ADVERTISEMENT

Gonzaga v st Joe’s prep

‘Zaga is #1 in the DMV. We’ll see.
I suspect Prep is going to give the Eagles all they can handle. (One of my favorite things, BTW, when my son went to GNZ were the annual Prep-Gonzaga hockey games at the Penn Ice Arena the day after Thanksgiving. High level schoolboy hockey, friendly parents, and great kids all around. And I got to eat real hoagies and not the stuff they serve around here everywhere but the Italian Store in Arlington.)

But man, the WCAC...probably the perfect mix of teams that can play "national/regional" opponents, while still having really high level parity at the league level. You think you've done something winning against a team in FL, GA, or PA, and then you get to face St. John, Dematha, and Good Counsel. And then you get to do it again in the playoffs.

Last edited:
If it means anything both played St Mary's Ryken. Prep beat them 40-0 week 1. Gonzaga beat them 19-0 week 2. That being said I will go with Gonzaga 28-14.

I had Gonzaga winning so what do I know. Gonzaga is no joke, they pushed around DDS’s McDonogh team a couple weeks ago. The Prep has to be in the Top 10 nationally.

Reactions: Sharkies
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT