ADVERTISEMENT

Happy Birthday Leslie Charleson (72 today) and George Washington (285).

fairgambit

Aug 20, 2010
A brief board stop on a busy day to wish Leslie Charleson a Happy 72nd Birthday. Leslie may be unfamiliar to some of you, but she was a regular on the Daytime Soap "General Hospital". I knew her from appearances on other TV shows, like Happy Days, Cannon, Adam 12....
The 1st two photos below are at age 30 (1975) and if there was a prettier face in Hollywood at that time, I don't recall it.

view

93756435-get-a-job-2-25-75-leslie-charleson-gettyimages.jpg

lc4.JPG

lc3.JPG

shoot-date-june-22-1983-leslie-charlesonstuart-damon-picture-id119527241

love-and-war-episode-13-aired-121476-pictured-wk-stratton-as-lt-larry-picture-id140901993

AND, Happy 285th Birthday to the Father of Our Country, George Washington.

1787-Portrait-of-George-Washington-by-James-Peale.jpg

gilbert-stuart-george.jpg

Last edited:
A brief board stop on a busy day to wish Leslie Charleson a Happy 72nd Birthday. Leslie may be unfamiliar to some of you, but she was a regular on the Daytime Soap "General Hospital". I knew her from appearances on other TV shows, like Happy Days, Cannon, Adam 12....
The 1st two photos below are at age 30 (1975) and if there was a prettier face in Hollywood at that time, I don't recall it.

view

93756435-get-a-job-2-25-75-leslie-charleson-gettyimages.jpg

lc4.JPG

shoot-date-june-22-1983-leslie-charlesonstuart-damon-picture-id119527241

love-and-war-episode-13-aired-121476-pictured-wk-stratton-as-lt-larry-picture-id140901993

AND, Happy 285th Birthday to the Father of Our Country, George Washington.

1787-Portrait-of-George-Washington-by-James-Peale.jpg

gilbert-stuart-george.jpg
George was 6'2" 174 lbs so he was probably a WR

I agree on Leslie, fair

Reactions: fairgambit
George needed to lighten up on the rouge or did he have some form of skin condition?

fair, fair, fair,

You must have been in a rush, as you neglected to mention Jeri Lynn Zimmerman, known to most as Jeri Ryan, or by the name of her most popular TV role "Borg Seven of Nine."

740full-jeri-ryan.jpg

740full-jeri-ryan.jpg

740full-jeri-ryan.jpg

740full-jeri-ryan.jpg

740full-jeri-ryan.jpg

740full-jeri-ryan.jpg

740full-jeri-ryan.jp

740full-jeri-ryan.jpg

Here she is in her most famous role:

740full-jeri-ryan.jpg

I actually owe some gratitude to this board for alerting me about Jeri Ryan. I wasn't watching a lot of TV when she started playing Borg Seven of Nine on Strar Trek: Voyager. As best as I can recall, there was a discussion about her on the board, and I responded with a "who is that?" and after getting a few responses I did some research. I believe I posted a few pics after the research, and Front Range responded with something about how his wife thought her character should be called "Two of Two," or "Two Plus Two" (I can't remember which one).

You also neglected to send out birthday greetings to Drew Barrymore:

740full-drew-barrymore.jpg

Glamour-Drew-Barrymore-144-5.jpg

Reactions: 91Joe95
fair, fair, fair,

You must have been in a rush, as you neglected to mention Jeri Lynn Zimmerman, known to most as Jeri Ryan, or by the name of her most popular TV role "Borg Seven of Nine."

740full-jeri-ryan.jpg

740full-jeri-ryan.jpg

740full-jeri-ryan.jpg

740full-jeri-ryan.jpg

740full-jeri-ryan.jpg

740full-jeri-ryan.jpg

740full-jeri-ryan.jp

740full-jeri-ryan.jpg

740full-jeri-ryan.jpg

I actually owe some gratitude to this board for alerting me about Jeri Ryan. I wasn't watching a lot of TV when she started playing Borg Seven of Nine on Strar Trek: Voyager. As best as I can recall, there was a discussion about her on the board, and I responded with a "who is that?" and after getting a few responses I did some research. I believe I posted a few pics after the research, and Front Range responded with something about how his wife thought her character should be called "Two of Two," or "Two Plus Two" (I can't remember which one).

Jeri Ryan, it should be noted, gave us President Obama. Her husband was well positioned to beat then senate candidate Obama but she accused said ex-husband of taking her to a sex club in Europe and wanting to covort. This was sealed but was unsealed ruining his chances and paving Obama's way to winning the Senate, and eventually two terms as POTUS.

On another front, this is also the 37th anniversary of the USA Hockey victory of the Soviet Union.

H3JQo4.gif

Reactions: 91Joe95
fair, fair, fair,

740full-jeri-ryan.jpg

740full-jeri-ryan.jpg

740full-jeri-ryan.jpg

740full-jeri-ryan.jpg

740full-jeri-ryan.jpg

740full-jeri-ryan.jpg

740full-jeri-ryan.jp

740full-jeri-ryan.jpg

740full-jeri-ryan.jpg

Well Tom, time was a factor (chasing dreams is very demanding at my age), but part of it is also my penchant for "girl next door type" women, which is clearly seen in Leslie, less so in Drew, and not at all in Jeri. That is not a criticism of the latter two ladies, but if all three were in a room (in their prime) and I could go on a date with only one, it would be Leslie. I suspect most of the board would say otherwise.

Well Tom, time was a factor (chasing dreams is very demanding at my age), but part of it is also my penchant for "girl next door type" women, which is clearly seen in Leslie, less so in Drew, and not at all in Jeri. That is not a criticism of the latter two ladies, but if all three were in a room (in their prime) and I could go on a date with only one, it would be Leslie. I suspect most of the board would say otherwise.

lol, you never know what most on the board would say.

I just roll the greetings out there and let folks enjoy them.;)

I should also note that Leslie is significantly older than the other two. What was pushing the envelope, in terms of pics, was much different in her day than in Jeri or Drew's day. And, I have been known to look for pics that attract attention; not necessarily ones that define class.

all good

Reactions: fairgambit
lol, you never know what most on the board would say.
I just roll the greetings out there and let folks enjoy them.;)
I should also note that Leslie is significantly older than the other two. What was pushing the envelope, in terms of pics, was much different in her day than in Jeri or Drew's day. And, I have been known to look for pics that attract attention; not necessarily ones that define class.
all good

You have certainly hit a home run there.;)

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT