ADVERTISEMENT

Generic NFL game thread, 10/17.

LionJim

Oct 8, 2003
Levittown, PA to Olney, MD
Steelers play tonight, 8:20. I don’t know how much interest this thread will gather, but the London game thread seemed to roll pretty well. I’m watching Chiefs-WFT.

I’m wondering why the genius Bill Belichick isn’t continuing to win Super Bowls. I mean he was the greatest coach of all time and Brady only won because of him….apparently he forgot everything he knew when Brady retired.

Pats lost when they could not stop Dallas on a 3rd and 25 with a minute left. Dallas only got 24 yards but it was enough for a FG to send the game to OT.

Huh? Ravens blew out Chargers, Rams blew out Giants
I don’t keep up with specific games outside WFT, so my not knowing of your transitive property example would be SOP. I was just remarking on the five-touchdown lead. I’d like to know how many 5 TD games there actually actually are. I’m sure the data is out there somewhere.

I’m wondering why the genius Bill Belichick isn’t continuing to win Super Bowls. I mean he was the greatest coach of all time and Brady only won because of him….apparently he forgot everything he knew when Brady retired.

Now, now. He had a masterful game plan against both the Bucs and the Boys. He just doesn't have the horses to pull it off.

Pats lost when they could not stop Dallas on a 3rd and 25 with a minute left. Dallas only got 24 yards but it was enough for a FG to send the game to OT.

Hardly. The Pats lost because despite the Cowboys' best effort to hand them victory the Cowboys failed. For real.

Normally, I enjoy listening to Tony Romo but his praise for the Cowboys was overly effusive. Leave no doubt they have the talent on offense to go all the way but unless they eliminate the drive-killing penalties (12 for 110 yards, tied for 4th worst in the NFL) teams better than the Pats will smoke 'em.

Now, now. He had a masterful game plan against both the Bucs and the Boys. He just doesn't have the horses to pull it off.
But he had the horses when Brady was there? You mean he didn’t have the QB to pull it off just like he didn’t have it in Cleveland either.

Shouldn’t any generic football game thread start and end with WFT?
Hard yes. No identity whatsoever. The defense, a supposed strength on paper, ain’t a strength on the field. This year’s version of Washington is the most meh I can remember, up there with the all time-greats in meh. I mean, Jacksonville is a more fun watch than Washington.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT