ADVERTISEMENT

H8TEFUL EIGHT.....................filmed in 70mm film (not since 1959)

BOYCOTT THIS FILM IF YOU HAVE A RELATIVE OR FRIEND WHO IS A POLICEMAN

A call for a police boycott of the Weinstein Company’s coming film “The Hateful Eight” and other works by Quentin Tarantino has gained support from the National Association of Police Organizationsand the New Jersey State Policemen’s Benevolent Association, expanding the backlash to remarks about police violence that Mr. Tarantino made at a rally in New York on Oct. 24.

A boycott — which had already been endorsed by police organizations in New York, Los Angeles, Philadelphia and elsewhere — picked up considerable strength with the endorsement last week by the national police group.

The organization represents more than 1,000 police units and at least 241,000 law enforcement officers. In a statement posted Thursday on its website, the group objected to what it called Mr. Tarantino’s “anti-police rhetoric,” and asked supporters both to boycott his films and to refuse to provide security or technical advice for his future projects.

Reactions: Hellspite
Saw it. QT is a great film maker who is Allowed to have a smart opinion about the corrupt police departments that plague our nation.

That said, of all his movies this one is probably the least entertaining. Great acting, wonderfully shot, but the story is pretty lazy writing.

Reactions: psufanftbl

A call for a police boycott of the Weinstein Company’s coming film “The Hateful Eight” and other works by Quentin Tarantino has gained support from the National Association of Police Organizationsand the New Jersey State Policemen’s Benevolent Association, expanding the backlash to remarks about police violence that Mr. Tarantino made at a rally in New York on Oct. 24.

A boycott — which had already been endorsed by police organizations in New York, Los Angeles, Philadelphia and elsewhere — picked up considerable strength with the endorsement last week by the national police group.

The organization represents more than 1,000 police units and at least 241,000 law enforcement officers. In a statement posted Thursday on its website, the group objected to what it called Mr. Tarantino’s “anti-police rhetoric,” and asked supporters both to boycott his films and to refuse to provide security or technical advice for his future projects.

No sure what he said. But, there is certainly a problem within police departments from coast to coast. And, if anyone thinks otherwise, you're not paying attention.

What a ridiculous boycott.

Yeah...I can't stand Tarantino and none of his movies I've seen, were entertaining in the least (with the exception of pulp fiction). Here is a guy making the most violent movies in the world for entertainment, yet wants to complain about people being violent.

I haven't boycotted him, but would rather go see Star Wars for the fifth time.

Yeah...I can't stand Tarantino and none of his movies I've seen, were entertaining in the least (with the exception of pulp fiction). Here is a guy making the most violent movies in the world for entertainment, yet wants to complain about people being violent.

I haven't boycotted him, but would rather go see Star Wars for the fifth time.

Is this your religion, Jedi?

http://www.jedichurch.org

Is this your religion, Jedi?

http://www.jedichurch.org

Of course!

maxresdefault.jpg

The more serious problem is the violent inner city compared to and police violence . By far. So I'm not seeing the movie.

Reactions: toddbrewster
Honor this boycott or we will shoot you!

Tarantino films I have watched when they finally arrived on TV are not worth the time spent watching.

You are ridiculous for thinking that it is okay to ambush the police. I go back to marching with Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. and I understand the police mentality better than most. A policeman has a dangerous enough job patrolling the mean streets without having citizens wanting to pick them off. Do you understand that most inner cities want a strong police force around them?

Having said this I have been bullied and dared by policemen, who need to be fired. There is no need for this, but this jerk filmmaker came done and told lies about policemen trying to create publicity for himself. As a result teenage punks are taking out their phone cameras and egging them on and disrespecting them. How would you like the job and have to put up with this crap?

If you had any knowledge you would boycott his films and if you really love his work, then may I suggest you watch it when it goes to cable, but I for one won't watch any more of his films.

Reactions: Hellspite
You are ridiculous for thinking that it is okay to ambush the police. I go back to marching with Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. and I understand the police mentality better than most. A policeman has a dangerous enough job patrolling the mean streets without having citizens wanting to pick them off. Do you understand that most inner cities want a strong police force around them?

Having said this I have been bullied and dared by policemen, who need to be fired. There is no need for this, but this jerk filmmaker came done and told lies about policemen trying to create publicity for himself. As a result teenage punks are taking out their phone cameras and egging them on and disrespecting them. How would you like the job and have to put up with this crap?

If you had any knowledge you would boycott his films and if you really love his work, then may I suggest you watch it when it goes to cable, but I for one won't watch any more of his films.

Can you tell me what Tarantino said that was so OUTRAGEOUS? Here, I'll do it for you:

"I'm a human being with a conscience," said Tarantino, who flew in from California for the event. "And if you believe there's murder going on then you need to rise up and stand up against it. I'm here to say I'm on the side of the murdered."

THAT. IS. IT. What lies were there? How that is an indictment of all police officers and worthy of 'surprise' threats/protests from the FOP is beyond me. We all agree police have a tough job and are under tremendous scrutiny. But, this is classic misdirection at one of the few celebrities who decided to make his opinion public. Tarantino was voicing his support for the families there grieving, not endorsing ambushing the police. Jeez.

Great movie. Road Show includes extended length, 70 mm, a program and intermission. Road Show is only in select theaters nation wide for a couple of weeks before general release. Six of us went to see it Saturday night for the 10:45 PM showing in Pittsburgh and it was sold-out. Will see it a second time to boycott The Boycott.

Reactions: anon_xdc8rmuek44eq

You know, inner city teachers have a tough job, too. But, when a teacher is caught having sex with one of their 14 y/o students, they get fired and arrested. We don't see the teachers union "protecting" oNE of their own. Nor, do we have to wait a full year to see video evidence of the crime.

So you defend pedophiles and police officers? You truly are a man of many hats.

Can you tell me what Tarantino said that was so OUTRAGEOUS? Here, I'll do it for you:

"I'm a human being with a conscience," said Tarantino, who flew in from California for the event. "And if you believe there's murder going on then you need to rise up and stand up against it. I'm here to say I'm on the side of the murdered."

THAT. IS. IT. What lies were there? How that is an indictment of all police officers and worthy of 'surprise' threats/protests from the FOP is beyond me. We all agree police have a tough job and are under tremendous scrutiny. But, this is classic misdirection at one of the few celebrities who decided to make his opinion public. Tarantino was voicing his support for the families there grieving, not endorsing ambushing the police. Jeez.

What you quoted was not all of what he said. Tarantino told the crowd, "When I see murders, I do not stand by ... I have to call a murder a murder and I have to call the murderers the murderers."

Let me remind you the biggest lie of 2015 was, "Hands up, don't shoot!" This was reported by a woman. After the investigation, it was determined the woman was not even near the scene and NOBODY else saw anything that came close to this. Furthermore this clean cut All American boy was sought for robbing a store and beating the store owner. The boy was also caught on video beating up a black senior citizen and taking his money. However, without an investigation and just listening to the news, I would have called the cop who shot him a murderer. It is funny how my opinion changed once the facts came in. Tarantito can go to hell for accusing a man a murderer before the facts are in!

Saw it. QT is a great film maker who is Allowed to have a smart opinion about the corrupt police departments that plague our nation.

That said, of all his movies this one is probably the least entertaining. Great acting, wonderfully shot, but the story is pretty lazy writing.

I hope when a loved one of yours needs the help of a corrupt policeman some day, they refuse and let you fend for yourselves ...

What you quoted was not all of what he said. Tarantino told the crowd, "When I see murders, I do not stand by ... I have to call a murder a murder and I have to call the murderers the murderers."

Let me remind you the biggest lie of 2015 was, "Hands up, don't shoot!" This was reported by a woman. After the investigation, it was determined the woman was not even near the scene and NOBODY else saw anything that came close to this. Furthermore this clean cut All American boy was sought for robbing a store and beating the store owner. The boy was also caught on video beating up a black senior citizen and taking his money. However, without an investigation and just listening to the news, I would have called the cop who shot him a murderer. It is funny how my opinion changed once the facts came in. Tarantito can go to hell for accusing a man a murderer before the facts are in!

Biggest lie of 2015? Really? What are your thoughts on this?

http://www.cnn.com/2014/09/10/us/ferguson-michael-brown-shooting-witnesses/

I hope when a loved one of yours needs the help of a corrupt policeman some day, they refuse and let you fend for yourselves ...

I would expect people to do their "J-O-B", like anyone else. Corruption is everywhere: Washington DC, Vatican, Medicine etc.

If you (or anyone) thinks Police Departments are VOID of curruption, you're clinically insane (or a corrupt COP).

Reactions: anon_xdc8rmuek44eq
That's what is called bullshit. Those witnesses were found to have been lying and you'd know that if you paid a little attention to anything other than yourself . What a twit.

And you also have Samuel Jackson wishing the terrorists to be white guys. He can go screw himself also.

I have zero comment on the details of this or any other police matter; my point is that I don't care what celebrities think about anything and I will see whatever films I want to see. And if you don't want to see something, that is fine too. Happy New Year.

Reactions: LionJim
Great movie. Road Show includes extended length, 70 mm, a program and intermission. Road Show is only in select theaters nation wide for a couple of weeks before general release. Six of us went to see it Saturday night for the 10:45 PM showing in Pittsburgh and it was sold-out. Will see it a second time to boycott The Boycott.

So jealous you get to see the Roadshow version. I'll be going soon once it hits wide release.

I have no big desire to see the movie, but I'm not a fan of cops, either. I know they are a necessity, but I've never had a good experience with one and I'm far from being a criminal. The job attracts too many who enjoy showing their authority and harassing people. It angers me when they get off shooting a kid with a toy gun because they feel threatened by it, yet if a civilian were to make the same mistake, they would be prosecuted to the full extent of the law.

Drop your ego with cops. Be polite no matter what the attitude you get. I was pulled over by an officer a few weeks ago for speeding . I had a deer rifle in the back seat in a case and some boxes of pistol ammo on the floor.
Warning . A few years ago I had a similar story . Warning . I admitted fault , said I wasn't paying attention like I should and apologized . I had two semi autos in cases, a few other guns and a few hundred rounds of ammo.
Don't fail the personality test and you'll be okay even with a cop with an attitude .

Drop your ego with cops. Be polite no matter what the attitude you get. I was pulled over by an officer a few weeks ago for speeding . I had a deer rifle in the back seat in a case and some boxes of pistol ammo on the floor.
Warning . A few years ago I had a similar story . Warning . I admitted fault , said I wasn't paying attention like I should and apologized . I had two semi autos in cases, a few other guns and a few hundred rounds of ammo.
Don't fail the personality test and you'll be okay even with a cop with an attitude .
You're right, of course, but your advice should apply to the cops as well. Usually people don't develop an attitude toward cops until the cop has done or said something to offend them and it can be hard to turn the other cheek.

Usually people don't develop an attitude toward cops until the cop has done or said something to offend them and it can be hard to turn the other cheek.

Edits in bold.

And you know this how?

My black professional friends assure me that DWB is a real issue; I'm not saying that cops don't need to clean up their acts somewhat. Another enormous factor is the reality of municipalities depending on fines and fees to balance the budget. But, really, no matter how unfair it may seem to be at the moment, you don't mouth off to a cop. Period. Do that and It's not going to end well. For the moment you turn the other cheek, if necessary, you file a complaint.

Last edited:
I have no big desire to see the movie, but I'm not a fan of cops, either. I know they are a necessity, but I've never had a good experience with one and I'm far from being a criminal. The job attracts too many who enjoy showing their authority and harassing people. It angers me when they get off shooting a kid with a toy gun because they feel threatened by it, yet if a civilian were to make the same mistake, they would be prosecuted to the full extent of the law.

The "kid" was somewhere around 170 and 5'7". That was half the problem right there. And the toy gun looked real (and had the safety orange part removed). But all we see is a cropped picture of a cute kid.

I'm not happy that a kid died. Don't get me wrong. But the universe doesn't care if you do something really stupid. And that cost the kid his life. Mind you, I'm also for better training. I think the cop may have been too fast to act. But sometimes an accident is just that. An accident. Hindsight is always 20/20. In the heat of the moment, it isn't as clear.

I used to own two rather realistic looking water pistols--one a 45 and the other a rifle that I bought when I was in college--I can remember carrying them around on the street on Halloween (why I got them) . They are long gone--because I used to live closer to the inner city and I knew it was stupid to have them around--anywhere. There was always the chance they would be thought of as a real gun. Broke my heart to smash them before I threw them into the dumpster--but smash them I did. I did not want a kid picking them out of the trash. And they were not cheap.

And you know, realistically, some day it *will* be a real gun and the cop *will* get killed. There's already quite a few deaths due to a child that age or younger picking up a real gun and shooting someone--usually but not always accidentally.

Last edited:
Reactions: LionJim
Edits in bold.

And you know this how?

My black professional friends assure me that DWB is a real issue; I'm not saying that cops don't need to clean up their acts somewhat. Another enormous factor is the reality of municipalities depending on fines and fees to balance the budget. But, really, no matter how unfair it may seem to be at the moment, you don't mouth off to a cop. Period. Do that and It's not going to end well. For the moment you turn the other cheek, if necessary, you file a complaint.

I have heard the same thing about DWB from a good friend of mine. Your advice is sound.

It's like being a pedestrian in a crosswalk. Of course, you have the right of way. But it is easy to assume that and not look--and be dead. Because a car is a lot bigger than you are. Sure the driver was wrong. That doesn't make you less dead.

But I've hung around elephants a lot so I have a healthy respect for things bigger than me.

Support your local Police State.

My goal in any encounter with a police officer is to win ( if I'm stopped say for a traffic violation ). I witnessed a one car accident and called 9/11 and waited with a few others ( neighbors in the town , I was following behind and was the only witness to it).
I waited for the medics and firemen and told the officer what happened.
It won't win if you fail the personality test . The " what about his attitude " is your weak easily insulted ego talking.
I'm nice, if the cop is out of line I'll pursue an official complaint. Never had to. DWB is real , but be polite , go to traffic court , and argue the case.
But there's also driving while a teenager , driving a douche bag car, playing music to loud, etc. Be gray, blend in, don't attract attention to yourself .

This is some good advice :

My goal in any encounter with a police officer is to win ( if I'm stopped say for a traffic violation ). I witnessed a one car accident and called 9/11 and waited with a few others ( neighbors in the town , I was following behind and was the only witness to it).
I waited for the medics and firemen and told the officer what happened.
It won't win if you fail the personality test . The " what about his attitude " is your weak easily insulted ego talking.
I'm nice, if the cop is out of line I'll pursue an official complaint. Never had to. DWB is real , but be polite , go to traffic court , and argue the case.
But there's also driving while a teenager , driving a douche bag car, playing music to loud, etc. Be gray, blend in, don't attract attention to yourself .

This is some good advice :

And don't drive a red car.....

At 18-25, haha! I started getting out of tickets at 30. I looked young but I guess by then I knew how to act around cops and talk to them.
Like Rock said, don't do illegal things . One way to stay out of trouble . Don't hang around people doing illegal things. Don't stay out to late. My wife and I go to local places and brew pub kind of bars that don't even have security . Not happening club meat market places.
Of course our area is pretty laid back but there are places we avoid .
It's pretty easy to avoid violence and trouble with the cops. These cases that make the news usually feature someone trying hard to be stupid and doing some illegal and dangerous things . Few are oopsies.

He's a good filmmaker, as in he creates a beautifully crafted visual experiance. However, he is a horrible writer. Pitiful storyteller. I would like to see him shoot someone else's script.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT