Greatest Movie Ever?

What was the greatest movie ever made?

• Roadhouse

Votes: 30 41.7%
  • Tombstone

Votes: 42 58.3%

• Total voters

Consider quotable lines, karma dispensed to the deserving, and general level of "justice is served"
The Greatest Movie Ever Made was the Wizard of Oz in 1939......and second place is not even close.

Reactions: brupsu

Consider quotable lines, karma dispensed to the deserving, and general level of "justice is served"
Of your two selections, tombstone. And I agree point break was the better swayze film.

I also support with the picks for pulp fiction and Schindler’s list, although what quotables came from the later? After the mention of schindler’s List, I was surprised no mentions for Saving Private Ryan [edit: and the pianist, which is definitely in my top 5]. And if we’re talking quotes, it’s anchorman for me.

Last edited by a moderator:
Which btw is on AMC right now. Monday 7-9 pm
I used to watch AMC but since they changed their format and threw annoying commercials in, I'm strictly a TCM watcher unless I'm really desperate. It seems their biggest draw is The Walking Dead and I'm not a fan of horror and gore.

Reactions: glidresquirrel
8lt2pyp71fhxu2g3k0iyi3uryyl.jpg

Surprised no mention of Captain Ron Everything you need to know in life , is in Captain Ron

The Godfather.
Godfather is great, I liked Godfather 2 a bit better. Not the greatest but one of my favorites "Breakfast at Tiffany's", excellent score. Another truly terrible movie but with fabulous music "The Jazz Singer" with Neil Diamond.

Reactions: Option Bob
How could we possibly have gotten this far along without some mention of Howard the Duck? Here is a summary for those cinematically challenged among us:
Howard the Duck, based upon the 1970s Marvel comic book series, starred Lea Thompson, Tim Robbins and Jeffrey Jones and featured a talking, cigar-chomping duck from another planet that is zapped across the galaxy to Cleveland where he meets a musician who attempts to help him return home.
George Lucas outdid himself with this production!

As a first runner-up, I nominate Doctor Detroit starring Dan Hemorrhoid

I'll go with
  1. Wizard of Oz
  2. Casablanca
  3. Citizen Kane
  4. North by Northwest
  5. Psycho
  6. Where Eagle Dare
  7. The Longest Day
  8. Ben Hur
  9. How the West Was Won
  10. Excalibur
Also loved Cast Away, Godfather(s), Year of Living Dangerously, Mad Max, American Pie, House of Sand and Fog, Silence of the Lambs....

Reactions: glidresquirrel
Raiders of the Lost Ark is always in my top 5 across all genres.

While The Godfather movies were great, my favorite in that genre is Goodfellas.

Unforgiven is my favorite western, but also have Josey Wales and The Man Who Shot Liberty Valence high on my list.

Fantasy films - Empire Strikes Back and the Lord of the Rings are fantastic.

Some of my favorites.
Shane
Man Who Shot Liberty Valance
Saving Private Ryan
The Tin Star
Rocky
The Bridge On The River Kwai
Lonesome Dove ( TV).

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT