ADVERTISEMENT

Happy Easter. Here is a sports quiz I posted to friends on Facebook.

SEPATOPTEN

Aug 21, 2010
Ok sports quiz time. You guys that think you know anything better think again. No google we do the honor system
5 questions 1 point apiece.
1. Name the Heisman Trophy winner of American Indian heritage whose mother and father were both blind?
2.Who scored the game winning and series clinching goal for Canada late in game 8 of the 1972 summit series between the NHL and USSR?
3. What two Philly schoolboy basketball players played against each other in the 1979&1980 City Title games and then went on to be teammates at St Joseph's University?
4. What were the original names of these three athletes? Must get all three for the point. Ahmad Rashad, Muhammad Ali and Dwight Muhammad Qawi.
5. Heisman Trophy winner Tom Harmon played football at Michigan. His actor son Mark is an NCIS star currently. Mark Harmon also played college football. Name the team he played for and the position he played. Must get both for the point.
Get all five answers and post. Don't look at other folks answers. Its Easter, god will know.
Lol X 1,000.

Ok sports quiz time. You guys that think you know anything better think again. No google we do the honor system
1. Name the Heisman Trophy winner of American Indian heritage whose mother and father were both blind?
2.Who scored the game winning and series clinching goal for Canada late in game 8 of the 1972 summit series between the NHL and USSR?
3. What two Philly schoolboy basketball players played against each other in the 1979&1980 City Title games and then went on to be teammates at St Joseph's University?
4. What were the original names of these three athletes? Must get all three for the point. Ahmad Rashad, Muhammad Ali and Dwight Muhammad Qawi.
5. Heisman Trophy winner Tom Harmon played football at Michigan. His actor son Mark is an NCIS star currently. Mark Harmon also played college football. Name the team he played for and the position he played. Must get both for the point.
Get all five answers and post. Don't look at other folks answers. Its Easter, god will know.
Lol X 1,000.

1. Jim Plunkett
2. Reggie Leach
3. Boo Williams and Bryan Warwick
4. Bobby Taylor (?) Cassius Clay. ???
5. Quarterback at UCLA.

Lol X 1,000.
Number 4. Cassius Clay and Dwight Braxton. Not sure about Ahmad Rashad

1. Jim Plunkett
2. Reggie Leach
3. Boo Williams and Bryan Warwick
4. Bobby Taylor (?) Cassius Clay. ???
5. Quarterback at UCLA.

Dwight Braxton, IIRC from Camden, NJ. Couldn't stay out of jail.

Dwight Braxton, IIRC from Camden, NJ. Couldn't stay out of jail.
Thanks. I should have known that but just could not remember the name. Was he the guy who would have his fights in Rahway State Prison and Wide World of Sports would televise from there?

Not sure I got Ahmad Rashads last name correct either.

Last edited:
Thanks. I should have known that but just could not remember the name. Was he the guy who would have his fights in Rahway State Prison and Wide World of Spirts would televise from there?

Not sure I got Ahmad Rashads last name correct either.

No, that was James Scott. Braxton beat him in a bout at Rahway. Scott ran away from him the entire fight, Braxton was a banger.

Reactions: psuro
Lol X 1,000.

1. Jim Plunkett
2. Paul Henderson
4. Bobby Moore, Cassius Clay, ?

Matt Franklin

He was given the name, Mathew Franklin by the Catholic Welfare Society who raised him. He was abandoned adjacent to the Ben Franklin Bridge as a little boy who could barely speak. The Nuns heard him say something resembling Mathew.Since he was found near the BFB, they named him Mathew Franklin. Then, after winning the title he decided to become a Muslim.

A ton of good light heavy weight fighters were fighting around the same time: Victor Galendez, John Conte, Indian Yaqi Lopez, Marvin Johnson, James Scott, Dwight Braxton, Mike Roseman, Mathew Franklin.

2 points so close to three.

Ha. I had no idea who that third person is let alone his birth certificate name until I looked him up. Still didn’t ring any bells but I was never a big fan of boxing.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT