ADVERTISEMENT

"get 'em on the mat....."

Lionfan44

Jun 2, 2014
"get 'em on the mat and keep 'em on the mat" is the slogan of Wrestling for Life. Many of you know of, or have met, Jim Brown, the founder of this organization. He has done amazing work over the years to collect donations to support youth wrestling. This includes everything from shoes to tickets to events, to girls' wrestling, and camps and clinics.

I have no personal interest in this effort other than my love for wrestling and all that it did for me and what it can do for others. Lately, "Alex and Eli" and Brandon Sorensen's illness have reminded us that the wrestling community is about much more than wins and losses.

As we enter the Holiday season, I would encourage all Penn State wrestling fans to show our support for the sport we love and go to http://wrestlingforlife.org/index.php/donate and throw a few bucks to Jim and help him "get 'em on the mat and keep 'em on the mat."

Last edited:
Just gonna bump this to the top...I’m a fan of this organization as well!

Thank you my BWI friends. It's heartwarming to know that our supporters come from all arenas of wrestling.

As long as you are here I will be the first to pledge $1 for every point PSU scores at NCAAs this season.

Same plus $5 for every point we beat Iowa by for 1st place:):):):p:):):)
If these two posts don't get tons of "likes", given what some posts get, I'm befuddled on what's really important.

Hat's off to both of you, and all others that donate!!

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT