ADVERTISEMENT

Gronkowski suspended one game for his cheap shot....

He deserved a game. But, he's got a clean track record. Prob why he didn't get 2. Now, let's call some holds while db's continually hold him.

Like yesterday's bogus OPI on him? He gets held 5x more often than he pushes off.

He, and countless other receivers, can be called for OPI on most plays. If you believe that's the ratio you're being biased. The man is elite but he uses his size and strength to create separation. It's smart when you get away with it as most players do but he lost his mind because he's not getting calls. Should've been 2 games but the league won't bench him for the Steelers game...which is good for fans. The fact he's appealing this is pathetic and the first time I've ever had an issue with him. Apologize sincerely and accept the watered down penalty like a man

He, and countless other receivers, can be called for OPI on most plays. If you believe that's the ratio you're being biased. The man is elite but he uses his size and strength to create separation. It's smart when you get away with it as most players do but he lost his mind because he's not getting calls. Should've been 2 games but the league won't bench him for the Steelers game...which is good for fans. The fact he's appealing this is pathetic and the first time I've ever had an issue with him. Apologize sincerely and accept the watered down penalty like a man

LOL. What did you think of the hold and PI against him on the call that pissed him off?

LOL. What did you think of the hold and PI against him on the call that pissed him off?

There was holding...obviously. Again, defensive holding can be called on most plays
I had no issue with the OPI call
I hope you're not trying to justify his actions

receivers are getting away with a lot more Michael Irvin type push offs these days...

He had clear intent to injure (even if he regretted it later), I would have had no problem with a couple of game suspension.

Not a fan but was he tossed out of the game? He is not a jerk on the field, but everyone loses their cool now and then(except Michael Jordan) l With all the grabbing he goes through, it's like watching hack a Shaq do it every play and they won't call it. Ever watch Richard Sherman. play defense?

Not a fan but was he tossed out of the game? He is not a jerk on the field, but everyone loses their cool now and then(except Michael Jordan) l With all the grabbing he goes through, it's like watching hack a Shaq do it every play and they won't call it. Ever watch Richard Sherman. play defense?
He was not thrown out of the game.

There was holding...obviously. Again, defensive holding can be called on most plays
I had no issue with the OPI call
I hope you're not trying to justify his actions
I said earlier in thread he deserved a game. That was definitely not OPI on the call against him. He never extended his arm which he has stopped doing. And, the safety and Gronk just brushed against each other.

I saw a brief replay where it looked like he simply flopped onto the defender. Looked less serious than a tackle, and didn't look like an intent to injure. What did I miss/

I said earlier in thread he deserved a game. That was definitely not OPI on the call against him. He never extended his arm which he has stopped doing. And, the safety and Gronk just brushed against each other.
He extends his arms a lot. Less than before but still often. As do most receivers. Just like all defenders hold.

He should be out for 12 months. That was the worst cheap shot I ever seen, and I am a patriots fan

Not sure about 12 months - but certainly a stiffer penalty than what he got.

I know Gronk has shown up at WWE events ..... but he's not The Rock and the "People's Elbow" should not be used that way.

The standard suspension I thought was 2 games for such a hit. He has a clean past so it being 1 game is understandable but we all know why it was 1 not 2 games

He was fortunate to only be suspended one game, it’s a joke that he’s appealing it. I’ve lost a lot of respect for him this afternoon. I respected his apologies after the game.....but ridiculous that he’s saying it’s no big deal by pursuing an appeal.

Reactions: NittanyChris
The guy is a punk and I am surprised he hasn't gotten into more trouble. He's one of many reasons I watch very little NFL

Reactions: NittanyChris
Seriously if they gave him 1 game for that hit, they might as well give Burfect the death penalty before tonight's game. Can't stand the Pats but how do the Bengals get away with blatant violence week after week, year after year.

Allow me to be the voice of reason in this thread. As long as my ffl team is still alive in the playoffs, it is incumbent upon him to exhaust every appeal available to him.

Reactions: mn78psu83
We all know that if a hit like that happened to Brady, Pats fans would be crying all over this board for a year long suspension.

The guy is a punk and I am surprised he hasn't gotten into more trouble. He's one of many reasons I watch very little NFL
If you can't enjoy watching Gronk. I suggest you quit watching NFL altogether. He's a fun-loving, hard-working, outstanding player who did something very dumb. Enjoy college football. It's totally legit

Lack of sensible officiating pissed Gronk off. Shouldn't do what he did. But, terrible officiating was a factor for in it.

Ah, Pats fans.

So lack of sensible officiating somehow justifies hitting a defenseless player who was already touched down, lying on the ground, and clearly out of bounds?

Does this mean that if a player cheap shots him, Gronk is justified in punching an official??

That seems to be your logic.

I am a Bills fan and that was a ridiculously cheap shot. What angered me more was no response at all from White's teammates. Preston Brown was right there and did nothing. Bills player should have taken Gronk's head off for that bullshit. What a bunch of pussies. One game is nothing at all. He should be out for as long as White is in concussion protocol. If that is the rest of the season, then so be it. The NFL needs to stop with the lip service about making games safe and then slapping a guy on the wrist. Hockey, basketball, baseball, and even soccer get it right. Guy gets tossed from the game and then other punishment may follow. Gronk didn't even get tossed. Ridiculous.

Lack of sensible officiating pissed Gronk off. Shouldn't do what he did. But, terrible officiating was a factor for in it.

This is a serious comment? If my boss pisses me off I can break his nose and it would be partially his fault?

What world do you live in?

A one game suspension is a joke and his appealing it is yet one more example of Patriots hubris and thinking they are above the law.

He should be out for 12 months. That was the worst cheap shot I ever seen, and I am a patriots fan

It wasn't even the worst cheap shot of the week. Smith-Schuster's hit last night was disgraceful. If Tomlin had any class he would have pulled him from the game.

It wasn't even the worst cheap shot of the week. Smith-Schuster's hit last night was disgraceful. If Tomlin had any class he would have pulled him from the game.
I was going to say something about Smith-Schuster's hit last night and then decided not to stir the pot. The hit by S-S was more dangerous but did happen in the action of the play. Gronkowski's cheap shot was well after the play had finished and definitely worthy of a suspension. BTW, it's a little ironic that it was Burfict taking a cheap shot last night. There is a little bit of karma in that.

The hit on Brown's TD to tie the game was also ridiculously dangerous. It is hard to put all of the blame for concussion issues on the NFL when you have players going for the head like this.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT