ADVERTISEMENT

Grant Wahl RIP

Obliviax

Aug 21, 2001
He was covering the World Cup and was only 48. He was detained days ago in Qatar for wearing a pro gay rights shirt. His brother is gay, which is illegal in Qatar. His brother believes he may have been killed. He was 100% healthy before his death

• Wow
Reactions: The Spin Meister
More than terrible news. The rest of these nations should refuse to play another single game, if his brother is indeed correct.

Last edited:
He was covering the World Cup and was only 48. He was detained days ago in Qatar for wearing a pro gay rights shirt. His brother is gay, which is illegal in Qatar. His brother believes he may have been killed. He was 100% healthy before his death

I listened to him often on the Sirius soccer channel. I always considered him to be the best analyst regarding the US National team. I just heard on the radio that he collapsed in the press box.

Reactions: GreggK
Reports all he was broadcasting a game and told others in the press box he wasn’t feeling well all day. Went into sudden cardiac arrest. Sounds like a heart attack. Sadly, not rare at that age. Best friend’s father died of one at age 47 while playing basketball with his kids.

A full autopsy needs to be done and I am sure his family will do so. Arsenic poisoning can be very similar to a heart attack but shows up in toxicology reports. Doubt if they were stupid enough to use arsenic. We will.know in due time.

Edit: the incident of him wearing a gay pride t shirt happened in November. He said he has received death threats since.

Last edited:
Reactions: bison13
Could have been an illness or heart attack. Excerpt from the article:

Per the Associated Press, Wahl had been working his eighth World Cup and wrote on Monday that had visited a hospital due to an illness:

“My body finally broke down on me. Three weeks of little sleep, high stress and lots of work can do that to you,” Wahl wrote. “What had been a cold over the last 10 days turned into something more severe on the night of the USA-Netherlands game, and I could feel my upper chest take on a new level of pressure and discomfort. I didn’t have Covid (I test regularly here), but I went into the medical clinic at the main media center today, and they said I probably have bronchitis. They gave me a course of antibiotics and some heavy-duty cough syrup, and I’m already feeling a bit better just a few hours later. But still: No bueno.”

Could have been an illness or heart attack. Excerpt from the article:

Per the Associated Press, Wahl had been working his eighth World Cup and wrote on Monday that had visited a hospital due to an illness:

And that game was incredible. I work with a lot of people in Amsterdam and that place has to be rocking. Netherlands tied the game with probably seconds to go in stoppage time. The Argentina won with penalty kicks

Reactions: jjw165
And that game was incredible. I work with a lot of people in Amsterdam and that place has to be rocking. Netherlands tied the game with probably seconds to go in stoppage time. The Argentina won with penalty kicks
Nice
I spent four days in Amsterdam once. This was a long time ago, though, probably 19 years ago. We went to the Rijksmuseum Museum, Ann Frank tour, Red Light District and a few other things I can’t remember. During the days, we worked remotely from the coffee shops 😉.

Reactions: Obliviax
So he died from the common cold?

Sorry, not buying this.
I don’t know if anyone can be certain what he died of yet. The family is in the process of repatriating the body. I’d assume they would want an autopsy and toxicology tests performed.

Reactions: The Spin Meister
I don’t know if anyone can be certain what he died of yet. The family is in the process of repatriating the body. I’d assume they would want an autopsy and toxicology tests performed.
And there is no way in hell anyone can trust an autopsy made by a middle eastern nation

Witness to Grant Wahl's Death Says There Was No Defibrillator Nearby: 'We Kept Expecting It to Come'​

"That was the question we kept asking each other, as the medics pumped and pumped to no avail," Times correspondent Josh Glancy wrote​

Garbage, no evidence to support this whatsoever. Must’ve been that 5G tracking device, right? Or maybe the jet chem trails 🙄
You may be correct. On the other hand, if you are following the Twitter files, you also know that if you are incorrect (vax increased chances of other problems) you’d never know about it.

The continuous lies, forcing people that have no danger to get vaccinated, the exposed cover up of the USAS funding of the wuhan lab and all of that lack of transparency is why nobody believes them anymore

Also no evidence to support he was murdered. I am sure the family will have a US pathologist perform an autopsy. Meanwhile, speculation is just speculation.
Absolutely spot on. No one knows what happened and endless speculation does no good and is actually harmful. Just wait until the process plays out and we get more facts.

Reactions: bison13
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT