ADVERTISEMENT

Gym rats: Do you give or get the “hiss of shame”?

I was at a spin class, my first in a while, and the instructor was this Uber perky cheerleader type. Not only was I really winded, but I was getting the worst saddle burn ever. It took me every once of restraint not to strangle the spin instructor. I’ve not taken a spin class since.

At my gym the classes are almost exclusively women. Men tend to work out by themselves without the need for group approval or support.
'Ro. The woman in your sig pic is quite attractive but, at the same time, she could rip off your johnson.

I occasionally forget myself and get quite loud in the gym. The regulars know me and it’s never an issue, although I do try to combat this by paying attention to my breathing. I go to a friendly gym.

I wonder if Peloton does this.

Funniest commercial on tv right now imo.
I was at a spin class, my first in a while, and the instructor was this Uber perky cheerleader type. Not only was I really winded, but I was getting the worst saddle burn ever. It took me every once of restraint not to strangle the spin instructor. I’ve not taken a spin class since.

I had an instructor at the opposite end of the spectrum in a spin class at LA Fitness years ago. Dude had to have been 275-300lbs, nice enough, but didn’t ride the bike more than 10% of the class. He spent the whole time giving instructions and motivating folks while walking back and forth in front of the class. But just was weird that the instructor wasn’t doing the workout with the class as is pretty much standard in any spin class.

Did anyone else click on PS4814's ignore list? I gotta admit that I did. ROFL.

The perky cheerleader was supposed to distract you from the pain.

hiss of shame???? nah... i'm a man. my cardio is just lifting heavy objects faster.......

i kidd i kidd....

hiss of shame???? nah... i'm a man. my cardio is just lifting heavy objects faster.......

i kidd i kidd....
tenor.gif
NR64BLR.gif

lifting-fail-spots-workout-funny-fail-gym.gif

If you are thinking about buying kettlebells, consider the size and weight of the set when buying. Peloton dumbbells sets can be bulky, so make sure you have enough storage space at home before you buy! As an alternative, choose an adjustable dumbbell set, which can help you save space by replacing several pairs of dumbbells. Since you will be using the kettlebells at home, make sure they are covered with rubber, so they don't damage the floor or furniture.

Last edited:
I don’t do spin classes for a couple of reasons. First, in my experience I have never needed or felt the desire to do push ups while riding an actual bike. Second, in my experience riding in packs, the only shouting that gets done is either telling someone to hold the wheel in front of them or gtfo of the way or some loser upset because you touch shoulders with them.

Last edited:
We are retired, and my wife likes me to go to the YMCA with her for a variety of classes. Body wise, we aren't much different looking than our PSU days. The better half is still a babe, as a nursing supervisor, she was never in the sun, plus she has this perfect small butt. The genes have treated her well! I was the foreman at a hatchery for 30 years and never used sun screen, plus nine months in the 1st CAV, mostly jungle but fire bases also, so my face looks it. I've never stopped lifting, however, I didn't record it all those years I worked, because I did so much manual labor. During steelhead and coho stocking periods, I'd lift over a ton of fish/day/truck (2) to the drivers, besides all the other physical labor all day! For a dozen years now, I lift (4 children, all played sports, so have hundreds of pounds of weights) every four days, record it, and pretty much increase reps and/or weight. Yep, benchen 1,000! lol

Reactions: The Spin Meister
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT