ADVERTISEMENT

Good luck at Michigan: Iowa has found something ....

cidsports

Nov 8, 2001
You have to know your identity. Covid-19 is an odd season. It's an asterisk season.

Beat Michigan. Get 1-0 finally.

You have been 0-6 before in the Big Ten. It was 2004, under Joe Paterno, so avoid it and finish out stronger. Only 2 B1G wins back in the 6-4 Iowa game season for Nittany Lions.

Acting like this is a regular season by media is stupid.

41-21, Kirk Ferentz wins 1st and 100th B1G game, as a Western Pennsylvania native.

James Franklin and more importantly his team needs to figure out their identity. It took an 0-2 start and ultimately Week 4 for Iowa to find their identity.

DC Phil Parker reported this week. Again, good luck in Ann Arbor.

Your #1 QB should be Sean Clifford, based on Kirk Ferentz's comments this week. Fwiw

You have to know your identity. Covid-19 is an odd season. It's an asterisk season.

You have been 0-6 before in the Big Ten. It was 2004, under Joe Paterno, so avoid it and finish out stronger. Only 2 B1G wins back in the 6-4 Iowa game season for Nittany Lions.

41-21, Kirk Ferentz wins 1st and 100th B1G game, as a Western Pennsylvania native.

James Franklin and more importantly his team needs to figure out their identity. It took an 0-2 start and ultimately Week 4 for Iowa to find their identity.

Your #1 QB should be Sean Clifford, based on Kirk Ferentz's comments this week. Fwiw
No. This season’s the same for everybody. No excuses for P St, they’re terrible this year.

They played Iowa closer than I thought they would though.

Identity? This team? The identity is 0 - 5 for the first time in history. That's their identity.

Reactions: Ski
This team and the coaches have thrown in the towel. 0-9 is absolutely in the realm of reality. At 0-3 someone on this board argued the team had a greater chance of winning out than going 0-9, wonder what they think now.

I feel the worst for the kids that are attending Penn State right now. Not only are they not getting to experience games in Beaver Stadium, they’re having to deal with the worst football in PSU history. I was there for the dark years but at least got to witness some magical moments - beating Drew Brees, 324, LJ running wild over MSU to name a few, but the students these days don’t even get that.

This team and the coaches have thrown in the towel. 0-9 is absolutely in the realm of reality. At 0-3 someone on this board argued the team had a greater chance of winning out than going 0-9, wonder what they think now.
I did, and that was true at the time (we were favored in both games since I said it, and will also be favored another 2-3 times most likely). Playing and coaching with little confidence, and letting games get away from us. Wouldn’t be at all surprised to see us finish at something like 3-1.

Or Utah and Nevada.
This
ruby-mountains-1.jpg

vs.
maxresdefault.jpg

Reactions: The Spin Meister
Found something??? I think most coaches we face realize we are soft in our interior DL. Our DT are average at best, get no push/penetration in the passing game, and can't hold the point of attack in the run game. Lousy DT recruiting 3-4 years ago has come home to roost.

Quit being a pussy after PSU got its ass kicked
What do the above pictures have to do with PSU football?

A couple of Iowa homers come to a PSU board to give backhanded compliments. I fired an insult back. Calm down, Francis.

Hey guys, look on the bright side. The team might be 0-5 with no win on the horizon, but at least we don’t live in Iowa.
I’ve posted this multiple times this week but it keeps getting taken down. One last try.

I’ve never had to live a day of my life in Pennsylvania. And I feel damn lucky for that!

What do the above pictures have to do with PSU football?

A couple of Iowa homers come to a PSU board to give backhanded compliments. I fired an insult back. Calm down, Francis.

Is pennsylvania an.awesomw state? Why don't you drive through Reading or Erie...or better yet hang out with Tom Wolf. PA blows.

Reactions: Amigo3 and bman546

I feel the worst for the kids that are attending Penn State right now. Not only are they not getting to experience games in Beaver Stadium, they’re having to deal with the worst football in PSU history. I was there for the dark years but at least got to witness some magical moments - beating Drew Brees, 324, LJ running wild over MSU to name a few, but the students these days don’t even get that.

Nothing like starting off Freshman Year getting absolutely thrashed by Miami. At least we got to see Adam Talifaro run out of the tunnel. Highlight of the 2001 season.

The Zack Mills years were exciting including the windy Capital One bowl that we would have won if it wasn’t for the “weather” completely removing our passing game.

I like green more than brown.
Actually i think it's pretty childish to bash any area of the country.
Thanks for your input.

I know this may come as a surprise, but I don’t really hate Iowa. I’m just giving some flak to a few Iowa guys. You really are taking this anonymous message board stuff a bit too seriously.

PSU Football 2020 doesn't need luck...it needs a Coroner.

Except California. :)
The economy of California is the largest in the United States, boasting a $3.2 trillion gross state product as of 2019. If California were a sovereign nation (2019), it would rank as the world's fifth largest economy, ahead of India and behind Germany.

The economy of California is the largest in the United States, boasting a $3.2 trillion gross state product as of 2019. If California were a sovereign nation (2019), it would rank as the world's fifth largest economy, ahead of India and behind Germany.
What is your point? It’s obvious the guy is joking. You must be a hoot at dinner parties.

Reactions: Crayfish57
“Do you know what Iowa stands for?”

Pimp Daddies that steal your women.

Ya, ya, the same old tired joke about Iowa guys being world wide players.

We won’t steal all of your women, just for the record. Only the good looking ones.
Careful now. @WDLion might think you’re being serious and report you for kidnapping.

Is pennsylvania an.awesomw state? Why don't you drive through Reading or Erie...or better yet hang out with Tom Wolf. PA blows.
There are parts of PA that are great. Some that aren’t so great. The same as every state. You really should try not to be so serious all of the time.

@GreatBasinNit, almost did it. 6 for 7 for ending your posts with sarcastic, hubristic quips. If it weren’t for those damn pictures.... heybo, A for effort.
The pictures were meant only to illustrate my preference for the inter mountain west over Iowa. That was probably the only post that didn’t have snarky, sarcastic undertones.

But honestly, I was giving some of the Iowa guys, one of which has been on the board giving PSU faithful some flak, a hard time. It was meant to be typical banter. You can’t seriously think that I have some deep hatred of an entire state, can you?

The pictures were meant only to illustrate my preference for the inter mountain west over Iowa. That was probably the only post that didn’t have snarky, sarcastic undertones.

But honestly, I was giving some of the Iowa guys, one of which has been on the board giving PSU faithful some flak, a hard time. It was meant to be typical banter. You can’t seriously think that I have some deep hatred of an entire state, can you?

No but you should be mad.at Franklin. He's bringing out the trolls. They have PSU trolls galore on hawks nest when we beat them. Just ignore them.

Reactions: GreatBasinNit
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT