’ll have a Guinness during the PSU hockey game this afternoon.

Reactions: Indian rocks rich
Mexican food for lunch. On the road this evening, so I will be dining in a restaurant somewhere in New York.

Chinese with a friend

First thing I thought of.....

tDvx0d.gif

Reactions: Phil's Rug
Traditional Irish
Corned beef, cabbage, potatoes, carrots....neighbors usually drop off a loaf of Irish Soda bread for the kids...I mean me as well.

Exactly this. Now, for condiments - do you go creamy horseradish or spicy mustard? I like both, but prefer the spicy/horseradishy mustard if available.

And some of this:

2015102719_writers_tears_copper_pot_original.png

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT