ADVERTISEMENT

Guy Gadowky B1G coach of the year

flameshockey26

Jan 12, 2011
Hagerstown MD
Just saw an article on facebook that says he was just announced as coach of the year for the B1G. Impressive for a 3rd year team. Also Casey Bailey named 1st team B1G, and Scott Conway named all B1G freshman team. All good signs for PSU hockey.

Just took a close look at their record ... 13-2-3 at home with the only losses a one goal loss to Minny and overtime to O$U. I saw them play Michigan the final Friday home game, but the Pegula must have been rocking all season long!?

Congrats to Gadowsky. He's certainly brought a lot of excitement to hockey at PSU and accomplished more than most thought possible in 3 years.

I don't think we could have gotten a better coach to start up a team than Gadowsky. The players seem to love him, he is getting results already. I am hoping that means we get some higher end recruits and we can begin to be noticed on a national level. Does anyone know of any hockey recruiting sites to follow, I am somewhat new to college hockey at least enough to try to see how recruiting is going. Just curious how we do compared to top notch schools.

As a Gopher fan, I've been pro Gadowsky for a while. He is building something you should be proud of now and will be proud of going forward.

You will be a pain in our Gopher back side, but to be the best you have to beat the best, so continue to make the conference stronger.

Congrats!

Thanks Gopher. Would love to get another 1 time shot at Minny (if only Psu could get by OSU). ;)

This post was edited on 3/16 10:43 PM by psu00

Tracking down recruiting info is quite the challenge.

There are so many guys playing juniors in places nobody ever heard of - not to mention the foreign born players.

That said my favorite site is US College Hockey, but recruiting news is sparse. Unfortunately it's not like football.

www.uscho.com

Best recruiting site is chris heisenberg. Every school is listed and every junior league is listed.

High end recruits are great, but they are very young and can struggle against older teams like PSU. You need to keep them 3 years to really build a high skill team. Most schools take kids after 2-3 years of junior hockey so they are 20-21 year old freshman. It's not unusual to see Minnesota playing 18 year olds against 24 year olds as was the case when they lost to Union last year in the championship game. Minny just took a physical beating in that game.

Top NCAA recruit this year is Eichel at BU. He is expected to go #2 in the NHL draft and sign immediately. BC has the number 2 recruit in defenseman Noah Hanafin, he is expected to go #3 overall but return to BC. He just turned 18 a month ago and needs time to bulk up.

Hey, you guys owe us a home game, hope to see PSU in Boston next season!

Lar I gotta say, HockeyValley is excellent.

very convenient to get all the news, stories from the opponent's newspapers, etc. all in one place. Very glad I signed up.

That's a lot of work - thank you.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT